LIVE From The Flower Power Cruise: Peace, Love & Rock & Roll On The Infinity

vtcruising

40 minutes ago, George C said:

Peter Asher was also on last week, told some great stories about 60’s and 70’s music , also enjoyed his concert 

He is a class act!!

It was funny because Jason told us that the Rock and Romance cruise people were partiers and that the first day you guys drank $230,000 worth of booze. We were clapping and cheering for you and were so impressed until he told us that we had had $260,000 on our first day!!😀

We we tried to do our part!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Last week we were docked at Cozumel and had some great music at pool, rccl symphony of the seas was docked next to us they were dancing on there balconies to our music and cheering after each song. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Freestyle Cruiser said:

Your review is just amazing. You get a gold medal for your effort. 🏅

I am so enjoying the live music on the pool deck. It gives a great perspective of what the cruise is like. Love all the fabulous 60’s clothing. And the pedicure, how Groovy! 🌸🌺

It is hard to capture the cool vibe here but I will continue to try!

i must get to the pool for The Ides of March! Henry said they were amazing the first day.

Just had breakfast (at 1030). This is my view. Gotta love this life!!❤️

13FD72D6-7506-4AE0-BA69-A9E3F1E46C2A.thumb.jpeg.fca939f9c674520330e9d4dd80d75e51.jpeg 

• Like 3

I am so enjoying your report.  And we would love doing this cruise one of these years.

I''ll be interested to hear about The Yardbirds, my personal favorite 60's band (tied with The Beatles, of course!).

Shapes of Things, I'm a Man, Over, Under....  I could go on.  Can't wait to hear about them!

10 minutes ago, Muushka said:

I am so enjoying your report.  And we would love doing this cruise one of these years.

I''ll be interested to hear about The Yardbirds, my personal favorite 60's band (tied with The Beatles, of course!).

Shapes of Things, I'm a Man, Over, Under....  I could go on.  Can't wait to hear about them!

We are looking forward to seeing them too! I’ll report back!😀

48 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

It is hard to capture the cool vibe here but I will continue to try!

i must get to the pool for The Ides of March! Henry said they were amazing the first day.

Just had breakfast (at 1030). This is my view. Gotta love this life!!❤️

13FD72D6-7506-4AE0-BA69-A9E3F1E46C2A.thumb.jpeg.fca939f9c674520330e9d4dd80d75e51.jpeg 

Aw, the view of the wake is so relaxing 👣🧘🏼‍♀️

Hope the save those M class wood tables when the ship is retrofitted. They are the best!

• Like 2

We were on the 2nd annual Flower Power cruise and we are still talking about it!  What an absolutely WONDERFUL time we had (although it was an exhausting week going from venue to venue to see everyone).  We laugh now about rubbing shoulders (and elevators) with all the famous people we idolized in the 60's.  The celebs seemed to really enjoy being on the ship as well.

We'll definitely do another Flower Power cruise.  People complain about the price.....I remind them that the singers and bands are not there for free......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Diver2014 said:

We were on the 2nd annual Flower Power cruise and we are still talking about it!  What an absolutely WONDERFUL time we had (although it was an exhausting week going from venue to venue to see everyone).  We laugh now about rubbing shoulders (and elevators) with all the famous people we idolized in the 60's.  The celebs seemed to really enjoy being on the ship as well.

We'll definitely do another Flower Power cruise.  People complain about the price.....I remind them that the singers and bands are not there for free......

Yes, it is a special vibe! We ate lunch next to Micky Dolenz of the Monkees (my thing for a couple of years) every day in Sushi in 5 last year and he was a very nice, down-to-earth person (whose group sold more records than the Beatles one of the years they were popular). 🙂  it’s fun to have the performers at each other’s performances cheering louder than anyone!!

• Like 3

I'm loving your trip report.  I appreciate that you're writing so much as it sounds like a very busy cruise.  You are going to need another cruise for R&R after this one.  On the daily I see that Gary Puckett is playing at 6:30 for the Gold seating and Jefferson Starship is playing at 9:00 for the Silver seating.  Will they switch the next night so each seating gets to see both groups?  

1 hour ago, first mate said:

I'm loving your trip report.  I appreciate that you're writing so much as it sounds like a very busy cruise.  You are going to need another cruise for R&R after this one.  On the daily I see that Gary Puckett is playing at 6:30 for the Gold seating and Jefferson Starship is playing at 9:00 for the Silver seating.  Will they switch the next night so each seating gets to see both groups?  

