Celebrity MoveUp Offer Tracker - Please Do Not Post Questions Here!

hvbaskey

• Ship:  Edge
  • Length of Cruise: 13 nights
  • Cruise Sail Date: December 21, 2023
  • Date email offer received: Nope, but final payment was a few weeks ago!
  • Captain’s Club Tier: Select
  • Booked through Celebrity Direct OR via TA: TA
  • Current Cabin: Sunset Veranda..9311
  • Bid?  Yes/No: Thinking on it and need some help from you kind and knowledgeable folks deciding what to do.  "To bid, or not to bid, that is the question".  Billy Shakespeare
  • Deets:  We love the aft veranda type cabin we are currently booked in now.  So, we are absolutely fine just staying put as is.  However, its me, plus (DW 60) (DD 22) and (DS 19).  The kids have cruised with us at least 10 times, mostly in a Veranda cabin, but a couple splurges in suites.  I just checked and after final payment was due, it seems like there are a lot vacant suites of various types on this cruise.  That surprised me as this is a  Christmas/New Years Day cruise which are typically packed to the gills, and not planned last minute.  Question, what is the difference between our Sunset Veranda, an Aqua SS, and a SS?  Based on the pictures, they dont look much different and/or much larger than the Sunset Veranda.  Does it make any sense at all to bid that much based on the value you get??  What exactly do you get with either of those upgrades?  Also, we could do a Celebrity Suite but these Move Up prices seem higher than a cats back.  What is the chance the minimum bid amount decreases significantly over the next 60 days?  TIA for your assistance.
  • Cabin Category: Edge Villa, minimum $6360; Royal Suite, minimum $5090; Celebrity Suite minimum $3060, Aqua Class Sky Suite minimum $1560, and Sky Suite minimum $1160. 
  • Bid Offer: Considering if moving to Aqua SS or SS is worth it over a Sunset Veranda.  Possibly considering a bid on a CS as well.
  • Notification Date: n/a
  • Accepted / Rejected: Accepted - N/A

General Comments (offer details, etc.) See above..

23 hours ago, twoflyers said:
  • Ship:  Equinox
  • Length of Cruise: 6 nights
  • Cruise Sail Date: October 8, 2023
  • Date email offer received: Did not receive an offer, went onto Celebrity website and bid.
  • Captain’s Club Tier: Elite Plus
  • Current Cabin: Prime Veranda (9101) Very front of ship, port side, 9th deck 
  • Bid?  Yes/No: Yes

If YES -  Bidding Details: All bids are person

• Cabin Category: Concierge Cabin
  • Bid Offer:  $150.00 PP
  • Notification Date: We've not been notified, but our bid is locked and showing "Pending". 
  • Accepted / Rejected: Rejected 

General Comments (offer details, etc.) As of 10/06 I do not have the option to modify my bid, but still showing my original cabin assignment (which we booked as a GTY).  

On 10/6/2023 at 5:13 PM, Huddler said:
    • Date email offer received: UPDATE:  RECIEVED THE MOVE UP EMAIL ON 10/7/23
  • Bid?  Yes/No: Thinking on it and need some help from you kind and knowledgeable folks deciding what to do.  "To bid, or not to bid, that is the question".  Billy Shakespeare
  • Deets:  We love the aft veranda type cabin we are currently booked in now.  So, we are absolutely fine just staying put as is.  However, its me, plus (DW 60) (DD 22) and (DS 19).  The kids have cruised with us at least 10 times, mostly in a Veranda cabin, but a couple splurges in suites.  I just checked and after final payment was due, it seems like there are a lot vacant suites of various types on this cruise.  That surprised me as this is a  Christmas/New Years Day cruise which are typically packed to the gills, and not planned last minute.  Question, what is the difference between our Sunset Veranda, an Aqua SS, and a SS?  Based on the pictures, they dont look much different and/or much larger than the Sunset Veranda.  Does it make any sense at all to bid that much based on the value you get??  What exactly do you get with either of those upgrades?  Also, we could do a Celebrity Suite but these Move Up prices seem higher than a cats back.  What is the chance the minimum bid amount decreases significantly over the next 60 days?  TIA for your assistance.
  • Cabin Category: Edge Villa, minimum $6360; Royal Suite, minimum $5090; Celebrity Suite minimum $3060, Aqua Class Sky Suite minimum $1560, and Sky Suite minimum $1160. 
  • Bid Offer: Considering if moving to Aqua SS or SS is worth it over a Sunset Veranda.  Possibly considering a bid on a CS as well.

