Is this drink coupon thing true?

maryambro

I read the following regardong drinks on Liberty.

• Bar and soft drink credits. Carnival allows passengers to purchase credits for use on soft drink and bar sales. The credits come in the form of tickets and sell for discounted rates prior to setting sail.

Is this true? If so how do I get it?

Edited by maryambro

I forgot all about those.

I remember I was on a Spring Break cruise and was having a ton of fun watching the kids enjoy themselves.

Towards the end of the cruise, of course, they had started running low on available spending limits.

I was in the piano bar late one night and still had about 20 tickets I hadn't used. I called one guy over and handed him my tickets and told him and his friends to enjoy. You'd have thought I just gave them all passing grades on their finals. I was a hero.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I use to buy these all the time, and still have a few but haven't seen them in years. I loved them as all I had to do was hand a ticket for my drink I ordered. It use to be 5 tickets for $20. Now you are lucky to get two drinks for that price

I had a bunch of those tickets left over from a cruise 10 years ago...  forgot to bring them on the next couple of cruises and when I finally remembered to bring them along, I got a ton of hassle from the bartender on the Lido deck trying to cash them in... I went to Guest Services who confirmed that they were still good for face value ($7-8 each I think?).

I used some at other bars but the last 2 I saved for the Lido bar, and presented them to the same bartender, and after being ignored for almost 10 minutes while others got served, I got the same argument. I insisted he either speak to his manager or call Guest Services... I finally got the drinks, except he forgot the rum!!! I politely asked him to do them over again. He was so angry with me at the end that he almost threw the corrected drinks across the bar at me!

I'm usually a really good tipper- needless to say that particular gentleman did not get any extra from me!

• Like 1