Yes, we will see Jefferson Starship tonight and Silver will see Gary Puckett. We all see all shows. The Tommy James show is off the ship in San Juan at the Pan Am terminal right next to the ship. We all will see one show. 

Cant wait to see Jefferson Starship - the Silvers said they were amazing!!✌️

• Like 1

A great day so far!! I went to part of the Swami Satchidananda lecture. He was the one who started Woodstock with some 

words of peace and love and is said to have set the tone for a peaceful few days.

At the end we all said “Om” and felt more at peace.🙂

We then saw the Woodstock album cover couple talk. It was very cool to hear their story about how they met and their trek to Woodstock. They got married and have been married close to 50 years. They are very genuine people and it was so interesting to hear their tales.

55681A53-B128-4D67-9D94-D1FE81DADB69.thumb.jpeg.d7c6a7617d0801e36fbdb2ad3f129880.jpeg

OMG, I absolutely loved Chuck Negron with Three Dog Night at the pool today. I can’t even describe how good it was!!!! I will try to post some videos. The crowd went wild!! ❤️

• Like 1

"

Yes, we will see Jefferson Starship tonight and Silver will see Gary Puckett. We all see all shows. The Tommy James show is off the ship in San Juan at the Pan Am terminal right next to the ship. We all will see one show. 

I love Jefferson Starship!  I have a recording on our TV of a Starship concert in Los Angeles (looks like a studio setting)   and they interviewed the band.  Here's what Kathy had to say. Kathy (the female vocalist) said she grew up as a fan of Jefferson Airplane/Starship.  As far as Grace Slick being a female rock singer, she is up at the top, like royalty. She's the queen. The first time Kathy heard White Rabbit she said what is that?  It blew my mind.  She bought a vinyl record and played it over & over again.  Her mom knocked on her door to asked if she was OK.  She had to keep playing it 'cause it's too short.  

Kathy's first encounter with Grace was when she was on vacation in Maui and Grace was selling her art, as she paints now.  Walking down the street she saw the sign about the art signing and when she met Grace she was intimidated and it was an awkward encounter.

The following year Kathy went back with some friends who bought a painting.  She was doing the Love Janice Joplin show and friends introduced her to Grace and it was really weird.  She felt like she was talking to an older version of herself.  They talked about how you're just cut from the same cloth and fate brought her to this place and time. 

She's getting to know Grace a lot better and she's coming around. Since Paul Kanter passed away she's really stepped up to give us the blessing to keep going.  She gets choked up because Grace's music meant so much to Kathy and now she became the singer of her band.  They want to keep the music alive as it's still so great.  

Grace gets fan letters from people in their 20's that are so into the Airplane.  It doesn't matter what generation you are, the music just speaks to you, Kathy said.  

Enjoy the concert, wish I was there!

Edited by first mate
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, first mate said:

"

I love Jefferson Starship!  I have a recording on our TV of a Starship concert in Los Angeles (looks like a studio setting)   and they interviewed the band.  Here's what Kathy had to say. Kathy (the female vocalist) said she grew up as a fan of Jefferson Airplane/Starship.  As far as Grace Slick being a female rock singer, she is up at the top, like royalty. She's the queen. The first time Kathy heard White Rabbit she said what is that?  It blew my mind.  She bought a vinyl record and played it over & over again.  Her mom knocked on her door to asked if she was OK.  She had to keep playing it 'cause it's too short.  

Kathy's first encounter with Grace was when she was on vacation in Maui and Grace was selling her art, as she paints now.  Walking down the street she saw the sign about the art signing and when she met Grace she was intimidated and it was an awkward encounter.

The following year Kathy went back with some friends who bought a painting.  She was doing the Love Janice Joplin show and friends introduced her to Grace and it was really weird.  She felt like she was talking to an older version of herself.  They talked about how you're just cut from the same cloth and fate brought her to this place and time. 

She's getting to know Grace a lot better and she's coming around. Since Paul Kanter passed away she's really stepped up to give us the blessing to keep going.  She gets choked up because Grace's music meant so much to Kathy and now she became the singer of her band.  They want to keep the music alive as it's still so great.  

Grace gets fan letters from people in their 20's that are so into the Airplane.  It doesn't matter what generation you are, the music just speaks to you, Kathy said.  

Enjoy the concert, wish I was there!

Thanks for that background. The concert was sooooooo gooooood!! OMG, absolutely amazing!! I’ll try to attach a clip but if it doesn’t upload I’ll try in Cafe al Bacio tomorrow. David Freiburg is 85!! He still has a wonderful voice. Cathy Richardson was superb! White Rabbit did not disappoint. The drummer Donny Baldwin and Jude Gold, the guitarist were also excellent. They received several standing O’s. 

