What to do in Copenhagen, Denmark for the day??

10 minutes ago, scottie cruiser said:

I have never been to Copenhagen, Denmark before.

I was wondering for these who have been there, What did you do there??

We are only there for the day 😞

Also do we docked a long way from the city??

This link will tell you where you are docked. See the legend at the top.

http://www.cmport.com/en/ships-in-port/cruise-ships/copenhagen

Nordre Tolbod and Langelinie are close, Oceankaj is not. Post back with that information so people can help you.

Edited by gnome12

I love Copenhagen.  Once you get to the main pedestrian area (the Stroget), it is an eminently walkable city.  We spent 3 days there prior to our Baltic cruise.  We enjoyed the free walking tour as a way to acquaint ourselves with the area.  There are several museums that are good, and if you are an amusement park fan, Tivoli is top rate and uniquely European as well as having many good restaurants inside.  The Nyhaven area is the shot you see on all the postcards of the canal with the brightly colored buildings behind it.  There are canal tours you can also take that leave from that area.

Just a good port guide would be easy to follow to see the high points.

6 hours ago, scottie cruiser said:

I have never been to Copenhagen, Denmark before.

I was wondering for these who have been there, What did you do there??

We are only there for the day 😞

Also do we docked a long way from the city??

Hi, in the same boat (maybe literaly?)

We (DW and I)will be docking in Oceankaj (the further one) on April 28th at around 8, so maybe off the ship at about 8:45 and the only booked item is a walking tour from downtown, so our options are (hope some of you ho have been there elaborate):

1)Hire a couple of bikes at port and take a ride to the Little Mermaid spot and keep going to the city and drop em to catch the tour, take lunch and keep walking for a while and then decide which way back we should take.

2)Wait for the HoHo Bus (it states service from Oceankaj starts at 11am, half morning and booked walking tour lost) and tour as much just to get back on the bus as well.

3)Buy a transport day pass and try to figure out how to travel the city -kind of complicated for one day-

4)Share a cab to downtown 

Any sugestions???

TIA

Our tour guide called the bike lanes "the death zone."  The Danish take biking very seriously and start riding out in the city on their own at a very young age, after school sponsored bike classes, etc.  They are a very friendly people, but expect anyone in the bike lane to know exactly what they're doing.  Not saying don't rent bikes, but be aware of the road rules and be very confident in your urban bike skills.

7 hours ago, ljandgb said:

Our tour guide called the bike lanes "the death zone."  The Danish take biking very seriously and start riding out in the city on their own at a very young age, after school sponsored bike classes, etc.  They are a very friendly people, but expect anyone in the bike lane to know exactly what they're doing.  Not saying don't rent bikes, but be aware of the road rules and be very confident in your urban bike skills.

Re the bike lanes, I will also add that as a pedestrian, you really, really need to be careful and look before you step out into a bike lane. 

• Like 1

We will be docking in Oceankaj (the further one)as well, arriving around 10am.  Is it reasonable to think we can get a taxi there to take us to Nyhavn area for a canal cruise, then after that walk the Stroget to Tivoli? We thought we could get a taxi back to the dock in the evening. Because we travel with a manual wheelchair, we usually prefer a taxi over a bus. From what I can see on Google maps, it looks like a fairly level walk.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/8/2019 at 1:19 PM, gnome12 said:

This link will tell you where you are docked. See the legend at the top.

http://www.cmport.com/en/ships-in-port/cruise-ships/copenhagen

Nordre Tolbod and Langelinie are close, Oceankaj is not. Post back with that information so people can help you.

It looks like we might be docked at "Langelinie" Quay C190 - Queen Elizabeth (14th Aug 2019).

That one is in walking distance from the downtown area. 

20-30 minutes or so a long the harbour, depending on how long time you spend at the Little Mermaid. 

But else bus 26 can take you into the Nyhavn/kongens Nytorv area or even Tivoli. 

It departs at the bottom of the pier next to the roundabout every 20th minute or so. 

• 1 month later...
On 4/28/2019 at 12:21 AM, Danish viking said:

That one is in walking distance from the downtown area. 

20-30 minutes or so a long the harbour, depending on how long time you spend at the Little Mermaid. 

What is the Little Mermaid??