Price drop

Just now, BonnieSte said:

If you book with the nonrefundable deposit and there is a price drop, will Royal give you that price?

Thanks!

Under US and  Canadian booking conditions you can get price drops on both refundable and non refundable fares up until final payment 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

You might get push back if the price is part of the GGG flier special.

I find the pushback is more for people looking to upgrade after final payment as there are very seldom cruises listed in the GGG sale  that are more than 90 days out that would be eligible for price drops

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

And, I know I should know this but... what if we want to change to a suite before final payment?  Will we lose our deposit, or just pay the difference?

You aren't changing ship or date. Why would you lose deposit?

33 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

And, I know I should know this but... what if we want to change to a suite before final payment?  Will we lose our deposit, or just pay the difference?

Just pay the difference between what you paid and what the current rate of the cabin is.  

Anyone tell me the fee that is added when you put names in and say you want refundable deposit is that part also refunded or is that a fee non refundable?  ( Hope this makes sense what I am asking?)

16 minutes ago, sj25 said:

Anyone tell me the fee that is added when you put names in and say you want refundable deposit is that part also refunded or is that a fee non refundable?  ( Hope this makes sense what I am asking?)

you're over thinking this. There is a refundable deposit cruise cost and a non refundable deposit cruise cost. There is no "fee"

3 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

I don’t think they offer the non refundable deposit anymore... even if you book at NextCruise.

Both types are still offered, unless the category is GS or better, or guarantee.

6 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Weird- I haven’t seen this option anymore, when I book balcony online?  Maybe I’m missing it...

You don't see it in the initial stages of the booking.

After you have done most of it, through selecting your cabin, after you have filled out the personal information, there will be a box to check (with a dollar amount) if you want the cruise to have a refundable deposit.  It should be on the same page where you can select to prepay your gratuities.

16 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Weird- I haven’t seen this option anymore, when I book balcony online?  Maybe I’m missing it...

You're missing it because Royal wants you to miss it.  As explained above, you have to jump though hoops to see the option.

21 hours ago, cruisinfanatic said:

you're over thinking this. There is a refundable deposit cruise cost and a non refundable deposit cruise cost. There is no "fee"

Thanks,

I figured I was....lol but didn't know if they just consider it just cost more or was a fee of some type.  I have always liked that you just booked and could change, cancel and didn't have to worry about all the changes..( I now don't book way out like I use to as soon as it came available....with most part didn't change but have ....but I know it is business and make more money any way they can.

On 4/14/2019 at 6:28 PM, cruisinfanatic said:

finally this makes sense to me. it's seemingly presented as a "fee", meaning press the button and pay $159 to get your full deposit back, but i guess that's just the difference in cruise pricing.