Shareholder Benefit

pilot

On 9/11/2019 at 8:04 AM, Hlitner said:

Just a suggestion (based on lots of personal experience) to take a copy of your Shareholder Request paperwork...when you go on your cruise.  Check your onboard account after the first 2 or 3 days and if you do not have the credit applied you just pay a visit to Guest Relations with your documentation (and related paperwork).  The Onboard staff will then contact the home office and you will usually have your credit within a couple of days.

Hank

I'm only doing a 1-night Seattle - Vancouver.... so not much time to fix anything. 

I am seeing the credit in my account online now. Have you had instances where you see it online but it doesn't show up on the cruise? I'd figure at this point there's not much that can go wrong. 

2 hours ago, djb78 said:

I'm only doing a 1-night Seattle - Vancouver.... so not much time to fix anything. 

I am seeing the credit in my account online now. Have you had instances where you see it online but it doesn't show up on the cruise? I'd figure at this point there's not much that can go wrong. 

No, that has never happened to us.  If it shows online it has always been on our onboard account.

Hank

My problem has been a disappearing stockholder OBC.

I had it applied six months ago, but it was not there two days ago.  A call to HAL found that when the TA had made some change to the booking the stockholder OBC somehow disappeared. It was reapplied with no problem.

As I am using a TA, the stockholder OBC cannot be displayed to me on the HAL web site (I know of no logical reason for this web design). I have to call HAL or the TA to make sure the stockholder OBC is still there.

19 minutes ago, Tampa Girl said:

Where on that website did you find the Shareholder Benefit?  

Here it is again for folks that had not seen the information.  This one is for cruises through May 2020, but it seems they have issued a new one when they expire.

2019CCLShareholderBenefit.pdf

Edited by CM1984

29 minutes ago, Tampa Girl said:
On 4/24/2019 at 4:02 PM, Mary229 said:

Here is the official document and it looks like you can send it in fairly early. I don’t know when your cruise is. 

Carnival Corporation Shareholder Benefit

Where on that website did you find the Shareholder Benefit?  

Choose Investor Relations, then Shareholder Information, then Shareholder Benefit.

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/shareholder-information/shareholder-benefit

Current version is good for cruises through July 31, 2020 with reservations required to be made by February 28, 2020. It has always been extended each spring.

• 2 months later...
On 9/15/2019 at 5:22 AM, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

It is the best stock to own.

Actually, there are much better stocks to own in terms of how much they have appreciated in value. Carnival stock has not done nearly as well as Royal Caribbean (whose shareholder offer is not nearly as easy to get approved), in fact I think I've lost money on it, but at least I've gotten some of the money I lost back in OBC. If you cruise HAL or other Carnival bands many times a year, I guess you could have earned back everything you lost on the stock's value.

Edited by MisterBill99

2 hours ago, MisterBill99 said:

Actually, there are much better stocks to own in terms of how much they have appreciated in value. Carnival stock has not done nearly as well as Royal Caribbean (whose shareholder offer is not nearly as easy to get approved), in fact I think I've lost money on it, but at least I've gotten some of the money I lost back in OBC. If you cruise HAL or other Carnival bands many times a year, I guess you could have earned back everything you lost on the stock's value.

I have collected over 70 times . And paid about $23 per share.😀

11 minutes ago, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

Well, you've done very well with it! As for me (who bought it 3 years ago), not so much.

Edited by MisterBill99

20 minutes ago, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

Hi Gail & Marty, long time no travel together! ;-(. We bought at $35 and have collected some 20 times.  

I submitted my request about 2:45p EST on Friday using FaxZero and got a reply back about 9:45 AM Monday confirming the benefit had been applied to my upcoming booking.

I used a screenshot from my brokerage account with basically everything but the CCL line redacted.  Then overlaid my name, booking number, ship, departure date and port as well as my contact info onto the same page so it was "all" on a single page.

Now I wish I'd bought 100 shares of CCL after my first Princess cruise in '07 versus after my fifth Princess and first HAL cruises 😛 

2 hours ago, semibeater said:

I have taken advantage of this benefit many times but wondered why if you do a B to B (total of 14 days) you only get two 7 day credits? ($100 per segment) 14 days should be $250?

We are currently on a 7 day back to back, not a Collector cruise.  We were issued two separate booking numbers so received $100 OBC for each cruise.  If it was classified as a Collector Cruise with one booking number it would be different.

1 hour ago, semibeater said:

I have taken advantage of this benefit many times but wondered why if you do a B to B (total of 14 days) you only get two 7 day credits? ($100 per segment) 14 days should be $250?

2 booking numbers, one for each segment  = $100 per segment = $200

1 booking number that includes both segments = $250.

8 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

Why?  A simple question was asked by semibeater and answered.  Am I missing something? Thought it was an honest question. 

no you are not missing anything...….I was looking at the old posts.  Carry on lol

4 hours ago, semibeater said:

Could you have booked it as a single 14 day or was two bookings the only way to do it?

3 hours ago, semibeater said:

We could do a 14 day with 1 booking in the past. Now only 7 day Bookings are allowed. Not sure what the motivation was for the change. 

Probably depends on the itinerary. I just randomly checked Nieuw Amsterdam and they do have some 14 night Caribbean sailings in February and March that are a combination of two seven nights cruises, as well as the seven night segments. But they don't have any 14 nighters in January.

Edited by MisterBill99