Reservation with Travel agent or book with RCI online?

WE have always book with a Travel Agent, same company over the years. Last trip the kind of left of out of the loop, no calls on price drop and never would get back to us after we had a few question for them.. Thinking of just going straight to RCI on line for next cruise..

3 minutes ago, DISFANS3 said:

WE have always book with a Travel Agent, same company over the years. Last trip the kind of left of out of the loop, no calls on price drop and never would get back to us after we had a few question for them.. Thinking of just going straight to RCI on line for next cruise..

In the end you have to decide for yourself, but consider all your past history with this TA.  Has it been positive other than this last trip?   Will you be giving up any perks?

I don't use a travel agent, (have had multiple bad experiences with a couple of them).  And I will very rarely book direct online. 

Most of my bookings are booked with Next Cruise on the ship.  I do homework first, have ship, date, and cabin number ready to go for the agent.  Will sometimes book 2-3 cruises at once.  I like the added OBC as a perk for doing that.  

Edited by island lady

We've done both.  And we've had mostly bad agents. We are using an online agency because we had deferred deposit, an extra $175 OBC on top of the RCCL $75, and a free specialty dining for 2 with our booking.  Typically I like to be in control of my booking but an online agency with 24x7 calling is okay.  I've never had anyone look out for price drops for me, and they always seemed annoyed when I asked then to check.