LIVE From the Royal Princess: 4/6/2019

HBCcruiser

I did notice that the Retreat Bar is not listed in the Day 1 Embarkation Patters, do you remember or do you know if the Retreat bar was open on boarding day ?

It was. I grabbed a drink there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, land lover said:

HBCcruiser make sure to try the Agnolotti Gratinati...survived eating that on a Majestic Cruise...Never have been big on Princess culinary choices...curious how many forks you would give it....

oh no really it was bad.......my eyes locked on that when I saw it and was like YES!!!

Called the Pub Lunch most ships have it once on 7 day sailings. On our recent Emerald sailing they had it twice on the 15 day cruise and the scotch egg was available yummy....

Have not seen that yet.

HBCcruiser make sure to try the Agnolotti Gratinati...survived eating that on a Majestic Cruise...Never have been big on Princess culinary choices...curious how many forks you would give it....

Really enjoying your "photo" live.
Keep on having a wonderful time and posting....

We are going to the Wine Makers dinner tonight so eating light. Perhaps later? 8fc0763d278f1e075d5506ade9a6cf48.jpg
Great salad! 9 out of 10 forks.

4 minutes ago, cruzrbachoua said:

oh no really it was bad.......my eyes locked on that when I saw it and was like YES!!!

We will have to try it together on our November cruise on Royal...

It is one of the best dishes I have ever had on Princess....the creme sauce is to die for....

Curious, what a real foodie like Ms. Hermosia Beach says.....😉

Our Majestic cruise had few MDR or specialty restaurant selections I cared for so Alfredos..was the go too..and that dish was satisfying in my book.

8 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

We are going to the Wine Makers dinner tonight so eating light. Perhaps later? 8fc0763d278f1e075d5506ade9a6cf48.jpg
Great salad! 9 out of 10 forks.

How I love presentation...enjoy your wine makers dinner....looking forward to the photos....

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, land lover said:

We will have to try it together on our November cruise on Royal...

It is one of the best dishes I have ever had on Princess....the creme sauce is to die for....

how big was it....was that all you ate or did you do that and a pizza?

13 minutes ago, land lover said:

Pretty small...maybe 4 pockets(ravioli size) and a 1/2 cup of sauce...but enough for me...

sweet...I can do that and a pizza on a day where I don't eat much breakfast or perhaps see that the MDR doesn't have much I am interested in. I will gorge on Alfredos!

1 hour ago, land lover said:

How I love presentation...enjoy your wine makers dinner....looking forward to the photos....

Thanks! Yeh we were turned down for the Chefs Lumiere Dinner - we were  not “Royalty” enough to make the cut.🤣🤣 Happy with Wine Makers though! 

D903C5EF-18AB-4012-A67C-741E885BC96E.jpeg

21 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

Thanks! Yeh we were turned down for the Chefs Lumiere Dinner - we were  not “Royalty” enough to make the cut.🤣🤣 Happy with Wine Makers though! 

D903C5EF-18AB-4012-A67C-741E885BC96E.jpeg

Hope you enjoy it as much as we do on every Royal-Class cruise which are only available on that class of ship.

While the Wine Cellar doesn’t have the CT Lumiere’s ring of lights we still enjoyed the location and the dining experience.

906CE91F-30E9-4065-BD91-BAC2EF290F85.jpeg

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 2

I would like to attend the Winemakers Dinner on my upcoming cruise in a few weeks, but was wondering if it is possible could you post tonights menu in the MDR for comparison?  And only if it's very convenient, I do not want to take away from your cruise!

5 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

NCL Haven courtyard balconies are similar. A little better but not by much. Aft suites deliver on balcony size but mom does not like to be aft. We are spending our time in the sanctuary anyway. We did not book the suite for the balcony. We booked for the amenities and room size. The room is really nice!

It is wonderful that you are happy with your Royal suite!  I agree...the room size and amenities (Sabatini’s for me!) are so worth it.  I must admit that aft suites on the older ships are my preference, for both the balcony size and the wake!  

May you continue to have a Bon Voyage! 😊

• Like 1

I would like to attend the Winemakers Dinner on my upcoming cruise in a few weeks, but was wondering if it is possible could you post tonights menu in the MDR for comparison?  And only if it's very convenient, I do not want to take away from your cruise!

168722264660a3c86666576212aa151a.jpg
This was the menu posted today outside Concerto.

7 hours ago, cruzrbachoua said:

The only one I see on page 10 is the embarkation one...I am looking for the at sea which is the 1st sea day but 2nd day aboard.....

I oostedxit on the April 13 roll call for them since they’re leaving next  postedit two days ago

I've very curious about The Sanctuary and what it looks like.  Hoping to spending all my days there in October.  Is it nicer than the old Sanctuary?  The old Sanctuary was lovely; I'm hoping the new Sanctuary is even nicer!  It makes me happy!

6 hours ago, jeeper2 said:

That suite balcony is shocking...even sad for a mini-suite or balcony cabin!

Funny, I never feel sad when I stay  in a full suite.  😏

I would feel sad if I were at home and not on a cruise, however. 

I've very curious about The Sanctuary and what it looks like.  Hoping to spending all my days there in October.  Is it nicer than the old Sanctuary?  The old Sanctuary was lovely; I'm hoping the new Sanctuary is even nicer!  It makes me happy!

I videoed it and will post on YT when home. It’s nice.

• Like 1