RCL Symphony of Seas - HBO part of tv channels?

Big Game of Throne fans  -  of course the season 8 premiere happens the week my wife and I will be on the Symphony of the Seas.   I know there is tv available on board - we have cruised RCL before but never watched tv nor considered watching on a cruise till now!   Wondering if HBO is part of the channel package?

My wife and I would actually be OK with waiting till we return and catching up but big issue for us is having the internet package we are afraid of spoilers and reveals on social media!  Hoping to watch on board for this reason.  We do have the stream package but watching GOT on an ipad or an iphone  is a sin in some parts of the world!  1st word problem for sure.....

Any recent cruisers aware of TV stations available, specifically HBO? 

1 minute ago, Tee & Chilli said:

Do you have a DVR at home?

Yes but the issue is it will be unavoidable seeing spoilers and reveals on every website, social media site afterwards.  If it was not such a hugely popular show this would not be the issue of watching when we get back home....

Just now, joemccartney722 said:

Yes but the issue is it will be unavoidable seeing spoilers and reveals on every website, social media site afterwards.  If it was not such a hugely popular show this would not be the issue of watching when we get back home....

I get it😀

Just now, cruisegirl1 said:

If I recall, I’ve been able to use my U-verse home subscription to watch programs on a cruise. All you need is an internet package. 

M

Actually I  do have Full internet\streaming package. I think the answer will be to get a $20 HDMI adapter\cable that will connect to my ipad to the tv in stateroom.  Will be best option for two people to simultaneously watch.

2 hours ago, joemccartney722 said:

Actually I  do have Full internet\streaming package. I think the answer will be to get a $20 HDMI adapter\cable that will connect to my ipad to the tv in stateroom.  Will be best option for two people to simultaneously watch.

Yes. We got a lightening digital av adapter for our iPhone (hdmi) and used it to watch movies on the flat screen in the cabin on Navigator. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, joemccartney722 said:

LOL, there is no way I could watch it on anything other than the large LED tv in the living room, with booming surround sound. I would have to wait until we got back. 

1 hour ago, Mikew0805 said:

LOL, there is no way I could watch it on anything other than the large LED tv in the living room, with booming surround sound. I would have to wait until we got back. 

I was 100% planning on watching when we got back  for your stated reason!  However, having 2 teens the internet package for our family was the only way we could cruise without my wife's and I sanity being lost.  Thus there would be no way we could escape all the spoilers.  Sacrifice the home theater experience to avoid hearing on it on the internet - yes 1st world problem..

• Like 2

5 hours ago, joemccartney722 said:

Can we do this? I didn't think you could hook up to the tv's in the staterooms?

30 minutes ago, sailor05 said:

Can we do this? I didn't think you could hook up to the tv's in the staterooms?

Depends on the TV and ship.  As long as you have access to an hdmi port and the remote allows you to switch inputs you are good.  On the Oasis and the Grandeur we have been able too.  Never tried on many other ships as didn’t have a reason.

We are also huge for fans and stayed in our cabin last cruise and skipped almost all entertainment to order room service and watch GOT, lol.

9 minutes ago, rimmit said:

Depends on the TV and ship.  As long as you have access to an hdmi port and the remote allows you to switch inputs you are good.  On the Oasis and the Grandeur we have been able too.  Never tried on many other ships as didn’t have a reason.

We are also huge for fans and stayed in our cabin last cruise and skipped almost all entertainment to order room service and watch GOT, lol.

We're on the Allure next month so I'm going to take my iPad and cable and try it. It is definitely nice to take some breaks over the course of the week and the tv has usually sucked for the most part.

8 minutes ago, sailor05 said:

We're on the Allure next month so I'm going to take my iPad and cable and try it. It is definitely nice to take some breaks over the course of the week and the tv has usually sucked for the most part.

The TV used to be great.  First run movies playing on repeat for free.  As with everything on RCI it has been cut back to almost nothing.  It’s a miracle they even have some programming.

you should be on.  Haven’t been on allure but I’d if it is like Oasis should have no issues.  We hooked up our Nintendo switch no issues.

There was a thread about this a while back. No one was sure if there was a geo-block for HBOgo on cruises.  I would guess yes. But can’t confirm. Maybe someone currently on a cruise can confirm one way or another?

totally get wanting to watch it when it first comes out. I will be at a Zac brown concert April 14 but no one better tell me anything and I won’t be checking social media until after I watch it!