LIVE From The Flower Power Cruise: Peace, Love & Rock & Roll On The Infinity

vtcruising

2 hours ago, vtcruising said:

We did have brownies with our gelato yesterday! Maybe that’s why we were in the buffet at 130 AM!! Best pizza ever! 😉

i forgot to tell you that Susan and Paul Cowsill (from the Cowsills who the Partridge Family was modeled after) were up in the buffet with us. Sooooo much fun - I had had an interesting elevator ride with Paul Cowsill earlier - so crowded that I was in his armpit. We are good friends now.😀

Having a blast today- lots of Chech and Chong- related activities along with the sweet sweet music. I have laughed so hard and sang so loud that I’m getting hoarse!! The Cowsills just performed at the pool and were fantastic!!!!! I am now waiting for the Cheech and Chong Q& A - this is going to be interesting...... maybe they will have some brownies for us.😉

I did talk to StarVista about a job - maybe some day??!!

Weather is phenomenal and we are so tanned and happy. I left my hair straightening iron in the refrig at the hotel (don’t ask why) so my hair is quite curly and unruly. With the tie dye and denim, life is wonderfully carefree!!😀❤️🌈 

I love it! Paul Cowsill's armpit, your wild, curly hair, brownies, frosty cocktails, with Cheech and Chong, and I'm imagining all of you singing, "roll me another one, just like the other one...." while waving the rolling paper from Big Bambu lol. Not -ahem - that I would know anything about that wink wink....

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, George C said:

Need to book with starvista cruises and they sell out quickly 

George C, I hope Marilyn will forgive me for hijacking her thread long enough to ask you the age range on the Rock & Romance cruises. I feel as though DH & I straddle the two eras - musically, at least - and it's tough to choose only one. Thanks, Michelle

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

George C, I hope Marilyn will forgive me for hijacking her thread long enough to ask you the age range on the Rock & Romance cruises. I feel as though DH & I straddle the two eras - musically, at least - and it's tough to choose only one. Thanks, Michelle

Ages are really mixed but I would think about 60 as average, I much rather have done flower power since I am close to 70 but wife is in her 50’s and just loved everything about rock and romance, we would have done both but really love celebrity suite perks and could not get a suite for flower power. Lineup changes each year , looking forward to seeing America again. You cannot go wrong with either. But book ASAP since both will sell out. 

Rock and romance for 2020 went on sail to general public today and suites are sold out . Flower power will go on sale in about a week

Edited by George C

Just now, George C said:

Ages are really mixed but I would think about 60 as average, I much rather have done flower power since I am close to 70 but wife is in her 50’s and just loved everything about rock and romance, we would have done both but really love celebrity suite perks and could not get a suite for flower power. Lineup changes each year , looking forward to seeing America again. You cannot go wrong with either. But book ASAP since both will sell out. 

The photos from both look like a nice age range. We're closer to your wife's age, but I have favorite bands from both eras. America puts on a great show! I saw them with Steve Stills in the 80's. Thanks for the advice. I'm trying to see if we can fit it into our work schedules😉

3 hours ago, Silkroad said:

I love it! Paul Cowsill's armpit, your wild, curly hair, brownies, frosty cocktails, with Cheech and Chong, and I'm imagining all of you singing, "roll me another one, just like the other one...." while waving the rolling paper from Big Bambu lol. Not -ahem - that I would know anything about that wink wink....

That about sums it up! 😉

• Haha 1

Fernando the Blu sommelier was naughty again and kept the wine flowing at dinner. We had a very delicious and fun dinner. I’m going to have to continue my report tomorrow. 

A couple of fun facts:

Cheech and Chong both have very intelligent, beautiful, kind wives ( both were judges on the Gong Show Talent Show today). Cheech’s wife has a PhD.

Do you remember when I raved about Chuck Negron from Three Dog Night ? I found out today that he is on oxygen and when he did that wonderful concert he had the oxygen tubing running down the back of his shirt.

Tommy James sort of collapsed last night at the end of the concert and needed an ambulance call. They rehydrated him and he was good to go.

Just a little FPC gossip....🙂

• Like 2

I’m liking Fernando’s style🍷 

Props to Chuck Negron and Tommy James for giving great performances under pressure. I hope they’re OK. Cheech and Chong are favorites of mine. I’m glad they have such lovely wives. It’s so cool to feel your joy coming through in your posts. Thanks for sharing your wonderful adventure with us🌺

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Silkroad said:

I’m liking Fernando’s style🍷 

Props to Chuck Negron and Tommy James for giving great performances under pressure. I hope they’re OK. Cheech and Chong are favorites of mine. I’m glad they have such lovely wives. It’s so cool to feel your joy coming through in your posts. Thanks for sharing your wonderful adventure with us🌺

Yes, Fernando is a hoot! He is doing a private (not sure how private , though it is not advertised) wine pairing today and invited us to join. We may do it soon since he is a fun guy. It is at 1230 so we would miss a Cheech and Chong event. Difficult choices... 😉

It is amazing how Chuck can still belt it out, even on oxygen (he remains one of my favorites here) and Tommy still has the moves. We are so happy that we are getting to enjoy them while they can still perform.

