Royal Caribbean Shore Excursion Sale

Just a heads up, RC is currently running a promotion on its shore excursions.  If you previously booked an excursion for your upcoming cruise, you might want to check and see if yours is now on sale.  If the price dropped, you can call and rebook it at the new rate; its a pain to have to cancel and rebook, but it saved us 23%.

57 minutes ago, calgal729 said:

Just a heads up, RC is currently running a promotion on its shore excursions.  If you previously booked an excursion for your upcoming cruise, you might want to check and see if yours is now on sale.  If the price dropped, you can call and rebook it at the new rate; its a pain to have to cancel and rebook, but it saved us 23%.

Thank you. You just saved me almost $90.

17 minutes ago, charlie786 said:

Does anyone know when it ends?   

I don't know if it depends on the ship and sailing date. When I called today to reprice an excursion, I was told that the sale ends on April 10th, which is also the final payment date for my cruise.

3 hours ago, calgal729 said:

If the price dropped, you can call and rebook it at the new rate; its a pain to have to cancel and rebook, but it saved us 23%.

No need to call, just cancel and rebook through the cruise planner.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Jeanette21 said:

I am a first time cruiser and booked our Norwegian Fjords cruise with Royal Caribbean over a year ago.  I have been adding and paying for things as they have come up.  Now, I am being advised to cancel and rebook things to save money!  Is it just me, or does anyone else find this infuriating?  Does this happen with other cruise lines?    

You're not being "advised" to do anything. If you want to save money, the option is there to cancel and rebook the shore excursions. 

4 minutes ago, Jeanette21 said:

I am a first time cruiser and booked our Norwegian Fjords cruise with Royal Caribbean over a year ago.  I have been adding and paying for things as they have come up.  Now, I am being advised to cancel and rebook things to save money!  Is it just me, or does anyone else find this infuriating?  Does this happen with other cruise lines?    

It doesn't bother me at all. I'm just glad they allow you to cancel and rebook when there is a sale. I get upset when I purchase something and then find out I could have gotten it cheaper! You don't have to cancel and rebook if you don't want to. I can't help you with what other cruise lines do.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jeanette21 said:

I have been cruising since 1986 on different cruise lines. This will be our second time on Royal in almost 20yrs. I have never seen anything like this until this cruise. It's a full time job watching for discounts. I find that in general the prices on RC are higher than on other lines. I think the price is inflated so they can incorporate the discount.  I booked an excursion that was advertised as a sale in my planner. The next day it was a $1 cheaper. Now I'm not going to cancel and rebook for $2 but It certainly makes you wonder about their marketing and their sales. The other thing I find sketchy is that they never tell you the on board price only the percent savings.

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Like 3

Thank you Mike,  Yes, they have been offering us discounts on virtually everything for at least six months.  How do we know there won't be another even "better" offer next week?  I will definitely bear Royal Caribbean's tactics in mind should we ever cruise again!  😊

1 minute ago, Jeanette21 said:

Thank you Mike,  Yes, they have been offering us discounts on virtually everything for at least six months.  How do we know there won't be another even "better" offer next week?  I will definitely bear Royal Caribbean's tactics in mind should we ever cruise again!  😊

Since I have experienced other lines I know what things should cost. For example the drink package I purchased on sale for $49 is a decent price. Princess charges $59 but their  individual cocktails are half the price of Royal Caribbean so you have to drink twice as much to break even. Not a good value me.  I don't normally book ship excursions. However, this time I did for San Juan because I shopped around for private tours that were offering the same tour. It just so happened that for this tour of the Rain Forest prices were about the same so I went with the cruise line.  I will say that the internet packages are the best price of any cruise line I have been on. I added surf and stream for $10 to my drink package order. We are on a 9 day cruise so $90 for one device is a bargain. I have paid more on other lines for 150 minutes which get burned up quickly because of their poor service. The prices of the specialty restaurants are still over priced even with the discount. The 3 dinner package seems to be the better way to go. However since this is your first cruise I would try the MDR or buffet that is included in the cruise fare. I'm sure that they will be discounting specialty restaurants during the week in order to fill them. I have seen it happen on other lines.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Jeanette21 said:

Prices go up and down all the time with all cruise lines. I brought an excursion during my sailings sale then 1 month later it went down by a further £100 for 2 people. Just cancel via the planner and rebook, it's easy.

Take a quick look each week, every day if you are obsessed like me, and do what's necessary to save quite a lot of money sometimes.

