Celebrity Suite vs. Royal Suite on new Summit--Opinions

Cruizen Susan

On 4/2/2019 at 5:31 PM, jelayne said:

Royal suite comes with premium beverage pkg, unlimited speciality dining, unlimited internet and laundry.  The beverage pkg & internet are a big plus if you are on a cruise with no perks.  Personally we like the layout of the CS as it feels more spacious.  If the CS came with all 4 perks we would choose the CS and save some $.

On the S Class we prefer the RS over the CS.

Thank you! So are you saying that if I am currently booked in a suite with no perks (except for a good chuck of OBC from the TA) that if I upgrade to the RS,  I will get the beverage package, dining, etc even though it's not in my original suite package?

2 hours ago, Cruisen'Susan said:

Thank you! So are you saying that if I am currently booked in a suite with no perks (except for a good chuck of OBC from the TA) that if I upgrade to the RS,  I will get the beverage package, dining, etc even though it's not in my original suite package?

I believe so..did you hear back from your bid on the RS? I/m still pending.

2 hours ago, Cruisen'Susan said:

Yes, premium drinks package, unlimited speciality dining etc come with the room...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You can book a CS with all the suite perks and if you wish pay separately for specialty restaurants every night and in most cases the CS is still less expensive than the RS or PS.  I would miss Luminae which is just as good or better than most specialty's.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, TeeRick said:

You can book a CS with all the suite perks and if you wish pay separately for specialty restaurants every night and in most cases the CS is still less expensive than the RS or PS.  I would miss Luminae which is just as good or better than most specialty's.

I agree on luminae being just as good or better than specialty we were there 8 of 9 nights other was in Tuscan grill but perfered luminae, service was just great. On other hand bigger room, much bigger balcony and hot tub. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2019 at 7:51 AM, FlorenceItaly said:

Wonderful!  Good luck and please keep us posted.

Promised to keep you posted.....a little over a month away now from sailing,  and no word on my moveup bids with a very slow selling cruise for some reason, and tons of cabins left.   I'm okay either way whether we move up or not.   Still will be living the suite life!!

• Like 2

On 4/3/2019 at 10:28 AM, Schmoe38 said:

The  Premium Beverage Package and Unlimited Specialty Dining are included with the Royal Suite.

It can be confusing when you go to book on line. When you look at the “details” link for Royal Suites after you have chosen your specific itinerary, the Premium Beverage Package is missing from the list of amenities.

When you do a general search of accommodations on the Celebrity website, the Premium Beverage Package IS listed in the amenities listing.

Just a clarification on something that is not totally clear on the website.

Randy

Hi Randy!  Imagine that, something not being totally clear on the website!  😁

On 4/6/2019 at 8:43 AM, Covepointcruiser said:

On Solstice class ships you get a second bathroom, a powder room.   I prefer the RS because of the additional bathroom, perfect for husband use.   Does  the.  Millenium Class RS have the second bathroom?

Unfortunately there is only 1 bathroom in the M-class Royal Suite.

Edited by CruisersTimesThree