• Ship:  Infinity
  • Length of Cruise: 10 nights
  • Cruise Sail Date: November 18
  • Date email offer received: September 9,2023
  • Captain’s Club Tier [“PREVIEW” = first Celebrity Cruise]: Elite
  • Booked through Celebrity Direct OR via TA: Direct
  • Current Cabin: Aquaclass

If YES -  Bidding Details:

• Cabin Category: place winning category, if accepted (all category offers, can be mentioned in comments) we bid on Royal Suite 
  • Bid Offer: $1385 pp CDN
  • Notification Date: received an email October 6,2023 informing us that we have been outbid and to increase our bid amount to increase our chances of being upgraded.  We won’t be updating our bid as we don’t really want the suite badly enough to pay more than already bid. 
  • Accepted / Rejected: not officially told we are rejected but since we will not be increasing our bid it is expected that we will be rejected. 

General Comments (offer details, etc.). 

• Ship:  Eclipse
  • Length of Cruise: 8 nights
  • Cruise Sail Date: 10/28/23
  • Date email offer received: 9/15/23
  • Captain’s Club Tier: Select
  • Booked through Celebrity Direct OR via TA: Blue Chip Club
  • Current Cabin: Deluxe Veranda 

Aqua $350 (300 min)   

Aqua Sky Suite $700 ($700 min, none available) 

• Cabin Category: Aqua
  • Bid Offer:$350
  • Notification Date: 10/09/23
  • Accepted / Rejected: Accepted

General Comments (offer details, etc.)

• Like 2

Anyone ever seen crazy low bid amounts for the very top suites? We're currently booked in a Sky Suite on Apex in December. We never got the email, so I used the upgrade link on our booking. There are no suites above Aqua Sky Suite available.

But the minimum bids for Iconic Suite and Penthouse Suite were $140 and $100! Of course, I offered max for both -- $700 and $500. All of the other upgrades were more in line with what I've seen in the past, from $475 for Sunset Sky Suite to $2,150 for Edge Villa.

But weird, huh? Never thought I'd put in max bids for Penthouse and Iconic Suites! 

We must be on the same cruise, I also saw the same low amounts for those and bid max amount for the two top suites and noticed that the rest of them were much higher. Given there are only 2 of each category on the ship and both appear booked it's highly unlikely either work out, but good luck to us both!

• Ship:  Eclipse
  • Length of Cruise: 14
  • Cruise Sail Date: 23.12.2023
  • Date email offer received: 10/10/23
  • Captain’s Club Tier [“PREVIEW” = first Celebrity Cruise]: Select
  • Booked through Celebrity Direct OR via TA: TA
  • Current Cabin: Aqua
  • Bid?  Yes/No: Not sure yet

• Cabin Categories
  • Bid Offer:
  • Notification Date: -
  • Accepted / Rejected -

General Comments

Royal suite 1655 - 4135 EUR pp

Celebrity Suite 1185 - 2955 EUR pp

AQsuite 570 -1420 EUR pp

SS Suite 475 -  1180 EUR pp

S1 Suite 710 -1770 EUR pp

Question on Move Up. If your move up offer is accepted from concierge to a suite, do you get any suite amenities such as premium wifi or a classic beverage package? I really don't care about dining in Luminae but I like having a larger cabin (which in itself is the real reason why I'm participating in the move up program). Any comments are greatly appreciated. Thank you!

4 hours ago, DianneLovesToCruise said:

Question on Move Up. If your move up offer is accepted from concierge to a suite, do you get any suite amenities such as premium wifi or a classic beverage package? I really don't care about dining in Luminae but I like having a larger cabin (which in itself is the real reason why I'm participating in the move up program). Any comments are greatly appreciated. Thank you!

