PART#2 CRUISING IN THE SS MARINER FROM TOKYO TO VANCOUVER

53 minutes ago, Brownie54 said:

As I said before, really loved your photos and all you had to say!

Really look forward to Splendor on April 1. In the meantime, enjoy being home!

Sue 

Thanks, us too for that cruise.😎

49 minutes ago, liptastic said:

Rick thanks to you and Ron for your great posts and photographs. You have a really lovely honest style of writing a real pleasure to read each day.

Have safe travels home and a real good reunion with Gucci who is adorable.

Jean.

Thanks we're happy so many people enjoyed it--glad you also did🙂She is😍!

Edited by ronrick1943

Looking at your Gucci is making me tear up as she very much looks like our Cooper who sadly left us a little over a year ago😢 Give her a snuggle for me!

On a happier note, I would like to add my thanks for many enjoyable days of your sharing your cruise with us! I do hope Ron gets another chance to write that book- looking forward to reading it one day- on a Regent cruise, of course!

Safe travels home!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ronrick1943 said:

Thanks, believe it or not someone didn't want her so we adopted her 13 years ago. And we have a forever home with her.

Aw, that is so sweet.  I love when people adopt dogs/cats and give them a forever home.  All three of our kitties are from the shelter and are happy in their forever home.

Glad that you enjoyed your cruise and that the seas were not too rough for you.  It would be interesting if you were on the same cruise as us sometime in the future.  I suspect that we would get along much better than on CC:classic_smile:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, vegasdriven said:

Looking at your Gucci is making me tear up as she very much looks like our Cooper who sadly left us a little over a year ago😢 Give her a snuggle for me!

On a happier note, I would like to add my thanks for many enjoyable days of your sharing your cruise with us! I do hope Ron gets another chance to write that book- looking forward to reading it one day- on a Regent cruise, of course!

Safe travels home!

Thanks so much, maybe one day the book will be done, but don't count it anytime soon.🤗

4 hours ago, Travelcat2 said:

Aw, that is so sweet.  I love when people adopt dogs/cats and give them a forever home.  All three of our kitties are from the shelter and are happy in their forever home.

Glad that you enjoyed your cruise and that the seas were not too rough for you.  It would be interesting if you were on the same cruise as us sometime in the future.  I suspect that we would get along much better than on CC:classic_smile:

Thanks again, and just maybe we'll cruise on the same date---I understand you'll be getting off as we get on the Splendor next year.  Remember on CC only opinions-nothing else and I sure we'd get along☺️

2 hours ago, Mr Rumor said:

Rick, it is always fun and a pleasure to tag along with you and Ron.  Thanks for the great posts and pics!

Rich

Thank you, I always enjoy your travels--it truly was a great cruise and can't wait for the next one.

Thank you SO much for all the wonderful photos and posts.  You have been kind enough to "take me along" on a previous cruise of yours and I truly appreciated being "along" on this one.  Can't wait for the next!

Give Gucci a pat from us!   Our Chili would love to meet her!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hambagahle said:

Thank you SO much for all the wonderful photos and posts.  You have been kind enough to "take me along" on a previous cruise of yours and I truly appreciated being "along" on this one.  Can't wait for the next!

Give Gucci a pat from us!   Our Chili would love to meet her!

Thank you and we well give her a extra pat😊

On 5/16/2019 at 8:21 AM, Lady's Mom said:

Ron and Rick, thank you so much for allowing us to share your adventures -- the good, the not so good, and the downright fabulous.  We look forward to meeting you both one day on the high seas.

Thank you, we'll be on Regent again soon.

Just a quick update on our return part of the trip.  Those using the Vancouver Port, it is one of the most advanced, easy to use ports we’ve ever gone through.  They really have it right from getting off the ship to your car or taxi.

Getting off the ship (Regents part) was quick and easy, think they handled it well including getting the luggage in the right place and timely.

Vancouver Airport was also easy, checking in took no longer than a few minutes.  We flew United and use the Air Canada Lounge, not so great.  The flight was on time and good, even the snack in first was nice and the right amount of food.

We had to change planes in Los Angeles for the short flight to Palm Springs, The United Club Lounge was great with nice food options.  The flight also on time and arrived early.  Luggage in Palm Springs is pretty good under normal conditions-tonight must have been a great night, luggage was out in about 5 minutes and we we’re out of the terminal to our waiting car.  Home in about 20 minutes.

To sum it up, if we had to get off the ship which we did, this is the way you want it to happen.

Again thanks to all you joining us during this cruise, we had a wonderful time on Regent and meeting new friends we hope to see again.

PS: Gucci was happy to see us return home and didn’t give us any attitude about being gone so long, that’s the best news for us.  And she loved her new toy from Alaska.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, crusin7 said:

I agree about the port.  It was excellent!  Are you having withdrawals like I am??  Loved following your blog.  

Well I do miss clean sheets everyday, breakfast in the suite, no cleaning, laundry being done, not making lunch or dinner, the coffee connection, and High Tea to mentioned a just few things.  But Ron still isn't writing is book and wants to wait until the next cruise to do nothing for research😎

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 5/15/2019 at 5:07 PM, ronrick1943 said:

But we are happy to go home because we have Gucci (see below) to be with and look forward to our next cruise.

guccisofa1.jpg

Gucci would probably feel a certain kinship to our three cats, Burberry, Calvin (Klein), and Stella (McCartney).  Our dog, Argo, bucked the trend.   :-)

Give Gucci a little ear scratch for me.   :-)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UUNetBill said:

Gucci would probably feel a certain kinship to our three cats, Burberry, Calvin (Klein), and Stella (McCartney).  Our dog, Argo, bucked the trend.   🙂

Give Gucci a little ear scratch for me.  🙂

Actually she loves cats.  Don't know why but whenever we go over to a friends house with two cats, she loves to play with them, even take a nap with the two.

• Like 1