LIVE From the Royal Princess: 4/6/2019

HBCcruiser

You do not need "status" to sign up for these. Just need to sign up ASAP once on board.

That is correct. We had lots of B2Bers onboard as well as 2 wedding parties. By the time we signed up they were full. We were put on the waitlist. Loved the Wine Makers though! Marvin, our server, was great!
56a49a287e632bfb7550994190c65f66.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Georgie562 said:

I am going to guess Midnight?

since the Mermaids Tail bar closes at midnight.

I have seen the nets on the pools earlier than that.  the hot tubs may be open later...but I thought not long after dark did they pull the nets across the pools as I don't believe the pool was open for MUTS last time we were on only the hot tubs...on the Royal class ships they close the pools as they do that water show.

• Like 2

Thanks for all the info, HBC.  Looks like you are having a wonderful time. We will be on the Royal in July.  Do you have time to check out a cabin location for me?  We are currently booked in B621 (deluxe balcony, deck 11 (baja) mid-aft).  Our teenage kids are in B725 (interior aft).  Looks like prices dropped a little today and since I haven't made final payment yet I want to call and get a price adjustment.  But now it looks like B709  (aft, close to elevators) is available and I'm thinking about switching.  But I'm worried about proximity to elevators.  Can you scope it out for me and see if it looks like it would be a noisy location?  It would be closer to the kids which is a plus and it's only 11 square feet smaller than the deluxe balcony, but it's $271 cheaper.  Thanks!!!

Thanks for all the info, HBC.  Looks like you are having a wonderful time. We will be on the Royal in July.  Do you have time to check out a cabin location for me?  We are currently booked in B621 (deluxe balcony, deck 11 (baja) mid-aft).  Our teenage kids are in B725 (interior aft).  Looks like prices dropped a little today and since I haven't made final payment yet I want to call and get a price adjustment.  But now it looks like B709  (aft, close to elevators) is available and I'm thinking about switching.  But I'm worried about proximity to elevators.  Can you scope it out for me and see if it looks like it would be a noisy location?  It would be closer to the kids which is a plus and it's only 11 square feet smaller than the deluxe balcony, but it's $271 cheaper.  Thanks!!!

I’ll try. On our way to resort for the day

12 hours ago, habita said:

We have always enjoy the balcony dinners. Can they have them with such small balconies on the Royal?

We’ve enjoyed several UBDs on the Royal & Regal in addition to larger balconies (up to 9’x9’) on other Princess ships.

Royal-Class balconies are about 9’x4’ which is smaller than the 9’x5’ standard size balconies on their other ships. The table is at the railing no matter the size of the balcony so the difference is how much space is between the table & slider.  For us the Royal-Class standard balcony’s smaller size didn’t affect our enjoyment of the UBD & we’ll do another one soon on the Royal Princess.

• Like 1

Resort for the day is the Hyatt Ziva. Not worth it IMO due to difficulty finding lounge chairs by pool or together. I would have rather stayed on the ship. Beach is nice, though. 653282950379a4fa9ee5c503c203fbe1.jpg
c4ee14cf132648e6b4773e8db50a791b.jpgf978ed34cad26c1ff2d488bebbae822b.jpg

Pretty place just too crowded. Had the kept us to our original morning time and not moved as to the afternoon I think we would have gotten decent loungers. This is what we got:
eaa2a1932a80a54d9ac3b16d5f4a5c2d.jpg

Using a palm tree for shade. Chair hogs abound but can’t blame them.

Now I think it will be even more crowded next week as it is Semana Santa before Easter. Did you go to a resort in Mazatlan too? Do you have time to find out which one it is? I think the Cabo one is Casa Dorado.

Yes we did the Cabo one, Casa Dorado, before and it was nice. We went in the morning though and we were the only cruise ship in port.

33 minutes ago, cruzrbachoua said:

Is the Ziva the resort for Mazatlan or today in PV?  If PV is this done as the Las Caletas tour or something else?

Las Caletas is PV - it's sold as Las Calletas so you know what you are getting! We did it 2 weeks ago - it was amazing. Definitely worth the $$$ and I would do it again. The ocean was more rough than I thought it would be, so the kids ended up not doing the paddleboarding (but that was my choice - they certainly could have!)

Is the Ziva the resort for Mazatlan or today in PV?  If PV is this done as the Las Caletas tour or something else?

The Ziva yes. This was booked through Princess as the all inclusive resort.

4 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

Ok so we gave up and are ditching it back to the ship. Drinks were not as good as on Princess and mom needs shade. Just too crowded for us.

Well that's a bummer. You are in PV right? We are going to resorts because baby girl can't swim on ship pool. 

Would greatly appreciate if you can find out name of Mazatlan resort. 

Well that's a bummer. You are in PV right? We are going to resorts because baby girl can't swim on ship pool. 

Would greatly appreciate if you can find out name of Mazatlan resort. 

Yes in PV now. If you can go early it’s nice for babies. Kiddie pool. I’ll see what I can find out. The Cabo one was nice because the beach was calm. If you go to page one and click on my NCK Star review you’ll see it for yourself. This beach in PV too rough for baby.

15 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Las Caletas is PV - it's sold as Las Calletas so you know what you are getting! We did it 2 weeks ago - it was amazing. Definitely worth the $$$ and I would do it again. The ocean was more rough than I thought it would be, so the kids ended up not doing the paddleboarding (but that was my choice - they certainly could have!)

Great thanks.  We have never been so I wasn't sure if Las Calletas was the area and there were several resorts in the area. Only other thing I read about Las Calletas was that a poster said they were eaten alive from bugs...did you have any issue with bugs?  But am glad you are saying it is amazing and now cant wait to go!  Sadly I have to wait til November....boo