Laundry question

azalice

This is what the laundry slip looks like.  There isn’t much facility for requesting special washes or temperatures other than their normal wash temperature.  I’m not sure requesting a cold wash and gentle dry would work. They do recommend dry cleaning for anything that isn’t going to stand up to fairly vigorous washing and drying provided by their big commercial machines.

C40514A1-77D6-404B-9961-053B4866B907.jpeg

Edited by lisiamc

We generally only send clothes to the laundry that we would put in a general mixed wash at home.

Trousers, dresses, skirts if necessary we will put in for dry cleaning although usually we don’t bother, we will take enough stuff to last the cruise. 

Our ‘cruise clothes’ over the years have been modified to the point where they are non-creasing, light weight and if we do want to rinse an odd top out I can towel it and leave it on a hanger to dry overnight.

Look out for the ‘stuff in a bag’ offer mid cruise, much cheaper than the item by item list. This is available on many but not all cruises, ask your room attendant about it.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/27/2019 at 11:28 PM, emmas gran said:

We write "Cool Wash in the Special Instructions at the bottom of slip - it comes back OK even though a "perk"

We do the same; it usually works out quite well.  Also, I do things by hand to save space and to keep my gym clothes smelling good...

On 3/27/2019 at 9:22 PM, lisiamc said:

This is what the laundry slip looks like.  There isn’t much facility for requesting special washes or temperatures other than their normal wash temperature.  I’m not sure requesting a cold wash and gentle dry would work. They do recommend dry cleaning for anything that isn’t going to stand up to fairly vigorous washing and drying provided by their big commercial machines.

C40514A1-77D6-404B-9961-053B4866B907.jpeg

We left the Eclipse on April 17th following the third leg of a B2B2B.  The laundry slip pictured above is what we had for the March 10th and March 25th cruises.  However, on the April 8th cruise the slips changed to a different design.  On the new slips the passenger name, date, signature and stateroom number are at the top of the form, in addition to the service (regular or same day).  On the ones we saw there was no area for special instructions at all.  I have no idea if these slips are being introduced through the fleet, but suspect they are.  

15 minutes ago, azalice said:

What do you mean by “perk?” Is it available for anyone, any cabin? Or do you pay extra for the special instructions?

Elite, Elite + and Zenith Captain's Club loyalty levels offer some free laundry -- one bag per cruise for Elite, two bags for Elite+ and unlimited laundry for Zenith.  

As mentioned in the above post I saw a different style of laundry slip on the Eclipse several days ago.  There was no area for special instructions.  Since the ships are so concerned about MRSA I doubt few folks who asked for their laundry to be done in cold water actually had their request followed.

17 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

Since the ships are so concerned about MRSA I doubt few folks who asked for their laundry to be done in cold water actually had their request followed.

Correction:  the ships are not concerned about MRSA.  It's ecoli.  People rarely die from infections related to ecoli.  Most people die (or suffer loss of limbs if they get the 'flesh eating bacteria' type of MRSA.

Trust me - if MRSA were an issue on cruise ships, the entire industry would disappear.

You’d be best washing it yourself in the sink as I personally wouldn’t send anything out to be washed that I classed as delicate or didn’t want to be ruined. In other words, none of my clothes go in the wash bag and I take enough to last me through my vacation. Now my DH’s and the boys’ clothing is a different matter 🤣.