A89761B1-27A4-456F-AAAD-5FCDAED99B28.thumb.jpeg.c21bd8d62f29b9f954aef9dbf1571643.jpeg

0C1986D4-BEEE-4F2D-9EBB-7E3B9A50535D.thumb.jpeg.9a88ee8a3302f33a205c1fdd66a6450b.jpeg

Will try  to send video tomorrow. 😀

• Like 1

Wow, I didn't realize David F was 85!  Amazing his voice still sounds so good.  I'm so happy it was an amazing concert. I look forward to hearing the clip tomorrow if it uploads.  The internet connection on the Edge was great, I could get used to that.  Wish it was on every ship.  

7 hours ago, first mate said:

Wow, I didn't realize David F was 85!  Amazing his voice still sounds so good.  I'm so happy it was an amazing concert. I look forward to hearing the clip tomorrow if it uploads.  The internet connection on the Edge was great, I could get used to that.  Wish it was on every ship.  

I agree - I was spoiled with the internet on the Edge. Oh well it gives me an excuse to get up early and go to Cafe al Bacio and have tea and croissants while posting. Jenifer is fabulous here and gets me my order without asking and I get the best chair at the window. 🙂

I thought Cathy was joking at first when she said 85 - I know he is at least 80 because they talked about him being an octogenarian. His wife came out and sang a Quick Silver song with him because they used to both be in that band. It rocked!

• Like 1

We went to Le Petit Chef last night and had a wonderful time! We have done LPC twice on the Edge and enjoyed it but wouldn’t rave about it. I decided to book it on this ship because it had the original menu.

The original menu is soooooo much better, IMO. The bouillabaisse was very good - more depth of flavor than I expected. The lobster was actually the best I have had on a ship or maybe any restaurant. We are usually MIne lobster purists and just have melted butter but the garlic sauce was unbelievably delicious. The steak was good but a bit over cooked (hard to bring out 40 perfectly cooked steaks at once I guess. The hot fudge sundae was a perfect dessert. 

The show part was much better than the Edge show too. I have seen much of it online but still giggled along with the rest. We brought our friends who had never heard of LPC and they were enchanted and loved the dinner! We may go back just to have that bouillabaisse and lobster again!!😀

1F82D4A2-85ED-4F80-933D-462533F16340.thumb.jpeg.0b6e6a1857eb08cec6d19a41995decc7.jpeg

044A8C1D-FB47-4D87-8BCA-562E328DB595.thumb.jpeg.3d91c5da72f77f1d083798cca8be628e.jpeg1FF56CAC-30BE-46DA-8268-3C293BA2D2C4.thumb.jpeg.d3a99a03c89ab71e44bc2b4ec7a94c1c.jpeg0EA5788F-F03D-4EFF-9B14-4F67E0274A9E.thumb.jpeg.c87520f2114aa0c6ecb3e020555964a8.jpeg

I just checked the St Maarten webcam and there are only 3 ships in port.  That's a slow day....most of the time when we are there the port is packed.  Will you get off the ship or does that mean missing out on too much Flower Power fun?

Thanks for the clips.

2 hours ago, first mate said:

I just checked the St Maarten webcam and there are only 3 ships in port.  That's a slow day....most of the time when we are there the port is packed.  Will you get off the ship or does that mean missing out on too much Flower Power fun?

Thanks for the clips.

We are staying onboard and enjoying the peace and quiet. I got one of the padded loungers above the pool and laid in the gorgeous sun with Lighter Shade of  Pale playing, with a Beach Boy close by at the bar (I think, though my DH has been mistaken for performers on this cruise, with his gray hair, beard and mustache -they all look alike - they want his autograph 😉).

Cheech and Chong are in the house- just saw that they signed the Woodstock Message Tree (see heart and writing in red). Now they are people I would love to hang out at the bar with!!

03B6FAC7-5572-439A-978E-0FCD384728C5.thumb.jpeg.e33bee030ea8fd82524977b5b1c3d0c2.jpeg

There is a ton of equipment ready to set up by the pool:

302200B4-46A3-45D7-A74B-2E10235EC799.thumb.jpeg.f2746b16eb3e6f335ada5d51135b121a.jpeg4AB326D5-203B-4D96-97B9-F497223E7EB5.thumb.jpeg.bca6d83880a1085587897b2339babe92.jpeg

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 1