(another) FTTF question :)

matymil

1 hour ago, kona_wahine said:

And yet you take the time to call me out and you do the exact thing you are calling me out on.... maybe you should have voiced your opinion to the moderators or just moved on. 

Hi 

Yes... that is because I wanted to point out that, that is what is done on these forums and that even you did the same thing. It is quite normal, so your suggestion to keep on topic, while suggested by the moderators, is not the norm. 

… and you are right in your observation, I did it again.

19 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

Not trying to butt in, just wanted to say we had a similar experience as Cruisegirl70 last year in Miami (on Glory). We had FTTF and got dropped off at the terminal around 10am. We had to wait outside in the priority line for maybe 10 minutes before they opened the doors. Security and check-in took about 10-15 min. from the time we walked in the door. Then straight to the priority waiting area. They started boarding around 11:00, I'd say. All I know is, we put our carry-ons in our cabins, waited a minute while our steward sorted out everyone's S&S cards, headed up to Lido for lunch, and were done eating by 11:25. I made sure to check the time. LOL I have seen some people say things have been going a little slower recently, especially on the two Vista class ships. I'm hoping by the time we're on Horizon next year, they've got it smoothed out.

Tough to smooth out a problem due to the larger number of people who cruise on these ships. 

55 minutes ago, Nic6318 said:

Hi 

Yes... that is because I wanted to point out that, that is what is done on these forums and that even you did the same thing. It is quite normal, so your suggestion to keep on topic, while suggested by the moderators, is not the norm. 

… and you are right in your observation, I did it again.

Maybe get a life? And BTW, I’ll be on a cruise tomorrow so if you respond I really won’t see it. Bye

Edited by kona_wahine

36 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Tough to smooth out a problem due to the larger number of people who cruise on these ships. 

I may not be the greatest at math, but I do understand that more people = more time to debark. But there could also be other factors at play. I'd guess that there's a period of time when Carnival is still working out the kinks, considering Horizon is only their second "mega" ship (by their standards).

Heck, three years ago aboard Conquest, debarkation was an absolute nightmare. People were doing whatever they wanted, not waiting their turn, streams of people getting in line when they shouldn't, and the crew refused to take control of the situation. Crew members were literally on their radios saying they lost control. That's a 14 year old ship and it looked like their first time doing debark. For whatever reason, they just weren't on their game. So something like that can be a factor, too.

19 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

Not trying to butt in, just wanted to say we had a similar experience as Cruisegirl70 last year in Miami (on Glory). We had FTTF and got dropped off at the terminal around 10am. We had to wait outside in the priority line for maybe 10 minutes before they opened the doors. Security and check-in took about 10-15 min. from the time we walked in the door. Then straight to the priority waiting area. They started boarding around 11:00, I'd say. All I know is, we put our carry-ons in our cabins, waited a minute while our steward sorted out everyone's S&S cards, headed up to Lido for lunch, and were done eating by 11:25. I made sure to check the time. LOL I have seen some people say things have been going a little slower recently, especially on the two Vista class ships. I'm hoping by the time we're on Horizon next year, they've got it smoothed out.

9 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

I may not be the greatest at math, but I do understand that more people = more time to debark. But there could also be other factors at play. I'd guess that there's a period of time when Carnival is still working out the kinks, considering Horizon is only their second "mega" ship (by their standards).

Heck, three years ago aboard Conquest, debarkation was an absolute nightmare. People were doing whatever they wanted, not waiting their turn, streams of people getting in line when they shouldn't, and the crew refused to take control of the situation. Crew members were literally on their radios saying they lost control. That's a 14 year old ship and it looked like their first time doing debark. For whatever reason, they just weren't on their game. So something like that can be a factor, too.

Vista is roughly 3 years old, so I would like to think Carnival would have figured out any kinks by now. More than once I have seen debarkation turn crazy because people just do whatever they want like you said. 

29 minutes ago, matymil said:

Just an update; I had my question answered days ago and the FTTF is already purchased to thank you but please carry on because this thread is highly entertaining.

Shoot, I've lost count of how many times I've seen threads where half a dozen people all give the OP the same answer. And that still doesn't stop a half dozen more from doing the same. 🤣

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Vista is roughly 3 years old, so I would like to think Carnival would have figured out any kinks by now.

That's the point I was trying to make with my Conquest story. Despite being 14 years old, they sure as heck didn't have debark figured out that day. And I'm sure there are plenty of other days just like it on all the ships.

On 4/11/2019 at 10:00 PM, Lee Cruiser said:

Just curious, what port were you at?

We sailed the Carnival Breeze out of Port Canaveral the first week of March. We went to Amber Cove, St Thomas, San Juan, and Grand Turk. It was our first time on this itinerary and we loved the ports and the ship. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ABQrobin said:

We have been to Grand Cayman twice, did not have FTTF or any priority, stood in line with everyone else, and still made it to shore with at least 30 minutes to spare before meeting for our excursions.  Did our excursions and made it back to port in time to shop a little before getting back in line for tender.  Both times.  

That's awesome.  I'm glad to hear that it's not always the madness that we encountered on our Glory cruise.   Belize was better.   All of our other previous tender experience has been on Princess and the process just seemed far less trouble.  That could have port dependent.

7 hours ago, Cruisegirl70 said:

We sailed the Carnival Breeze out of Port Canaveral the first week of March. We went to Amber Cove, St Thomas, San Juan, and Grand Turk. It was our first time on this itinerary and we loved the ports and the ship. 

I was on that same cruise as you, and had FTTF. Yes, I will buy it ANYTIME it is available. I second everything you said previously about your experience with FTTF.

17 hours ago, Cruisegirl70 said:

Thank you!  We will be on the Breeze in a couple of weeks.  Glad to hear they do a good job with embarkation and debarkation.

On 4/4/2019 at 1:35 AM, matymil said:

Now that the prices went up, I just wanted to double check on this before I made the $89.99 purchase for Faster to the Fun. We have HMC on our cruise and I wanted to see if FTTF has priority for the tenders also. I googled it and checked their site and could not find anything. We will have an infant with us and are leaving out of Ft. Lauderdale. Thanks!

purchase it while you can. if you decide later that you don't want or need it than you can always have them reimburse you to which you'll probably get on board credit depending on how soon before the cruise you cancel if you do. FTTF along with carnival booked excursions get off the boat first. usually you will go to a designated area for your excursion or just having FTTF. with a toddler I would assume it would probably be worth it. depends on how many tender ports you have as well