Currently on Caribbean Princess

xyankee

AF-1, best meal was the surf and turf. Filet and shrimp. Steak was very good, shrimp was ok. Going to Planks tonight for the BBQ. Medallion is ok. My iPad keeps loosing WiFi connection. Ocean Now does not work all over the ship and Ocean Compass can not always find my wife. Internet is a lot faster than in the past. I upgraded from my free 150 to unlimited access for $35. Don’t have to worry about signing off.

You know once when I stopped drinking soda onboard ships ( I was drinking at home) because I didn't want to pay the extra I discovered that I lost 10 lbs.  Gave it up at home too😍

I got some bad news for the Coke Zero lovers. I got some bad information yesterday. After trying to find out if Coke Zero was in cans or fountain, 2 different bartenders told me this morning that they DO NO carry Coke Zero, only Diet Coke. Sorry for the bad information yesterday.

CB does stock Sprite zero in cans, which can be ordered through room service or picked up at bars. I realize this is not the same as  coke zero, but depending on whether it's the coke or the zero that's more important, may work for some.

On 4/8/2019 at 2:23 PM, turquoisesea said:

Thank you for posting. We are on the May 18th cruise and are also worried about the scheduled dry dock. Maybe you will be able to get some information.  If you have a chance could you post the themes for daily dinners in the MDR?  I’m trying to plan our Crown Grill dinners and would find this information helpful.  On the Crown last year we were surprised to see that they were still doing a Caribbean  night - the one I’d like to skip. 😂. Have a wonderful cruise!

We are on the same cruise, hope everything goes well in dry dock.

• 2 weeks later...

No USB Ports. For Coke Zero simply take your own onboard with you at embarkation. Take it in your carry on luggage. There is no limit. You can also buy more in port and bring it aboard.

On 4/24/2019 at 11:19 AM, Poohbear5701 said:

Do you know if there are USB ports near the bed to charge the phone?

They might be added.  They were added with new lamps on the star in late 2017.  See this post about a quarter way down the page.

https://cruisingrobsblog.blogspot.com/2017/12/pictures-of-star-post-drydock-121617.html?m=1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/24/2019 at 1:08 PM, gotta cruise again said:

There aren’t any USB ports at all. 

Now that Caribbean Princess has the TVs mounted on the wall (isn’t that correct??) and no longer on the “pie-wedge-shaped” shelf, the outlet for the previous TV should be easily accessible.

That is correct.  We used the shelf where the TV used to be and that 110 volt outlet as a place to plug in our chargers for our phones and other devices.