15 day Cruise advice

csj092809

Hi all! I am doing a 15 day Repo cruise next year (the Mardi Gras). I am wondering if anyone that has been on one of these can give me some advice. I usually just get an inside cabin, as I live in the Caribbean and do not feel the need to "see out" while cruising. Just being on the ship is vacation enough for us.  I am thinking, however, that with being on board for that many days (quite a few sea days) we may want more room to relax in our cabin.  It is just me and my son and we have never gone above an ocean view.  Is getting a suite overkill or would we most likely be happier with more room and separate sleeping/living areas?  Any advice from fellow cruisers who have experienced these is highly appreciated!

4 minutes ago, cruizergal70 said:

Why skip a regular balcony room?

I looked and I think I agree. Even the ocean view rooms look bigger than I am used to. I think it is just the layout being better. Suites are super pricey, so ocean view and balcony are what I am looking at now. I was just worried that with 6 sea days, we would want more room. Now I figure we will just find a spot somewhere on the ship and go there daily instead of hanging out in the room. The ship is big, but not so big that it will take us 6 days to do all the things we want to do 🙂 I will enjoy just sitting and doing nothing!

The question is, what is important to you and at what price? It would be almost a $3000 difference between two people to go from interior to suite. The balcony is $1000 more. Personally, I would never buy that suite. I would probably get the balcony if you want to have somewhere else to relax on a long cruise. If you see an extra $2k in value for the suite, go for it!

3 hours ago, csj092809 said:

Hi all! I am doing a 15 day Repo cruise next year (the Mardi Gras). I am wondering if anyone that has been on one of these can give me some advice. I usually just get an inside cabin, as I live in the Caribbean and do not feel the need to "see out" while cruising. Just being on the ship is vacation enough for us.  I am thinking, however, that with being on board for that many days (quite a few sea days) we may want more room to relax in our cabin.  It is just me and my son and we have never gone above an ocean view.  Is getting a suite overkill or would we most likely be happier with more room and separate sleeping/living areas?  Any advice from fellow cruisers who have experienced these is highly appreciated!

I went on the 15 day Breeze repo cruise and it was great! I don't think you need a suite. It would be nice, but if anything I would say get a balcony. It was my mom and I in the cabin and we had enough space. If you don't want to sit/lay on the bed, there is still a couch to lounge on and when you don't want the crowds while sitting outside, you have your balcony. There were definitely days where I wasn't into any of that days activities and only left for a while to allow time for the room steward to tidy up. Breakfast, lunch and/or dinner in your personal space is great. If the ship is more the vacation for you, I say get the balcony because the other perks of the suite don't seem like they would matter to you, such as priority tender. I could be wrong, but that price jump for a few sq feet isn't worth it if getting to the ports isn't that important. As for early embarkation and debarkation, you can somewhat control that by selecting when you want to check in and disembark. You could use that money towards something else, but whatever you choose, you'll be cruising so you can't go wrong.