LIVE From The Flower Power Cruise: Peace, Love & Rock & Roll On The Infinity

vtcruising

3 minutes ago, first mate said:

When you go to dinner, are your wearing "regular" cruise wear or Flower Power clothes?  Is this cruise more casual than a non-charter caribbean cruise?

We usually are dressed like we normally do for an X cruise, but many are in their FPC clothes. Met these characters last night  - it was 60’s TV character night:

144D4497-E626-4998-9633-844B481C272F.thumb.jpeg.25618e0296687a31bb271295912ef7f8.jpeg

• Like 2

VT:. I am following this closely, and enjoying all the pics! 

I've registered on the website, and am eagerly awaiting 4/11 when 2020 goes on sale.  Were you able to choose your own cabin?  Was there much availablity?  We're onboard Eclipse next week, so I'll be trying to book this via ship internet. Any advice would be appreciated!

Also, did you opt for the trip protection?  This is really spendy to be non-refundable!

51 minutes ago, julia said:

VT:. I am following this closely, and enjoying all the pics! 

I've registered on the website, and am eagerly awaiting 4/11 when 2020 goes on sale.  Were you able to choose your own cabin?  Was there much availablity?  We're onboard Eclipse next week, so I'll be trying to book this via ship internet. Any advice would be appreciated!

Also, did you opt for the trip protection?  This is really spendy to be non-refundable!

There may be a choice of cabins - we booked immediately after the cruise last year (Mon morning after Sat debarkation) and had some choice. They have said the waiting list is long. I asked if they had thought about going to a bigger ship, but they prefer to keep it this size - the theaters have to hold half the guests for each seating and she said the newer, bigger ships don’t usually have a big enough theater. They also think it is better with fewer people.

I would get the internet up and running and be ready to book when it opens. They will go fast! Know what you want for a cabin and then go for it - I wouldn’t waste time trying to choose the best cabin - we are rarely in our cabin this year!! It’s too much fun out there to miss anything. 😀

We ended up rebooking today- we just couldn’t bear to not go next year!  My DH got it last year for me for my bday (and Xmas for the next 2 years) - I guess this is for my 2021 and 2022 bdays. 😉

Good luck! If you don’t get in they will send a list of cabins that become available every Tues  at 8 PM. Again you need to be logged in and ready to grab one (and complete booking quickly). They told me that they are usually gone within a few minutes. 

Yes, we always get the insurance for peace of mind.

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 1

Mike Love and Bruce Johnston interview was very interesting and they are funny guys. I think I liked the story about Good Vibrations best - a Brian Wilson melody with Mike Love’s lyrics written in the car on the way to the studio (it was about his soon to be ex wife). A song ahead of its time. 😎

Off to the concert!!

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, George C said:

We were back to back with flower power last year and could have bought before it went on sale to public , all suites were already gone. 

We just got a call tonight and were able to upgrade to a Sky Suite for next years FPC - 6132 - one of our 4 top choices! 

Beach Boys were phenomenal!! More tomorrow!

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

We just got a call tonight and were able to upgrade to a Sky Suite for next years FPC - 6132 - one of our 4 top choices! 

Just love the suite perks , food in luminae and service made it worth every penny. Also just loved service in micheals they were great if you asked for wine or liquor that they did not have they would try to get it . Only reason we did not book flower power this year was because we could not get a suite . 

36 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Congratulations on your suite upgrade😊

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, vtcruising said:

How exciting!!  Party is on your huuuge balcony!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, George C said:

Just love the suite perks , food in luminae and service made it worth every penny. Also just loved service in micheals they were great if you asked for wine or liquor that they did not have they would try to get it . Only reason we did not book flower power this year was because we could not get a suite . 

We were in a Celebrity Suite for the first FPC and did enjoy it. We skipped a year and then have just been on a waitlist for a Sky. 

We talked to the head booking person for quite a while yesterday.  It is quite a process. People put their names in  and I gave them 6145, 6146, 6131, 6132 as first choice but would take any SS. At 5 yesterday she went through all the empty cabins and matches  us up, if possible. We had a message when we returned last night.

We are thrilled to be in the Sky Suite (has one of the bigger balconies). The cost difference is about the same as the beverage packages that we will forego and  look forward to Luminae and MC again.

We would be happy in our same cabin too. It is a great spot. I was spoiled by the Edge’s larger bathroom  and the wonderful deep drawers though - the storage is just not as good (except for the closet) - other than that the cabin is fine. 🙂

• Like 1

Mike Love is 78 and still has a pretty good voice. He did a beautiful tribute to George Harrison - he went to India when the Beatles were there and spent a lot of time with George - he wrote a beautiful song for him and sang that. 

Bruce Johnston was also very good singing and on the keyboard.  They have a couple of younger guys that do the higher parts that make the band hauntingly right on - if you close your eyes, they sound the same. Those two guys have gorgeous voices.  My favorites are Wouldn’t it Be Nice and I always get teary for In My Room - they were both exceptionally done!!

The electric guitar player was out of this world. The drummer was one of the Cowsill brothers and put on a great show. They brought the remaining Cowsills out at one point and they did Indian Lake, bringing everyone to their feet. It was pure joy in that room!! That’s what this experience is all about. 😀

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 1

We had dinner in Blu and Fernando, the sommelier, was naughty and refilled my Decoy Cab a couple of times when I wasn’t looking because after dinner, I was ready for bed. The DH went out to see the Cowsills concert by the pool and the late night British Invasion concert. I think he came back at 1:30 again - I remember him coming back with a big smile on his face and humming some tunes. Life is good on the Flower Power Cruise!!!😎

• Like 3