Symphony- what costs extra?

My kids are getting super excited about our  cruise on Symphony. Could someone tell me what activities cost extra onboard? I’m not worried about extra food charges- we can avoid those- but don’t want to be the kids super excited about something that costs and extra arm/leg (we have 4 kids). TIA

Depending on the age of your children, I'd be wary of the arcade.

Other activities with no extra charge: mini golf, zipline, climbing wall, flowrider (unless you take lessons), basketball court, slides.

• Like 1

The Escape Room is $20 a person.  If you are a fan of them, this one was good.  A lot of fun and still less than most of the land based ones I’ve done which run between $25 and $30 a person.

Also free:  carousel, ice skating, laser tag, tabletop shuffleboard in Playmakers

There's really a ton of free stuff to do on Symphony.  I think the Escape Room is the only activity with an extra charge outside of special classes (cupcake decorating, sushi making).  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Depending on the age of your children, I'd be wary of the arcade.

Other activities with no extra charge: mini golf, zipline, climbing wall, flowrider (unless you take lessons), basketball court, slides.

This ^^^. I don’t remember exactly how to do so, but there is a way to block kids from arcade usage.  Bob May know how to do so. 

21 minutes ago, A2Mich said:

This ^^^. I don’t remember exactly how to do so, but there is a way to block kids from arcade usage.  Bob May know how to do so. 

If I remember correctly, there are some ships on which it is not possible to limit arcade spending.  Speak to Guest Services to confirm.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

If I remember correctly, there are some ships on which it is not possible to limit arcade spending.  Speak to Guest Services to confirm.

You may be right as to policy difference ship to ship.  Now that you mentioned Guest Services, you triggered my poor memory....I’m thinking that the parent could go to Guest Services and specifically allow and disallow charging privileges for children’s cards.  I don’t remember if the parents could place a daily or total maximum spending limit, but IIRC, the parents could specifically disallow arcade credits from specific cards.  

25 minutes ago, A2Mich said:

You may be right as to policy difference ship to ship.  Now that you mentioned Guest Services, you triggered my poor memory....I’m thinking that the parent could go to Guest Services and specifically allow and disallow charging privileges for children’s cards.  I don’t remember if the parents could place a daily or total maximum spending limit, but IIRC, the parents could specifically disallow arcade credits from specific cards.  

Maybe this has changed, but there were ships on which you could go to Guest Services and limit spending on a child's SeaPass card, however this limit would work for everything except the arcade.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, er345 said:

The Escape Room is $20 a person.  If you are a fan of them, this one was good.  A lot of fun and still less than most of the land based ones I’ve done which run between $25 and $30 a person.

The kids have to be at least 12 years or older in order to do the Escape room, at least that's what it says.  I think some others have posted about it as well, saying they were disappointed that younger kids couldn't do it.  But the Escape rooms are geared for older teen/adults, hence the age restriction.  

4 minutes ago, rockmom said:

The kids have to be at least 12 years or older in order to do the Escape room, at least that's what it says.  I think some others have posted about it as well, saying they were disappointed that younger kids couldn't do it.  But the Escape rooms are geared for older teen/adults, hence the age restriction.  

I think it's 14 and older?  My son missed it on Symphony but turns 14 end of the month and is really exited to try the Escape room on Navigator on our next cruise.

2 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

I think it's 14 and older?  My son missed it on Symphony but turns 14 end of the month and is really exited to try the Escape room on Navigator on our next cruise.

You might be right that it's 14.  It's been a while since I checked to see if the different kids we had going were going to be old enough.