One dollar deposits

frankc98376

Saw the promo for dollar deposits today only.  I left a message for our PCC and said "I hear you have one dollar cruises.  We'll take 3.  Seriously though, is that deposit refundable?"

I'm sure she will be having a very busy day today-wanted to start it out with a smile.

For those of us who purchase FCD (future cruise deposits) while onboard, the $1 deposit deal actually costs us money, since we cannot get the OBC associated with the FCD.

I really like the FCD as when I see a cruise I might like to do, I can use the FCD to book it and basically it costs me nothing (since HAL already has my $100 deposit).  If I change my mind later on, no problem as the FCD goes back into my account.

Edited by DaveOKC
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, frankc98376 said:

Saw the promo for dollar deposits today only.  I left a message for our PCC and said "I hear you have one dollar cruises.  We'll take 3.  Seriously though, is that deposit refundable?"

I'm sure she will be having a very busy day today-wanted to start it out with a smile.

On Valentine's Day of this year Princess was running a $1 deposit promotion for that day.  We booked a rather expensive cruise to South America and about a month later we found out we had a scheduling conflict so had to cancel.  When DH called to cancel, he generously offered to let Princess keep the deposit.  No!  They credited the $2 deposit back to our credit card.  I imagine HAL will do the same.

We just called our PCC to book a Caribbean cruise in December.  Surprisingly, she answered the phone (usually we play telephone tag for at least a day) and booked our cruise.  We were waiting for Explore 4 this summer.  The $1 deposit sealed the deal.

Tried to book this tonight.

My m.i.l. showed discounts for Mariner Society members. Her agent said any mariner would qualify but when we tried to book the price went up like 50%. We declined to book.

Anyone know what might have happened?

58 minutes ago, Jammu2 said:

My m.i.l. showed discounts for Mariner Society members. Her agent said any mariner would qualify but when we tried to book the price went up like 50%. We declined to book.

Not sure.  My Sis-in law and m.i.l. were both able to about an hour ago and neither have used HAL before.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Jammu2 said:

Sounds like the Mariner Discounts you saw were tied to your account (very common on HAL).  These often are very good deals I have found in the past,  It appears to me that your agent is wrong, since almost all HAL cruises are "Mariners", everyone would be getting the deal - thus not a deal!

• Thanks 1

We did book the $1 deposits and the TA honored the prices my m.i.l. saw when she was logged into their site for all of us, even though they were evidently published in error. We could not find any comparable fares published anywhere so figured it was a deal. We have been watching the cruise for some months so...score!

19 hours ago, Jammu2 said:

We did book the $1 deposits and the TA honored the prices my m.i.l. saw when she was logged into their site for all of us, even though they were evidently published in error. We could not find any comparable fares published anywhere so figured it was a deal. We have been watching the cruise for some months so...score!

Like DaveOKC says, HAL will send private sales to individual mariners so it wouldn’t have been an error.  You are only able to see them when you log into your account.  With all due respect, your MIL’s agent is incorrect in that all mariners are eligible.  However, as you have experienced, the sale is extendable to other mariners included in the booking.  Have a great cruise!

• Like 1