World Club Parties

daisybel

This is a question re World Club parties- may have already been answered previously.

As QG passengers and now Diamond, only one party from Brisbane to Singapore,(22 days)

When I enquired re Officers party from WC Desk, was told "you will only be invited to one or the other"  ??

Same when we were on Med in August/September last year, 22 days, also QG, the same- only one party?

A couple of years ago from SFO to Sydney, at least 2 parties and we were only Platinum then.

What is the usual? Keep thinking that our invitation was "Lost in Transit"

look forward to other cruisers experiences with WC parties.:classic_love:

We are now Diamond but when we were Platinum we were invited to both World Club Parties in the Queens Room and Senior Officers Parties in G32 without inquiring on each sailing.

Not sure if policies are changed since the number of passengers being added to these levels aren't able to fit in the Room assigned to these Parties. We have found sometimes it is hard to find seats to sit in and need to stand.

4 hours ago, BklynBoy8 said:

We are now Diamond but when we were Platinum we were invited to both World Club Parties in the Queens Room and Senior Officers Parties in G32 without inquiring on each sailing.

Not sure if policies are changed since the number of passengers being added to these levels aren't able to fit in the Room assigned to these Parties. We have found sometimes it is hard to find seats to sit in and need to stand.

A new phonimium, the WC top tier members now have their pre-dinner cocktail gathering at 11.15 in the morning.  While others have a pre-dinner drinks 45 minutes prior to dining in the evening.

Questioned this, with the answer "Too many top tiers"

36 minutes ago, PORT ROYAL said:

A new phonimium, the WC top tier members now have their pre-dinner cocktail gathering at 11.15 in the morning.  While others have a pre-dinner drinks 45 minutes prior to dining in the evening.

Questioned this, with the answer "Too many top tiers"

Not that new. We attended a senior officers party at this time about five or six years ago.

We were recently on the Queen Victoria for 21 days San Francisco to Sydney.  We traveled Princess Grill class and were invited to both a World Club party and a party for grills passengers.  We went to both, but IMHO they were more than a bit boring.  Nice to get some free drinks and snacks, but not my idea of a lot of fun.  So I hope you get as many parties as you wish.  Party on!

Is the Cunard World Club cocktail party any good? 

I should be invited on my next cruise in June so can report back. 

What is the difference between the Cunard World Club cocktail party and the Senior Officers party? I think it is the latter is only available to those with platinum or diamond status? 

AF

2 hours ago, AspirationalFlyer said:

Is the Cunard World Club cocktail party any good? 

I should be invited on my next cruise in June so can report back. 

What is the difference between the Cunard World Club cocktail party and the Senior Officers party? I think it is the latter is only available to those with platinum or diamond status? 

AF

World Club gathering is at a civilised time for pre-dinner evening cocktails.

The invitation only Senior Officers gathering is at an uncivilised time for pre-dinner cocktails, being 11.15 in the morning.

Apart from that, there is no real difference.  Not really a pleasant experiences. Best to avoid both.  Stick with the one-2-one afternoon coffee chat with a Senior Officer.

2 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

I'm sure I've been to Senior Officers' parties in the evening, perhaps it depends on the itinerary.

Yes, I'm sure you are right. In fact the one before lunch was one of the nicest I've been to. It was a lovely day, the roof was open, it wasn't too crowded, and the nibbles were excellent. And a drink before lunch is quite as nice as a drink before dinner.

• Like 1

There is an asterisk/note on the Cunard World Club page saying it may be held at any time of the time. I guess it comes down to availability and the particular voyage. 

So do they hold several during the world cruise? I’m booked on just a segment in 2020. 

2 hours ago, AspirationalFlyer said:

There is an asterisk/note on the Cunard World Club page saying it may be held at any time of the time. I guess it comes down to availability and the particular voyage. 

So do they hold several during the world cruise? I’m booked on just a segment in 2020. 

Best we experienced one of each on a given cruise.

The experience was interesting when we attended the Seniors Officers Parties. We were offered several private tours of ship areas and enjoyed the tours. Even an invite to a Officers Dinner Table.

Really remember the Senior Officers Party on the QE2. They were very private, strictly invitation only and held in the Ward Room below the Bridge. The Drinks and Food Offerings were very special during those times. Invitation were organized by the Social Hostess of sailing..

On my TA last fall, all parties were in the evening. The "Senior Officers Party" used to be for Diamond and Platinum passengers, but now it seems that anyone who says "good morning" to an officer gets invited. It's supposedly by invitation, but I suspect there are a lot of crashers. There used to be a lovely buffet of appetizers, now it's the same passed nibbles that you get at the Britannia cocktail party and gold/platinum/diamond party--and for that matter it's the same assortment of nibbles you get in the Chart Room before dinner. 

Like BkynBoy8, I remember the parties on QE2. They were small because there were multiple parties (you got a specific invitation to only one), held in smaller spaces. I can remember one in the Yacht Club and one up on Sundeck. A nice small gathering with officers and other senior staff who actually mingled with the passengers instead of standing around together looking like they'd rather be somewhere else.

9 hours ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

On my TA last fall, all parties were in the evening. The "Senior Officers Party" used to be for Diamond and Platinum passengers, but now it seems that anyone who says "good morning" to an officer gets invited. It's supposedly by invitation, but I suspect there are a lot of crashers. There used to be a lovely buffet of appetizers, now it's the same passed nibbles that you get at the Britannia cocktail party and gold/platinum/diamond party--and for that matter it's the same assortment of nibbles you get in the Chart Room before dinner. 

Like BkynBoy8, I remember the parties on QE2. They were small because there were multiple parties (you got a specific invitation to only one), held in smaller spaces. I can remember one in the Yacht Club and one up on Sundeck. A nice small gathering with officers and other senior staff who actually mingled with the passengers instead of standing around together looking like they'd rather be somewhere else.

Ditto 3rdGenCunarder....

Those old style meet and greets with Officers truly created many stimulating conversations of shipboard operations and their personal experiences of life on board the ship. They really spend time with you. Miss those old days that added to the original Cunard experience.   

Thank you everyone for your interesting replies. Do the invitations come in a nice white envelope or just a generic one popped in the slot in the door way (which was the case on our last cruise with our names on a label stuck on) -  Not like the “Old Days”

19 minutes ago, daisybel said:

Thank you everyone for your interesting replies. Do the invitations come in a nice white envelope or just a generic one popped in the slot in the door way (which was the case on our last cruise with our names on a label stuck on) -  Not like the “Old Days”

I think the SOs party invitation certainly came in a white envelope. I wish they'd stop doing this, it is such an unnecessary waste.

3 hours ago, exlondoner said:

I think the SOs party invitation certainly came in a white envelope. I wish they'd stop doing this, it is such an unnecessary waste.

I do agree with the formality of how it should be presented to the passengers. In the "Old Days" it was sent in a White Envelope and your name was handwritten. We even got it presented to us at the door and not under the door slot. If we weren't in they came back. Yes, stickers are so impersonal.

Our lovely and still friends with Elaine MacKay once on the QM2 did display the social graces with personal invitations from the most Senior Officers of the vessel. It was not just the Senior Officer Party but the Private Parties by a particular officer (ex. Engineering or Medical Officer). Or the opportunity we once experienced with dinner with the Cunard CEO table under the Giant Tapestry in the Britannia Restaurant.  

But maybe this is what happens when something get too big and the volume is so great.

Maybe someday another level above Diamond will be better organized. 

Edited by BklynBoy8