As far as things like drink packages go - no you get what you had.  You do get the access to Luminae, lounge and sundeck (if the ship has it), and I've been told you get drinks while in the lounge and sundeck.  But you don't get the drink package that was associated with booking a suite.

•  
  •   

• Ship:  Silhouette
  • Length of Cruise: 9
  • Cruise Sail Date: 01/02/24
  • Captain’s Club Tier Elite Plus
  • Booked through Celebrity Direct OR via TA: Celebrity-moved to TA
  • Current Cabin: SS1
  • Bid?  Yes/No: No

• Cabin Categories
  • Bid Offer: No
  • Accepted / Rejected -

General Comments

Penthouse: $2500.

Royal suite :$1500.

Celebrity Suite :$1000.

AQ sky suite :$1250.

SS Suite Sunset: $1200.

Horizon Suite-$1300

The above rates are crazy!  IMO the only real move would be to a Royal Suite- but I wouldn't even consider an additional $1500. pp.  All rates above are pp!  

Edited by Cruise a holic
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, DianneLovesToCruise said:

You keep the "perks" you booked with.  You do get Luminae and the Retreat Lounge which has unlimited top shelf beverages and a self serve cooler.  If there is a sun deck on your ship you do NOT get free drinks from the bar there.  

• Thanks 1

• Current Cabin: DV deluxe veranda (hump)

• Cabin Categories
  • Accepted / Rejected -

General Comments

Royal suite :from $3000 pp

Celebrity Suite :from $1500 pp - one left, 1617

AQ sky suite :from $200 pp

SS Suite Sunset: from $450 pp - one left, 2125

**Horizon Suite- from $350 pp - one left, 7108

Sky Suite: from $900 pp

Aqua class: from $700 pp

Sunset Concierge: from $300 pp

Concierge Class: from $200 pp

Sunset Veranda: from $200 pp

My offer looked a little different from Cruise a holic's for the same cruise, received offer the same day. Interesting. We have a favorite hump cabin and will probably stick with it; looked at what Horizon Suite might be available and seems to be just 7108; decided we didn't like the forward location, even with the nice perks.

34 minutes ago, Kirsten T said:
  • Current Cabin: DV deluxe veranda (hump)

• Cabin Categories
  • Accepted / Rejected -

General Comments

Royal suite :from $3000 pp

Celebrity Suite :from $1500 pp - one left, 1617

AQ sky suite :from $200 pp

SS Suite Sunset: from $450 pp - one left, 2125

**Horizon Suite- from $350 pp - one left, 7108

Sky Suite: from $900 pp

Aqua class: from $700 pp

Sunset Concierge: from $300 pp

Concierge Class: from $200 pp

Sunset Veranda: from $200 pp

My offer looked a little different from Cruise a holic's for the same cruise, received offer the same day. Interesting. We have a favorite hump cabin and will probably stick with it; looked at what Horizon Suite might be available and seems to be just 7108; decided we didn't like the forward location, even with the nice perks.

There are parameters such as captains club level, amount paid for present cabin, number of available cabins in each category but Cruisaholic's $$s,when already in a suite, has bids set for some higher level cabins more than your bids from a verandah cabin, seems really off.  Now I'm wondering if the company setting bids are having a system problem. 

1 hour ago, Oceangoer2 said:

There are parameters such as captains club level, amount paid for present cabin, number of available cabins in each category but Cruisaholic's $$s,when already in a suite, has bids set for some higher level cabins more than your bids from a verandah cabin, seems really off.  Now I'm wondering if the company setting bids are having a system problem. 

It does seem really strange. I clicked through the email and tested the minimum bids and the email had them right - but I was surprised by the difference between my offer and Cruise a holic's.

3 minutes ago, Kirsten T said:

It does seem really strange. I clicked through the email and tested the minimum bids and the email had them right - but I was surprised by the difference between my offer and Cruise a holic's.