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 1

The last 2 days have been so amazing, but with spotty internet I haven’t been able to post as much as I would like. I know where all the routers are now. 😉. My favorite Cafe al Bacio spot is right across from one and I am enjoying my morning tea. Had a nice talk with Jenifer - I told her all about the Edge and she loved hearing about Mr Edge and all the fun we had.

My DH is still in bed - he had another late night (I had a Fernando night). I saw that his pillow chocolate was melted onto his back so must have just fallen into bed exhausted. 😀

Another big day of fun:

FC76C972-2E69-40EA-9CEF-E0067456DB81.thumb.jpeg.14ddf34a71ed797f3b84fa1a77ec5b89.jpeg

Spa specials though we won’t have time for that!

72436B3B-FDDD-401C-A3F5-F22B79B24E4F.thumb.jpeg.98908ce081f3df08cf770f9149b00239.jpeg

• Haha 1

One of my favorite events was the Peter Asher acoustics show. It was at midnight and went until 1:15 AM Wed night. It was well worth staying up. He chose a Carole King theme and had people from various bands sing Carole King songs. It was totally amazing. There is so much talent on this ship!! 

Cara Lee is a tribute singer and does Cher, Janice Joplin- her rendition of Carole Kings You Make Me Feel Like  Natural Woman brought the house down. Wow!! Susan Cowsill and Peter Asher did a duet with You’ve Got a Friend - it was so beautiful. Peter Asher was Carole King’s and James Taylor’s manager at one point so had tons of great stories about Carole and James. 

• Like 3

We had a touching situation yesterday. Our friends onboard (met them on FPC last year) were so happy last night. The wife was the number one Cowsills fan when she was 8 and actually spent quite a bit of time with the family because of that and became friends with Susan, who was the same age.  She maintained contact with the family through the years and then lost contact later on. Last year the Cowsills were onboard the FPC and didn’t say anything to her when she went to say hi. She was hurt, though I wondered if they just didn’t recognize her. Yesterday, her DH went up to Susan Cowsill and said that his wife, so and so, was here. She saw her and stopped her signing and ran over and hugged her for 5 minutes. They both cried and then reconnected yesterday. They spent the day with the Cowsills and had a great day. Happy for her and glad she made peace with the Cowsills. And all I got was Paul Cowsill’s armpit, but that was enough. 😉

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

WOW, this cruise has been AMAZING.  I can not even imagine what it is like being a part of this.  Thank you so much for taking us along!

I am so glad we rebooked. It feels like we are one big happy family here. 🌷❤️😎

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, vtcruising said:

My DH is still in bed - he had another late night (I had a Fernando night). I saw that his pillow chocolate was melted onto his back so must have just fallen into bed exhausted. 😀

I love this! At least it wasn't melted into his hair😂 Should we ever meet, I'll tell you the story of an all night party in the Santa Cruz mountains, a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup, and someone who looked remarkably like me, but still had very long hair😉 I'm sooo thankful my teens & 20's weren't documented with constant photos & video🤣 

So what did you decide? Cheech & Chong or Fernando's private wine tasting? Have you seen the Mamas and Papas? I can't imagine anyone doing Cass Elliot's part justice. 

7 hours ago, Silkroad said:

I love this! At least it wasn't melted into his hair😂 Should we ever meet, I'll tell you the story of an all night party in the Santa Cruz mountains, a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup, and someone who looked remarkably like me, but still had very long hair😉 I'm sooo thankful my teens & 20's weren't documented with constant photos & video🤣 

So what did you decide? Cheech & Chong or Fernando's private wine tasting? Have you seen the Mamas and Papas? I can't imagine anyone doing Cass Elliot's part justice. 

Can’t wait to hear the Peanut Butter Cup story!!

We ended up not doing the wine tasting not the Cheech and Chong Q&A. We had been to their interview yesterday and it was hilarious. The show tonight was soooooo funny. It was NOT PG 13. They warmed us over the intercom this morning. Apparently it was too much for some of the Silvers last night. We loved the show - it was raunchy but so funny. The 4 of us giggled all through dinner at Blu. Henry recalled one of the jokes and Fernando cane around the corner giggling and saying “I heard that!” Naughty Fernando!! Not sure how many glasses of wine he snuck in this time but by the time we went to the Blues Brorhwrs we laughed so hard we cried. They were so good. 😀

What a great day! I didn’t even talk about Famuly Stone yet - whoa, what a blast. I could barely move after that concert. It was such fun!! A great band and wonderful vocalists - Sly’s daughter is a lead vocalist and has a powerful voice.  There was such joy in the crowd. I didn’t want it to end!!

More tomorrow as we head home. 😞 it is so hard to leave, but if I stay Fernando will kill me with his bottomless wine glasses.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2