YC Drinks - is “all drinks” really “everything” ??

Winchester Ranger

4 hours ago, hamrag said:

And for the 23 nighter, if the 1st answer is 'no' then we both know the secret is to try again, and again....until the answer moves to a satisfactory 'yes'! That is what our, so called, PM keeps trying in the House of Commons....I sincerely hope you are more successful in your quest!

So ... the answer wasn't "No", it was £1702!  😱  Now, apart from the fact that I was quoted a Sterling price (which I should have been quoted in Euros), they want £37 pppd when it's only €16/$17 in the difference in price between the two packages.

Now ... I also received an answer from the TA for our 7 night cruise.  The quote was €224 in total for 2 people - this is correct!:classic_biggrin:

(€16 x 2 x 7).  More confirmation that it's regarded that the Premium package is included in YC bookings.  Here's the wording from the TA:

MSC Cruises told us today, that the additional charge for the upgrade from 
the All Inclusive Beverage Package Premium to the All Inclusive Beverage 
Package Premium Plus is 224 Euro for 2 adults (subject to changes).

1 hour ago, hamrag said:

One thing we did find annoying was that on both gala nights they were automatically offering prosecco when seated in the restaurant, as an aperitif. We asked for NF instead, but honestly felt that should have been offered! That said, prosecco is an italian drink, and champagne french!

As I've said, G, they seem to want to keep it a secret that champagne is included.

I've instructed the TA to go ahead and upgrade our package so I'll be drinking Moet like it's going out of fashion on our next cruise (even DH has said "Oh, I'll be having some, myself"!  He's become partial to it from receiving a complimentary bottle to our cabin on a number of our cruises).

1 hour ago, hamrag said:

Sverige, we have had this conversation many times before so I repeat that yes it should be and was included in both our recent (only) YC voyages! This included at the restaurant, upon request, as well as other YC and non-YC venues on the ship.

I know we had this conversation before my cruise.

Now after the cruise I can say that fact is that I couldn't get Champagne in the Top Sail Lounge for "free" the first days of our cruise. Maybe it was included but since the people working there said no I still couldn't get it.

1 hour ago, hamrag said:

One thing we did find annoying was that on both gala nights they were automatically offering prosecco when seated in the restaurant, as an aperitif. We asked for NF instead, but honestly felt that should have been offered! That said, prosecco is an italian drink, and champagne french!

On Meraviglia in July 2017 we were offered prosecco in the Yacht Club restaurant every day. On Divina in February they never asked if we wanted prosecco when seated in LeMuse. I saw other drink it and if we really wanted it I could have asked for it but I never did. The first two nights we brought Champagne from Divina bar, where it was included from the first day, to LeMuse. 

Edited by sverigecruiser

Searched and couln't find - is there a link to the included liquor list on the Seaside YC?  Specifically, looking at scotch that is included in the "all in" package that came with the booking made in December to see if a package upgrade is needed.

4 minutes ago, Beachin2 said:

Searched and couln't find - is there a link to the included liquor list on the Seaside YC?  Specifically, looking at scotch that is included in the "all in" package that came with the booking made in December to see if a package upgrade is needed.

cfac887979a690200511286b0fd2c24a.jpg

The Premium Selection is included, Connoiseurs Selection is not. Photo courtesy of Beamafar, not mine...thanks Bea, copyright fee on its way to you!

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, hamrag said:

cfac887979a690200511286b0fd2c24a.jpg

The Premium Selection is included, Connoiseurs Selection is not. 

I was just checking out the menus from Med cruises (I seem to only have the ones from 2017).  The top whisky in CS is the Macallan - looks like Prem+ has better offerings on US-based ones.

2 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

I was just checking out the menus from Med cruises (I seem to only have the ones from 2017).  The top whisky in CS is the Macallan - looks like Prem+ has better offerings on US-based ones.

Interestingly, on Preziosa and Meraviglia, the Macallan Select Oak is def included in YC and other bars with your YC card. That is one of the low end CS drinks I have referred often to as being available for YC.

4 minutes ago, Norwegian Cruiser 73 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong here, so if you upgrade from the Premium Package which is included in the YC, to the Premium plus package the Connoisseurs Selection plus Gelato is included? 

Gelato is not included in any of the new drinks packages, NC - not even the Prem+.  It should, however, be 'grandfathered' in for you as you booked before the changes.  I don't know if the same will apply to us as we've upgraded.

It'll be interesting to see if the Venchi items are included for YC on Seaview.

