New Mystery Booking ?!

dadraftsman

I've had something weird happen, not sure if this has happened to anyone else (especially with Celebrity's IT track record 🙄)

The other day I was checking on the price of cruise on the Summit, (October 20 - reposition to San Juan from NJ). I didn't place a courtesy hold or enter any billing information since I just wanted to check the price and then see how much vacation time I had left.

Well yesterday afternoon I got an email from Celebrity with my reservation confirmation, including a booking #. This morning I got another email saying "Thank you from LLP for booking". When I log in to my Celebrity account it shows the cruise and it let's me browse for packages and shore excursions. It looks like a legit booking.

I've checking all my credit cards and bank accounts and there's no charges (pending or otherwise).

Has anyone else ever had this happen? While I'd love to believe that I just got a free cruise, I got a feeling someone will catch on when there's no payment....

27 minutes ago, dadraftsman said:

I've had something weird happen, not sure if this has happened to anyone else (especially with Celebrity's IT track record 🙄)

The other day I was checking on the price of cruise on the Summit, (October 20 - reposition to San Juan from NJ). I didn't place a courtesy hold or enter any billing information since I just wanted to check the price and then see how much vacation time I had left.

Well yesterday afternoon I got an email from Celebrity with my reservation confirmation, including a booking #. This morning I got another email saying "Thank you from LLP for booking". When I log in to my Celebrity account it shows the cruise and it let's me browse for packages and shore excursions. It looks like a legit booking.

I've checking all my credit cards and bank accounts and there's no charges (pending or otherwise).

Has anyone else ever had this happen? While I'd love to believe that I just got a free cruise, I got a feeling someone will catch on when there's no payment....

I posted about a month ago that Celebrity has wife and I booked on something for two days in 2039.  It’s still on my account with 7205 days until the cruise.. I just put it down as part of their horrible IT.

Edited by dkjretired
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Gonzo70 said:

Wow, first I've heard of that occurring! Does it show that payment has been made? Very odd, keep us posted on the developments.

It doesn't show that anything's been paid, but it also doesn't show a balance to pay....

21 minutes ago, dkjretired said:

I posted about a month ago that Celebrity has wife and I booked on something for two days in 2039.  It’s still on my account with 7205 days until the cruise.. I just put it down as part of their horrible IT.

Well for all those people that complain about how long it takes X to release new itins, sounds like that got 2039 covered haha

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, dkjretired said:

I remember reading that post.  I received an email thanking me for a booking that I never made; it asked me to call customer service regarding it!  

11 minutes ago, villauk said:

Yes, has the OP lost any teeth recently? It could be from the tooth fairy 🤣.

It is not impossible.  Last October my dh and I were on a 14 night cruise without a drink package.  I logged into my account and lo and behold we had the drink package.  It turns out our children had purchased it.  It was very generous of them.

47 minutes ago, villauk said:

Yes, has the OP lost any teeth recently? It could be from the tooth fairy 🤣.

1 hour ago, FlorenceItaly said:

Do you suppose someone purchased it for you as a gift?

No lost teeth yet, but I did have a molar that was bother me last week haha

The only person I mentioned the cruise to was the wife and she definitely didn't book it. So I have no idea who bought me the gift lol

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

It is not impossible.  Last October my dh and I were on a 14 night cruise without a drink package.  I logged into my account and lo and behold we had the drink package.  It turns out our children had purchased it.  It was very generous of them.

Yes, very lovely of them. I’m more likely to see pigs flying than anyone gifting us a cruise 🤭. I remember Don’s post a while back - you never know what X’s IT section has in store for you.

Just now, If only said:

We had the reverse of what you have.  We cancelled a cruise & put the down payment towards another cruise. We still had the original cruise still on the books with no down payment.  It stayed on My Celebrity until they wanted final payment. We called a Vacation Planner and she had never seen a booking without a down payment.  Just another IT problem.