Question about Faster to the Fun

Hi, all, maybe you can help me understand how to acquire Faster to the Fun.  I've been waiting for it to pop up under the Port Canaveral port excursions for my Feb 2020 Carnival Breeze cruise.  Finally, something appeared that says Port Canaveral excursions for one cent, but, it appears that is only for pre- and post-cruise excursions.  Will something actually say Faster to the Fun?

Thanks.

It will actually show up. Sometimes, there is no rhyme or reason as to when it does. It depends on volume of Platinum and Diamond members. I'd say there's a really good chance they release more before Feb 2020. Keep checking!

I would keep checking, but it is a bit early for them to post all "excursions".  Good luck !  We always enjoyed having it.  For us it helped with getting on early and we loved not standing in line to get a problem solved.  Nice when you have to tender too.

You have to really stalk it to nab it. Sometimes its just seeing it at the right time. They can pop up at all hours of the day and night. I check several times a day every day. 

Also, even after they sell out continue to stalk it if you don't get it the first time. They tend to release them  a few at a time. After final payment is due is another time to be on guard for it. 

Edited by cloudninecat
addition

I think the one you're seeing for $0.01 is the Home Port Advisory "excursion." Their system requires a price, so they just put a penny. I think that's where they'll put any important information that might come up just to alert passengers of that booking.

The easiest way to look for FTTF is to go to excursions and click on your home port at the top ("Port 1"). This will sort the excursions to show only those and FTTF will be listed there. It was available for our March 2020 cruise, but sold out in a week or two. As others have said, keep checking. Especially if it's there but shows Sold Out. Check daily if you have to. There's a chance they will release more, depending on the number of P/D's who book. Also, people who have already bought it sometimes cancel their FTTF or their whole cruise, opening it back up again. Some people have been able to buy FTTF just a few days before their cruise.

Edited by Organized Chaos

For our cruises in Dec and Jun of 2020 I did a mock booking then called carnival and asked if FTTF was available. Both times they said yes so I immediately booked online and purchased both cruises. I was really surprised that the June 2020 cruise had it available so soon but I am really glad it was.

Just off ship!  Here is what I saw.  Now you have Handicapped,  weddings, Travel agents ,Diamond,  Platinum. , Fttf, suites and Premier Gamblers boarding early.  It is a much longer line and unless you are Diamond and first you will wait!!  Also, as for the priority tenders.  The same listed above get priority except for travel agents.  Our tenders were an hour late from the time we were told and now they give you actual times 30 minutes apart.  The same with the priority window at guest services.  Always a line now because so many can use it.  Not to mention the other perks that Gamblers are now getting vs. Diamond and Platinum gifts, drink coupons, Obc etc and I hear they are not supposed to mention their special website! Have you tried to book and aft cabin or suite lately??? So it appears that the perks for loyalty are not really perks anymore and the fact that they charge for FTTF is a joke to me.  It used to buy more when it was cheaper!  Anyone could get to their room early on our cruise even though they said 1PM.  So I think you need to think hard regarding if it's worth it as it once was!  Just a heads up from my cruise last week and I'm sure it varies on each ship.

Edited by blyle

24 minutes ago, blyle said:

Just off ship!  Here is what I saw.  Now you have Handicapped,  weddings, Travel agents ,Diamond,  Platinum. , Fttf, suites and Premier Gamblers boarding early.  It is a much longer line and unless you are Diamond and first you will wait!!  Also, as for the priority tenders.  The same listed above get priority except for travel agents.  Our tenders were an hour late from the time we were told and now they give you actual times 30 minutes apart.  The same with the priority window at guest services.  Always a line now because so many can use it.  Not to mention the other perks that Gamblers are now getting vs. Diamond and Platinum gifts, drink coupons, Obc etc and I hear they are not supposed to mention their special website! Have you tried to book and aft cabin or suite lately??? So it appears that the perks for loyalty are not really perks anymore and the fact that they charge for FTTF is a joke to me.  It used to buy more when it was cheaper!  Anyone could get to their room early on our cruise even though they said 1PM.  So I think you need to think hard regarding if it's worth it as it once was!  Just a heads up from my cruise last week and I'm sure it varies on each ship.

It's obviously not worth it to you.

2 hours ago, blyle said:

Just off ship!  Here is what I saw.  Now you have Handicapped,  weddings, Travel agents ,Diamond,  Platinum. , Fttf, suites and Premier Gamblers boarding early.  It is a much longer line and unless you are Diamond and first you will wait!! 

The same with the priority window at guest services. Always a line now because so many can use it.

If I remember correctly, handicapped used to be part of the priority boarding group, but they had eliminated that perk a year or two ago. I wonder if they've brought it back or if that was just a one-off instance. Haven't seen anyone else mentioning this on here. Also, by travel agents, do you mean people who are actual travel agents? What ship and port was this?

I don't necessarily agree with the premier gamblers getting priority boarding & GS line. They already get other big perks, like discounted or comped cabins, OBC, etc.

9 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

If I remember correctly, handicapped used to be part of the priority boarding group, but they had eliminated that perk a year or two ago. I wonder if they've brought it back or if that was just a one-off instance. Haven't seen anyone else mentioning this on here. Also, by travel agents, do you mean people who are actual travel agents? What ship and port was this?

I don't necessarily agree with the premier gamblers getting priority boarding & GS line. They already get other big perks, like discounted or comped cabins, OBC, etc.

There is no more handicapped boarding, at least not on the Magic last year.  I was presurgery and was on a knee scooter.  It was one of the few times we didn't have FTTF.  We were told by many that since I was considered handicapped, I would have assisted, if not priority boarding.  Both were not the case.  I was directed to our zone for waiting.  It was extremely cramped and I had to keep apologizing to people for taking up more room.   Navigating the gangway was an experience in itself.  Of course I was not moving as fast as people behind me wanted to go.  I didn't blame them. I kept stopping for people to pass.  It was also slanted up hill.  My husband was doing his best trying to help me, but he was struggling with his carry on and my back pack. 

With  Carnival doing away with assisted/priority boarding, FTTF would have been very helpful.

19 minutes ago, Butterbean1000 said:

There is no more handicapped boarding, at least not on the Magic last year.  I was presurgery and was on a knee scooter.  It was one of the few times we didn't have FTTF.  We were told by many that since I was considered handicapped, I would have assisted, if not priority boarding.  Both were not the case.  I was directed to our zone for waiting.  It was extremely cramped and I had to keep apologizing to people for taking up more room.   Navigating the gangway was an experience in itself.  Of course I was not moving as fast as people behind me wanted to go.  I didn't blame them. I kept stopping for people to pass.  It was also slanted up hill.  My husband was doing his best trying to help me, but he was struggling with his carry on and my back pack. 

With  Carnival doing away with assisted/priority boarding, FTTF would have been very helpful.

I didn't think they brought back handicapped priority boarding. They eliminated it a year or two ago and haven't seen any talk on here about it being back. Maybe that person was on one of the Players Club cruises. They get special perks on those. The gamblers, I mean, because they mentioned Premier cruisers getting the same perks as P/D/FTTF. And travel agents? I don't know what they experienced, I haven't seen anyone talk about anything like that.