CRUISE REMOVED

kentlady

We have recently returned from our Reflection cruise and whilst onboard tried to book two more cruises, the one for January 2021 was no problem and that was quickly sorted however  the one we wanted book for ourselves and our family on the Equinox for October next year wasn’t letting her get a price and she explained that they were doing an inventory and that once we got home it should be cleared for bookings. We contacted our TA who was also unable to access the cruise and it was only after her making a few calls to Celebrity she was informed that it was no longer available as it had been chartered. Whilst I appreciate that charters guarantee the cruise line a certain revenue from a loyal cruisers point of view I find it extremely frustrating to find an itinerary and a date had that suited us all only to have that cruise withdrawn.

Whole ship charters seem (in my opinion) to be becoming more common so I guess more and more passengers will have the same experience as you. Better to find out at your stage of the booking process than to be contacted by your cruise line to say that your previously confirmed booking is being pulled !!

13 minutes ago, kentlady said:

We have recently returned from our Reflection cruise and whilst onboard tried to book two more cruises, the one for January 2021 was no problem and that was quickly sorted however  the one we wanted book for ourselves and our family on the Equinox for October next year wasn’t letting her get a price and she explained that they were doing an inventory and that once we got home it should be cleared for bookings. We contacted our TA who was also unable to access the cruise and it was only after her making a few calls to Celebrity she was informed that it was no longer available as it had been chartered. Whilst I appreciate that charters guarantee the cruise line a certain revenue from a loyal cruisers point of view I find it extremely frustrating to find an itinerary and a date had that suited us all only to have that cruise withdrawn.

this is common with all cruise lines and it won't change

51 minutes ago, kentlady said:

The main thing is you were not already booked, it’s happened before where people had their annual leave confirmed from work and had some real problems. My wife and I both have to confirm our annual leave dates up to a year in advance for our main holiday and they can’t be changed.

At least you didn’t book then get cancelled by the cruise line after you made all your travel arrangements.   Unfortunately that happened to us (our group of 14) was cancelled when the Gronkowski’s chartered our entire ship on NCL.   WE already made flight reservations and booked private excursions, hotels etc.  it was a nightmare to sort it all out  NCL offered us a whopping $200 future cruise credit for the “inconvenience “

Ive also had a similar situation with Celebrity.  I was told if the ship is not at least 25 percent booked, it could be chartered.  

By the way, the weather turned out to be absolutely horrible in that part of the Caribbean during the week of our cancelled/chartered cruise. In the end, we were thankful that we were cancelled 😎 our rescheduled week was perfect!

You’re one of the fortunate ones that actually hadn’t booked a single item, including the cruise. Many times pax have the inconvenience of trying to reschedule flights, hotels etc. as well as another cruise. X often charter their ships. A couple of years ago, a couple of ships (think it was Summit and Infinity) were chartered for months at a time. And before Equinox went to year-round Caribbean sailings, she was chartered annually in the summer in the Med.

You should be able to find another sailing at this time.   Perhaps you could look at sisters ships or those on the Azamara line.   Your benefits carry over to them and they have good itineraries.    Suite vs suite with Celebrity, we find the service and food on Azamara to be much better than Celebrity.   Pricing is equivalent r less for a suite.

10 hours ago, kentlady said:

We have recently returned from our Reflection cruise and whilst onboard tried to book two more cruises, the one for January 2021 was no problem and that was quickly sorted however  the one we wanted book for ourselves and our family on the Equinox for October next year wasn’t letting her get a price and she explained that they were doing an inventory and that once we got home it should be cleared for bookings......

That is the magic word -- inventory.

Whenever a cruise has not been available for booking and the explanation given was that they were doing an inventory, it always turned out that there was some kind of major change occurring.

We are booked on the Reflection Jan 31st.  Been checking the website often to see if there were any price drops.

Yesterday and today Celebrity shows only OV and Inside cabins available.

Doubtful they filled all the verandas/suites etc. in 2 days.

Any ideas on what's going on for this cruise?

Traveling with another couple and we already have air/hotel reservations. 

TWICE within a 6 month period Celebrity cancelled a cruise we had BOOKED and deposit PAID.... good luck.  They really screw you.  Both were a Back to back to Back booking.  The first was the middle cruise of 3 which was HORRIBLE.  The second was the first cruise of 3.  When you fly half way across the country being told well, sorry, here is a cruise in June and oh, Sept. we will book as a replacement really does not cut it.

4 hours ago, BridgeMates said:

We are booked on the Reflection Jan 31st.  Been checking the website often to see if there were any price drops.

Yesterday and today Celebrity shows only OV and Inside cabins available.

Doubtful they filled all the verandas/suites etc. in 2 days.

Any ideas on what's going on for this cruise?

Traveling with another couple and we already have air/hotel reservations. 

The verandas and suites have been totally booked for quite awhile now.  We have an Aqua class booked but I always check to see if a suite is available. 

Will try posting again.  I just found a site where you can see a list of chartered cruise lines thru Feb 2020.  Go to cruisetimetables.com

Jan 31, 2020 is not on the list.  Just a busy cruise time and good deal.

Edited by cheeseclan

2 hours ago, cheeseclan said:

Will try posting again.  I just found a site where you can see a list of chartered cruise lines thru Feb 2020.  Go to cruisetimetables.com

Jan 31, 2020 is not on the list.  Just a busy cruise time and good deal.

Hope you're right! 

On 3/31/2019 at 12:07 AM, Moneyscruise said:

I'm booked for Infinity June 14-20, 2020 from Venice to Rome. It has disappeared from the website also.  Wondering if it has been chartered or possibly the Infinity revolution moved up to June?  Anyone have any ideas?

we are booked on the sailing prior to yours and its gone too!!  My booking is still showing on my celebrity page...but....i'm scared now!!!