I'm sure it wasn't your intention but your post did sound a bit like you were having a go at posters for giving you good advice.

• Like 1

I did the cancel and rebook thing about a month ago when our Alaskan excursions went down.  I am so glad I booked in advance because both of the ones I chose disappeared the next week.  I’m assuming it is because those particular ones sold out.  I keep checking and they haven’t popped back up.  But new ones are shown now that weren’t options a couple of months ago.

Bottom line is that excursions are the same as everything else on RCI.  Constantly in flux depending on supply and demand.  

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, er345 said:

Bottom line is that excursions are the same as everything else on RCI.  Constantly in flux depending on supply and demand. 

And most cruisers aren't on CC and would never think to recheck so they pay once and are presumably content with what they got and at what price.  The burden of the knowledge of knowing it changes is the game of checking and rechecking pricing but it all depends on if you care to save a few bucks or are happy with the price you paid.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, dwhe said:

Prices go up and down all the time with all cruise lines. I brought an excursion during my sailings sale then 1 month later it went down by a further £100 for 2 people. Just cancel via the planner and rebook, it's easy.

Take a quick look each week, every day if you are obsessed like me, and do what's necessary to save quite a lot of money sometimes.

I'm sure it wasn't your intention but your post did sound a bit like you were having a go at posters for giving you good advice.

I am absolutely mortified, that was not my intention, I am really sorry for any offence felt by anyone. The only people I am having a go at, are Royal Caribbean.  Checking the prices every week (or whatever) is not in our holiday plan. It will certainly make me think twice before booking with them again.  This is our first cruise, for my husbands 60th Birthday, not sure we will be doing it ever again if we have to go through this rigmarole everytime!  Thank you everyone for your responses.  Regards to you all, Jeanette 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

I have been cruising since 1986 on different cruise lines. This will be our second time on Royal in almost 20yrs. I have never seen anything like this until this cruise. It's a full time job watching for discounts. I find that in general the prices on RC are higher than on other lines. I think the price is inflated so they can incorporate the discount.  I booked an excursion that was advertised as a sale in my planner. The next day it was a $1 cheaper. Now I'm not going to cancel and rebook for $2 but It certainly makes you wonder about their marketing and their sales. The other thing I find sketchy is that they never tell you the on board price only the percent savings.

Nailed it!  Thank God, I have the time too!😉  I  love it when a "bargain" happens.🙄

Oh my gosh, thanks to the OP for the heads-up.  I normally check my Cruise Planner prices once a week but totally missed this, and two of my three Anthem excursions have come down in price, giving me $30 back!  (That pays for the sushi class I just booked 😀

1 hour ago, Jeanette21 said:

I am absolutely mortified, that was not my intention, I am really sorry for any offence felt by anyone. The only people I am having a go at, are Royal Caribbean.  Checking the prices every week (or whatever) is not in our holiday plan. It will certainly make me think twice before booking with them again.  This is our first cruise, for my husbands 60th Birthday, not sure we will be doing it ever again if we have to go through this rigmarole everytime!  Thank you everyone for your responses.  Regards to you all, Jeanette 

Don't worry about fluctuating prices.  Book it and forget about it until you get on board.  Enjoy the cruise and don't let a few dollars spoil the great pleasure of cruising.  Some of us, myself included, derive pleasure out of the long term planning and constant tinkering of our vacation. Saving a few bucks here and there off of reduced shore excursions or drink packages is part of the fun.  If that's not your thing don't worry about it.  

Personally I like knowing that if buy something early and because there is limited demand RCi have to fire sale it later to get it moving I'm not stuck paying the higher price I secured by booking early.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

there is limited demand RCi have to fire sale it later to get it moving 

To my knowledge an excursion I have booked has been reduced x3.I first booked it on Feb 9 th, as I had taken a screen shot 2 weeks previously and saw that the price had gone down by £10. I have cancelled and rebooked x2 and in total the price has gone down £20. 

I just worry that if it is not selling well that they will eventually cancel the excursion due to lack of interest.

What also annoys me is that I have to wait 10 working days for the refund, though they can take the money for the rebooked excursion immediately.

Is the long delay on the refund a UK thing? Just curious. 

I have ave cancelled and rebooked many times.  I have noticed a smaller delay on our US credit card.  It usually doesn’t matter as both the refund and the new charge are on the same monthly statement.  But once when the charge was at the end of the billing cycle, the refund (posted 3 days later) showed up on the next statement. I agree that it seems like it should be possible to post the refund the same day.