Another cut or someone forgot to order?

MM27

First world problem I know, but none of the venues that serve free coffee on the Mariner have cream anymore.  They have those fake packs of creamer.  Is this a ploy to get people to buy the coffee card?  Because it worked, lol. I need my coffee

5 minutes ago, MM27 said:

First world problem I know, but none of the venues that serve free coffee on the Mariner have cream anymore.  They have those fake packs of creamer.  Is this a ploy to get people to buy the coffee card?  Because it worked, lol. I need my coffee

Just ask. My wife noticed this on our 3 March and 10 March 2019 Freedom cruises.  She asked for cream and received cream. No coffee card required. 

Edited by davekathy

6 minutes ago, MM27 said:

I did and they don’t have any they said except at the bars.  It’s weird because they’ve always had it out in pitchers or in the machine.  

Bummer. On the Freedom the staff also had a coffee station set to the entrance to the MDR. Included was a small selection of breakfast pastries and everything needed for coffee drinkers including the creamers in those small individual cups. I guess that's where our wait staff got them from. She only had to ask once as we always sat in the diamond section of the MDR for breakfast and I guess the word got out. :classic_wink: 

Lately we have not even found creamers or a cream pitcher in the suites lounge on the Allure.  When you use the coffee machine, you are expected to add the frothy milk that comes from the machine.  I'm not a fan. A few weeks ago on the Allure I asked for cream and was directed to the coffee machine.  I sneered and was brought out a carton of whole milk.   I like cream or at least half and half in my coffee.  This frothy milk stuff detracts from why I love concierge/suite lounge/diamond lounge coffee.  In the concierge lounge on the Anthem they still supply pitchers of half and half and even cream!   WTG, I hope they still have it on Saturday when we go back.  

7 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Another good reason why I drink my coffee straight. 

I can't remember the last time a waiter or server screwed up my hot black coffee. It's the simple things that make life worth living. 

Edited by Big_G
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

I’m wondering if this is brand new.  I had no problem finding half and half for my coffee on Symphony in March.  I would be very sad to find out there wasn’t any on future cruises.  If the only thing available was powdered packets I would go without. Or just stick to lattes. 

• Like 1

On Anthem they had milk and half and half both at Cafe Promenade but when we ordered coffee from room service the half and half was in those individual serve containers. I know that they last forever but I'd rather have fresh half and half. 

The lack of cream being freely available may simply be an attempt to control the amount of cream being demanded by those who are on keto diets (just check out the threads asking about cream availability for keto diet followers).

We experienced the problem on a sister cruise line where the cream became a "you need to ask for it" item when a contingent of passengers were drinking cream like it was milk - glassfuls for cereal or just to drink straight.

It was causing a shortage of cream on board.