Complex Cocktail Cuestion

GoodScout

Have a question about getting my favorite cocktail while onboard next week. 

I have a personal favorite, called a French Sunrise. It consists of a shot of vodka, 1 oz St Germain liquor, and a splash of Prosecco, mixed with grapefruit juice. 

My questions: 

1) Can I get one while onboard?

2) With two shots and Prosecco, how would they handle the pricing? I have the premium package, which lists that it covers all three ingredients, so would there be any additional charge?

3) Which bars would be most likely to be able to handle mixing such a cocktail? Obviously I wouldn’t expect the Mast bar at the pool to pull it off, but I’d like to find a bar/bartender who could be familiar with it to be able to mix me one without repeated explanations. 

Any thoughts? 

Since it is a cocktail having 2 shots and the Prosecco should not be an issue with the beverage package. You don't say what ship you are on but I would bet the Ensemble Lounge, or Passport Bar could make it. Sunset bar is another option.

• Like 2

I would try the Ensemble lounge, passport or the sunset bar. Prosecco and vodka are under the premium and available at most bars. St Germain is used in signature cocktails in Blu, Murano and the MDR which I suspect all call out to the passport bar for their cocktails.

The other place would be Michaels Club if you are in a suite.

The odd thing about the packages is that it is not the quantity of spirits and liqures in a drink but the brands that determin the price point. 

two places I wouldn't ask however are the martini bar or the world class bar as bartenders at both seem to be tied to their respective menus where as bartenders at other bars always seem much keener to impress.

34 minutes ago, GoodScout said:

Very true about World Class Bar (sic). When I was on Equinox in November, asking them to deviate from their menu was like asking a possum to do differential calculus. 

Lol! We spent a LOT of time at the World Class, long story why, but we bonded with the bartenders to the point that when casual (not regulars) would walk up with card in hand, we would start shaking our heads - “no beer, no wine and no water!”. 

World Class is purely a showcase for the sponsoring liquors, so their menu is fixed, they really don’t have the normal choices. They also spend a lot of time prepping their garnishes, making the lemon twists and raspberry purées, etc. all fresh ingredients carefully measured and mixed, but you can’t get a gin and tonic.

Our bartenders had their own personal tools and Workd Class had special glasses. They didn’t like to do takeaways, because they had to search the ship for “their” glasses.