New Menu Items - Oceania Next

Classiccruiser777

8 minutes ago, Classiccruiser777 said:

Thank you so much for the new menus !

We will be on 2 cruises with Riviera over 45 days and I will certainly enjoy having and trying some of these unique items! 

Here in San Diego we have a lot of these restaurants and so good!

Denise😊

2 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Here in San Diego we have a lot of these restaurants and so good!

Denise😊

The new menus look fantastic! We will just miss the roll out on our May trip but have to try them on our Nov trip. Denise - you are right about San Diego having a lot of choices like these. (Hi from Encinitas!)

4 minutes ago, melody hounddog said:

The new menus look fantastic! We will just miss the roll out on our May trip but have to try them on our Nov trip. Denise - you are right about San Diego having a lot of choices like these. (Hi from Encinitas!)

Hi Neighbor!!

have a great 2 up coming cruises on O!!

Im excited to try some of them! Looks yummy to me!

Wasn't our weather yesterday great! 74 and our water was crystal blue along the shore line !! Now a little May grey June gloom as they say!! Sun trying to peek!

Denise😊 

1 hour ago, GeezerCouple said:

Hmmm.... when are these being rolled out?

(Did I miss noticing a date?)

It would be a great opportunity to try an Impossible Burger!

GC

On Marina beginning May 17, so we both just will miss out.

Just now, CintiPam said:

On Marina beginning May 17, so we both just will miss out.

Oh, so close!

I guess we'll have to find an Impossible Burger someplace else.  I'm really curious about the taste.

See you soon!

(Perhaps we'll meet up over an "old fashioned burger"? :classic_smile: )

It's hard to believe we're finally going to be heading out in less than 3 weeks; we are going to Barcelona a bit early.

GC

7 minutes ago, GeezerCouple said:

Oh, so close!

I guess we'll have to find an Impossible Burger someplace else.  I'm really curious about the taste.

See you soon!

(Perhaps we'll meet up over an "old fashioned burger"? :classic_smile: )

It's hard to believe we're finally going to be heading out in less than 3 weeks; we are going to Barcelona a bit early.

GC

As long as I still can order double lobster, no steak or bun at Waves Grill, I am a happy camper! 😁

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RJB said:

Not for me.  Give me back the old menus.   Not into eating much plants. 

Agree we are not grass eaters either.

Looks like O are looking for a younger crowd who have removed most everything

fun and good from their diets.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, JPR said:

These are options. Plenty of meat for the rest of us. And avocado toast is quite tasty, particularly with a dash of Tabasco...

Thanks for the reminder that these new plant-based options are supplementing O's existing menu. 

From their release... "our talented culinary team is turning out these healthy menu selections in The Grand Dining Room and Terrace Café at breakfast, lunch and dinner in addition to our already expansive gourmet offerings."

Not all are appealing to me, but there are certainly quite a few which I'm looking forward to sampling.

• Like 1

This isn’t going to bring on young cruisers. Vegans maybe, but Oceania isn’t a young person’s cruise line because, quite frankly, there isn’t enough things for the younger generation to do such as wave pools and rock climbing walls.   When looking at the menu items, I find them to sound a little weird.  I mean, come on, plant based cheddar sauce and plant based vanilla ice cream?  Really?  I don’t cruise to chew on kelp and prairie grass. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, kitty9 said:

I mean, come on, plant based cheddar sauce and plant based vanilla ice cream?  Really?  I don’t cruise to chew on kelp and prairie grass. 

You obviously have had no experience with vegan ice cream, cheese, yogurts, etc.  They are usually made with plant-based milk and nuts and are delicious and just as decadent as their mainstream versions.  In fact, some vegan desserts are so delicious and rich and creamy that most people would have no idea that they are dairy-free.  (They are also not healthy, though, unfortunately.)

How exciting and forward-thinking that Oceania is rolling out this new program!

Edited by sfvoyage
  • Like 2