Whales & Dolphins seen from Sky Lounge—too bad about Edge😪

cruisestitch

2 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Here we are on Eclipse spotting them out ahead of us and following as they swim along side the ship.  Watching from aft (Eden) as the ship pulls away from them will just never be the same 😢

Based on no Sky Lounge and/or any forward looking space indoors as I understand it we won't be booking Edge...love spending time looking at the sea...that's a lot of the reason I cruise!!! ;) :) LuAnn

Dolphins off the port bow!

4D6E7A04-3D2D-4CF6-8BDE-943310E29EE3.jpegJan 4 2018, Coral Sea off the coast of Australia, Solstice Sky Lounge (and its blue tinted glass!)

Edited by mahdnc

4 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

Sad but true, and along with the IV's that aren't true verandahs yet another reason we won't be booking Edge or her sisters any time soon.😥

Ditto. We won't be on E-Class until all M-Class and S-Class are retired from service - which will probably be after we are retired from life!

• Like 4

Agree.  That's why we don't go on Princess or other ships - because they don't have a nice lounge for viewing or for happy hours.  Fortunately Celebrity has kept the Sky Lounges on the older ships.  We sure missed it on the Edge, amongst other things, and won't be back on it or any of Celebrity's new ships.  Looking forward to going on the Millennium in May and hope we love it.

13 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

Sad but true, and along with the IV's that aren't true verandahs yet another reason we won't be booking Edge or her sisters any time soon.😥

For the same reasons, we won't be back to any E class ship any time soon.  I have no idea how anyone thought the IV balconies are anything but glorified ocean view cabins.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

For the same reasons, we won't be back to any E class ship any time soon.  I have no idea how anyone thought the IV balconies are anything but glorified ocean view cabins.

Actually, we saw the photos of the cabin and were not bothered by what they called them, yet our direct experience will determine if it was a valid call or not.

bon voyage

16 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Agreed. I can't see paying a premium for a balcony only to be able to sit by a window that opens only when the Captain allows, and makes the room hot when it is opened. No thanks. I want to be outside a closed door, able to enjoy the outdoors, able to eat my morning croissants and enjoy my coffee. If I want to spray on my sunscreen, I can do it on the balcony, but in a IV, the spray is in the room. NO THANK YOU!!! I also want to sit outside at night and look up at the stars and not at the ceiling.

• Like 3

Wait until the seniors who love to use the Solarium pools book the Edge and find out that there is no access to any pool unless you can get in or out using a ladder. Imagine cruising when you can’t even put your toes in the water? Imagine a ship designed only for abled- body cruisers? What were they thinking?

• Like 1

On 3/29/2019 at 12:19 AM, Knolmom said:

Wait until the seniors who love to use the Solarium pools book the Edge and find out that there is no access to any pool unless you can get in or out using a ladder. Imagine cruising when you can’t even put your toes in the water? Imagine a ship designed only for abled- body cruisers? What were they thinking?

Not sure what you are talking about..?

Both the Solarium pool and the outside pool have a single step to get into the water. There is a ledge which runs around the inside perimeter of both pools and also loungers that are partially submerged. Seniors should have no problem sitting or putting their toes in the water.

Those wishing to swim have to use the ladders to access the deeper water.

• Like 1

On 3/27/2019 at 5:27 PM, cruisestitch said:

Here we are on Eclipse spotting them out ahead of us and following as they swim along side the ship.  Watching from aft (Eden) as the ship pulls away from them will just never be the same 😢

So exciting!   Where was the ship sailing when you had your sightings?

We saw alot of dolphins near Cuba. 

Well,  I do not have an IV and would only book one of those if in much colder weather...do not cruise until the end of April, but I am excited and extremely happy to be onboard...and I love watching the sea and will be able to do that at anytime.  

Edited by Lastdance

2 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

Not sure what you are talking about..?

Both the Solarium pool and the outside pool have a single step to get into the water. There is a ledge which runs around the inside perimeter of both pools and also loungers that are partially submerged. Seniors should have no problem sitting or putting their toes in the water.

Those wishing to swim have to use the ladders to access the deeper water.

I think the Poster is referring to the 5-6 steps that you can walk into the pool on other ships.

Just reviewed my pics of the Edge outside pool. I spent a week at that pool. There is a single step to the ledge, so  you can get your toes wet. . Getting into those loungers is not something I see anyone with mobility issues navigating.   I was able to lower into the lounge, but think, if you cannot lower yourself to lay on the floor of your living room, and then get up, you will not be able to do this without help or embarrassment. and if you want to actually go in the pool, you need to go down the ladder. Also, to get to the pool level itself, there are a couple of steps, so not scooter or wheel chair friendly. But we need to remember, X did not build the EDGE for their loyal clientele, they built it to attract younger people who do not have the physical challenges their most seasoned guests have. Just my opinion.....

• Like 1

On 3/27/2019 at 7:38 PM, LuAnn said:

Based on no Sky Lounge and/or any forward looking space indoors as I understand it we won't be booking Edge...love spending time looking at the sea...that's a lot of the reason I cruise!!! 😉 🙂 LuAnn

Agree... I really missed the Sky Lounge. When I sailed on the EDGE sitting  and trying to have a drink at the Martini Bar Centrum area on the Edge just didnt measure up to the Sky Lounge and its ambience and views. Between this and  the IV's, aka  oceanview with a big sliding window, the Edge is not for me. But to each his own.....Now if I can sail on the Edge in even a Sky suite, that would be a dirfferent story, but suites of any kind are very rare for me.

6 hours ago, Magik Bee said:

Edge was seriously the best! MUCH better than what we almost chose years ago, the Norwegian Dawn!! I loved just sitting on our veranda, seriously. Whales and Dalphins are just gorgeous and so soul-giving!!

You're correct, whales and dolphins are gorgeous, too bad there isn't a Sky Lounge on the Edge so that many people can watch for them.

21 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Mobility impairment is not limited to the elderly. I had a 20-year-old colleague at work who needed a scooter. I had two students at university who were in wheelchairs.

You  are correct.  There are physically challenged people of all ages that might find the Edge difficult to navigate.

• Like 1