Edited by Beamafar
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for the picture/info.  Scotch selection is +/- OK, not worth spending the upgrade $ for.  Sad to see that Tito's isn't on the vodka list.  Know we will somehow manage to suffer through it though.

1 hour ago, Beamafar said:

Gelato is not included in any of the new drinks packages, NC - not even the Prem+.  It should, however, be 'grandfathered' in for you as you booked before the changes.  I don't know if the same will apply to us as we've upgraded.

At least we will get Venchi Gelato for free on the YC pooldeck every day ☀️ 

6 minutes ago, Norwegian Cruiser 73 said:

At least we will get Venchi Gelato for free on the YC pooldeck every day ☀️ 

Were Venchi items and drinks included last year when you were on Seaview, NC?  I've read about the chocolate martini (No. 2?) that YC guests have enjoyed on Seaside.

NF was certainly included in YC in the past.  Indeed, no oranges were harmed for mimosa purposes, and I was fuelled from morn' to eve on NF.

I'm booked in YC for November, and such from before the changes.  I've read numerous comments on the changes, and will certainly print out a few copies of our booking for discussion purposes with the Bar Manager,

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Beachin2 said:

Thank you for the picture/info.  Scotch selection is +/- OK, not worth spending the upgrade $ for.  Sad to see that Tito's isn't on the vodka list.  Know we will somehow manage to suffer through it though.

In the YC on the Divina, the Single Malt selection was very disappointing.   What they had was OK, but in the YC we expected a bigger selection.   What was impressive was the Vodka selection which included quite a few decent brands.  But no, we did not see Tito although DW and I were delighted to see Belvedere which is a Vodka we both like in some vodka martinis...because we think it gives a very smooth clean finish.  Not my choice for drinking straight Vodka....but terrific for mixing.

When it comes to Scotch, there is a huge variety of products.  But what was lacking in the YC were any of the Islay Scotches (very peaty) which are prized by a segment of single malt lovers.

Hank

4 hours ago, Beamafar said:

I was told last July that gelato and crepes were not included.  They were.   Not a problem at all.  Bet they are included this July.   A lot has to do with how you request them

9 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Were Venchi items and drinks included last year when you were on Seaview, NC?  I've read about the chocolate martini (No. 2?) that YC guests have enjoyed on Seaside.

Venchi Gelato was included in the Sunset Beach Bar by the aft pool. Lovely Gelato and ice cream. I'm not sure about drinks though. 

IMG_20180717_141456.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hobby3333 said:

I was told last July that gelato and crepes were not included.  They were.   Not a problem at all.  Bet they are included this July.   A lot has to do with how you request them

Was that on Seaside?  MSC are inclined to do things differently in the Med.  Plus, with the changes in drinks packages, the goalposts have shifted - again!

11 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Hi, we were in YC on Seaview last year and can confirm that that the Venchi items and drinks were included plus gelato and crepes.

The chocolate martini was delicious !!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, SeaSunset22 said:

Hi, we were in YC on Seaview last year and can confirm that that the Venchi items and drinks were included plus gelato and crepes.

The chocolate martini was delicious !!

Thanks, SS22.  Yes ... I've heard many times that the chocolate martini is good.  I'm going to have to find out for myself.  :classic_biggrin:

I'm hoping MSC hasn't rescinded the inclusion for YC.  I was disappointed that the Jean-Philippe menu items on Meraviglia weren't included and when Seaside sailed, it was frustrating to hear that Venchi was.  It will be very disappointing if the situation is changed on Seaview.  Guess I'll just have to wait 'til she starts her Summer season in the Med soon to hear from those who sail before us.

NC ... thank you for that wonderful photo.  I could be very tempted to try one of those!  😃  Do you think we could send a butler for some for us?   😜

5 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Was that on Seaside?  MSC are inclined to do things differently in the Med.  Plus, with the changes in drinks packages, the goalposts have shifted - again!

Yes.   It was on the Seaside.   Goalposts do shift.  Never hurts to ask.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 2013cruiser2013 said:

Sailing on Seaview in a few weeks. I will report back on what is included. 

I will be very interested in reading your report, Cruiser.  We're on in August so I'll be watching for all things Seaview.  It'll be good to know what exactly is included for this season.  I accept that Venchi items were included last year, but things change each season;  from my experience you can't definitively state anything around MSC.  YMMV is my motto when it comes to this company due to its many inconsistencies.

If you happen to visit the excursions desk, I wonder if you'd be good enough to ask if they are doing a Rome excursion ending at the airport (for those disembarking at Civitavecchia).  I would really appreciate it as we have a late night flight and need to make plans for the day.