Cruise Critic most popular ships

mugtech

Just read a CC article claiming the 8 most popular cruise ships are 3 NCL, 4 RCCL and one carnival.  The hardest thing to believe is that NCL Epic is the 7th most popular cruise ship in the entire world.  Escape was 3rd and Breakaway was 5th.  From what I have read on here Epic would not be higher than 8th in popularity when considering only NCL ships. I have been on Gem 5 times, Jewel, Breakaway, Sun, Spirit and POA.  Intend to cruise NCL in the future, but never on the Epic.

15 hours ago, mugtech said:

Just read a CC article claiming the 8 most popular cruise ships are 3 NCL, 4 RCCL and one carnival.  The hardest thing to believe is that NCL Epic is the 7th most popular cruise ship in the entire world.  Escape was 3rd and Breakaway was 5th.  From what I have read on here Epic would not be higher than 8th in popularity when considering only NCL ships. I have been on Gem 5 times, Jewel, Breakaway, Sun, Spirit and POA.  Intend to cruise NCL in the future, but never on the Epic.

As much as we all love CC they still represent a very small % of those who cruise. We sailed the Epic about 4 or 5 years ago. She wasn't nearly as bad as we had expected. Would she rate as one of our favorite NCL ships, NO, but overall I can see why some enjoy her and she was the first NCL mega ship. the biggest complaint seems to be the bathroom set up. For us it was fine. I think the only real problem would be, if traveling with a family. The lack of privacy while showering could cause concerns We happen to like smaller ships like the Dawn and the Sun, but I can see the attraction of the Epic for many people. 

I have been on the Epic three times and loved it.  Would go tomorrow but seems my boss expects me to turn up to work.  

I hate the look from the outside and wish they would change the shows but everything else is perfect for me.   I have travelled three lines and been on seven different ships, I have yet to find one to grumble about.   

Edited by ollienbertsmum

Notice the word "popular."  The article did not say "favorite."  Popularity is based on number of passengers who sailed each ship. Not rocket science to know the biggest cruise ships in the world are the "most popular."  That is why the Epic is ranked pretty much where she is in size compared to other cruise ships of the world.

Personally, I love the Epic and feel she is far superior to Breakaway or Getaway.

54 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

Notice the word "popular."  The article did not say "favorite."  Popularity is based on number of passengers who sailed each ship. Not rocket science to know the biggest cruise ships in the world are the "most popular."  That is why the Epic is ranked pretty much where she is in size compared to other cruise ships of the world.

Personally, I love the Epic and feel she is far superior to Breakaway or Getaway.

very good observation. Most of us would never think of the word that way.