Well looks like I will stay put!  We have previously bid on other cruises , but the rates to upgrade with this cruise are insane.  Imo as long as we have suite perks that is great

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cruise a holic said:

Well looks like I will stay put!  We have previously bid on other cruises , but the rates to upgrade with this cruise are insane.  Imo as long as we have suite perks that is great

Maybe call the move up office and question the numbers?  It would be good to know they don't make mistakes (or do they?).

16 hours ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Maybe call the move up office and question the numbers?  It would be good to know they don't make mistakes (or do they?).

Checked again- rates the same- insane.  Probably the only real specials is if you booked an inside cabin and want to upgrade to a balcony.

On 10/7/2023 at 9:13 AM, Huddler said:
  • Date email offer received: Nope, but final payment was a few weeks ago!

Hi Huddler

We're on this same cruise, also in a SV, which we love.  Have received a Move Up bid offer also.

I checked and there appear to be 20 Sky Suites, 3 Magic Carpet, 3 Aqua Sky Suites and 3 Celebrity Suites available.  As you say, this is a lot of availability in Suites but I think it's because the prices, even for a Holiday cruise departing 21 December, were/are outrageous.

My questions also are:

Does Celebrity usually reduce the Move Up Bid price if there is still plenty of Suite availability getting closer to departure?

and

If they do reduce the bid price, will they send us another Move Up email?

Thanks for any answers!

Edited by cruisingaussies
  • Like 1

• Length of Cruise: 4
  • Cruise Sail Date: 12/14/2023
  • Date email offer received: 10/12/23
  • Captain’s Club Tier classic
  • Booked through Celebrity Direct OR via TA: Blue Chip Club
  • Current Cabin: prime concierge (hump)
  • Bid?  Yes/No: yes

• Cabin Categories
  • Bid Offer: Sky suite
  • Accepted / Rejected -

General Comments

Royal suite :from $1500pp

Celebrity Suite :from $1000pp

AQ sky suite :from $600 pp

SS Suite Sunset: from $500 pp 

**Horizon Suite- from $1350 pp 

Sky Suite: from $300 pp

Aqua class: from $250 pp

Sunset Concierge: from $100 pp

No standard or Sunset Sky suites show available, lots of higher category suites still available.

On 10/15/2023 at 5:47 PM, cruisingaussies said:

Hi Huddler

We're on this same cruise, also in a SV, which we love.  Have received a Move Up bid offer also.

I checked and there appear to be 20 Sky Suites, 3 Magic Carpet, 3 Aqua Sky Suites and 3 Celebrity Suites available.  As you say, this is a lot of availability in Suites but I think it's because the prices, even for a Holiday cruise departing 21 December, were/are outrageous.

My questions also are:

Does Celebrity usually reduce the Move Up Bid price if there is still plenty of Suite availability getting closer to departure?

and

If they do reduce the bid price, will they send us another Move Up email?

Thanks for any answers!

I wish I knew if they were going to reduce the Move Up prices.  I am just going to continue to check it up until the day of the cruise.  As is, we are going to stay put in our SV!!

• Ship:  Ascent
  • Length of Cruise: 7 nights
  • Cruise Sail Date: 12/10/23
  • Date email offer received: 9/26/23
  • Captain’s Club Tier: Preview
  • Booked through Celebrity Direct OR via TA: Celebrity Direct
  • Current Cabin: Edge Stateroom with Infinite Veranda
  • Bid?  Yes/No: Yes
  • If YES - Bidding Details:
  • Cabin Category: AquaClass Stateroom with Infinite Veranda
  • Bid Offer: $125
  • Notification Date: PENDING
  • Accepted / Rejected: PENDING
  • General Comments (offer details, etc.)

Concierge Class Stateroom with Infinite Veranda - $100 USD pp

AquaClass Stateroom with Infinite Veranda - $125 USD pp

Sky Suite - $750 USD pp

Sunset Sky Suite - $785 USD pp

AquaClass® Sky Suite - $785 USD pp

Celebrity Suite - $1,175 USD pp

Royal Suite - $1,850 USD pp

Edge Villa - $2,300 USD pp