What's Up With This?

jvsnana

Everyone should just move stuff off of chairs. It only works because people are too timid to not accept it.

I'd stand there for 3 minutes TOPS just to make sure they didn't just step away for a second, then place their items nicely on the floor behind the seat. Seats are for people, that's why they're shaped that way.

• Like 2

This happen frequently on the Gem a few weeks ago.  It was also very loud with people chatting in the thermal pool.  I think a staff member should be monitoring the area often.  Not up to people who have paid an extra fee, are on vacation and trying to relax to police other people. 

• Like 1

We had the same issue with loungers on the Gem. Was told to get to use one come early. I went at 8:30 on a sea day and all loungers had items on them and guess what only 2 folk's in the hot tub. They said it was that way all week, I went to the women's lounge to wait for a heated lounger, guess what that couple had 4 chairs 2 heated and 2 in front of the windows. I just went up to them and made oink oink noises and left. Never waste our money here again. Spoke to the girls at the desk they said sorry people come in early on sea days. What nobody was there! Except the other 2 hogs.

On 4/25/2019 at 7:44 PM, valleyvillage said:

.... A great reason to go to the meet and greet and ask the Hotel Director what to do about the hogs in the Thermal Spa AND what to do about the laconic non-responses from the staff...

This is why I will never go to a meet ‘n greet. 

On 4/25/2019 at 10:22 AM, jvsnana said:

Are you a rule breaker or a rule follower?

20181001_150659.jpg

20181001_150715.jpg

Looks to me like how the set up the loungers in the morning. and someone left a dirty towel on one after they used it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, zqvol said:

Looks to me like how the set up the loungers in the morning. and someone left a dirty towel on one after they used it.

These are definitely personal items left to reserve the chair. If there were no other loungers available, I would enjoy the thermal area for 30 minutes and then gently set the items aside and sit on the lounger. No one could legitimately argue with that. My husband would probably remove their items at the 10-15 minute mark.

4 minutes ago, DZcreature said:

These are definitely personal items left to reserve the chair. If there were no other loungers available, I would enjoy the thermal area for 30 minutes and then gently set the items aside and sit on the lounger. No one could legitimately argue with that. My husband would probably remove their items at the 10-15 minute mark.

What if they are in the pool or sauna for a few minutes?

1 minute ago, zqvol said:

What if they are in the pool or sauna for a few minutes?

In my opinion, you don't get to "hold" a heated lounger when you're in the pool or sauna. If you get up, your turn is over. Use of the lounger is limited to 30 minutes (see the sign). It's not like a chair by the pool where you can hang out all day.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, LrgPizza said:

Well, then that would make him no better than they are. 

They aren't really using the lounger if it is just holding their things. I am definitely more of a rule follower than he is though😊. He also would not save a chair unless one of us just had to use the restroom for a minute. 

I have not been in this area of the ship but here is my solution to chair hogs on the

pool deck. I go up to the staff and say I need to find a place to sit (full story it was an

elderly gentleman that was wandering around that I had to find a chair for). They

went and got one for him. I believe the staff does try their best.

25 minutes ago, ohhbother said:

In my opinion, you don't get to "hold" a heated lounger when you're in the pool or sauna. If you get up, your turn is over. Use of the lounger is limited to 30 minutes (see the sign). It's not like a chair by the pool where you can hang out all day.

It’s the equivalent of going into the spa and declaring that you plan to use the pool or sauna after you’re done with the heated lounger, so nobody can use the pool or sauna until after you’re done with each of them.

People can only get away with this behavior if you let them.

• Like 2

On 4/25/2019 at 5:42 PM, Georgia_Peaches said:

This is totally me. I’d move it and then dare them to question me about it. 

I have witnessed some really nasty confrontations, close to physical alteractions, when people have done this.  If you look like and are built like Dwayne Johson, I say go for it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DKane said:

I have witnessed some really nasty confrontations, close to physical alteractions, when people have done this.  If you look like and are built like Dwayne Johson, I say go for it.

Yeah this day in age, I would not attempt confrontation, people now a days wont admit wrong doing they will get angry and defend their wrongful ways,  tell crew (even though they will probably do nothing)

on one of my cruises i had the thermal package for the last 2 sea days. It was nice and it was empty. I never used a chair I am a pool guy and go from one to the next. I prefer as i do at the regular pool area to place my towel down and  glasses and key card in my flip flops and leave them on a table with the shoes on the floor. No reason to tie up a chair that someone might actually sit in.

So we are back on the Bliss right now and there is definitely a mix of rule followers and rule breakers, but there has always been at least one available tile lounger so far.  Today is a port day and we almost have the place to ourselves, however on sea days it is pretty busy.  Folks are still camping out on the tile loungers whether  they are using it or if they are in the pools/saunas etc.  One couple even left and came back with plates of food from the buffet 🤯

In conclusion, we will continue to enjoy the spa and our 15 to 20 minutes of tile lounger use...I can’t figure out how someone could even stand staying on them longer, as they are so hard 😊

On 4/25/2019 at 7:31 PM, Arzeena said:

Replies to my complaints:
"They are on vacccysion maaamm, let them enjoy"

So am I working on the ship?
"Haaaaahaaa too funny maaammm, Have a nice day maaamm"

REALLY!

in that case I would DEF be moving it all immediately! how rude!

My favorite place to be on the Bliss! I think the port days or off times like dinner are best.  I wish they didn’t sell so many passes.  It’s a madhouse on sea days but we worked around the flow and were able to enjoy it.  When it was packed we turned around and didn’t even bother. I love how they mix the tile loungers with regular loungers so that people who don’t like the heat can still relax next to their partner. Have fun! I’m jealous. 

49CF8AC0-730B-4D31-A722-CA1BD799C88E.jpeg