How to Maximize Diamond Happy Hour?

I was wondering of a method on how to maximize the Diamond Happy Hour. 

For my plan but I know yours can be different I was thinking if one were to use Lunch as your main meal in the MDR and then go to the Diamond Lounge once it opens and between 5:30 and wen the show starts you order some cocktails.  

Then just before the show order two drinks and then one drink before the show ends. Can one order drinks in the Theater for the Diamond Benefit?  If so I am for a Cognac or Whiskey for the show.

To me I love the feeling of having a drink or two with the show. Even if I do not use the third drink for myself I can use it for a Coke or pay it forward!

If god forbid you are hungry after the show then you could always go to Park Cafe, Cafe Promenade to fill up.

With Afternoon snacks and Lunch why do you need another full dinner later when you can go to the Diamond Lounge for appetizers and drinks?  I do  this at hotels with a Concierge Executive Lounge and use it for my Dinner and Breakfast. 

1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

Yes

Sweet Bob! You made my weekend!  I love having an adult beverage during the show! On my last cruises I have always  enjoyed it.  BTW a kind Manager over at Crown and Anchor will manually make us all Diamond as we  will be Diamond on the 2nd cruise at the beginning and she has flagged our reservation to do so while on our first cruise.

The agent and I had a nice conversation and I politely not in an entitled way asked if she can my Parents and I Diamond and she could see our points and was happy to help. Of course I will confirm with the Loyalty Ambassador onboard as well. 

1 minute ago, travelplus said:

Sweet Bob! You made my weekend!  I love having an adult beverage during the show! On my last cruises I have always  enjoyed it.  BTW a kind Manager over at Crown and Anchor will manually make us all Diamond as we  will be Diamond on the 2nd cruise at the beginning and she has flagged our reservation to do so while on our first cruise.

The agent and I had a nice conversation and I politely not in an entitled way asked if she can my Parents and I Diamond and she could see our points and was happy to help. Of course I will confirm with the Loyalty Ambassador onboard as well. 

So you are trying to maximize your D drinks...and have you and your parents elevated to the D level on the first leg of your B2B instead of waiting until that first leg has been completed and officially becoming D on the 2nd leg.....Hmmm....:classic_rolleyes:

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, travelplus said:

Not going to happen

• Like 1

We will be Diamond at the start of the Second Cruise and I mean 80 points the night we board!  I know it takes time for the points to post.

We will be at 80 nights when we board on the 2nd cruise. When we get off the B2B its 79 so thats the end of cruise one. Cruise 2 is 80 points. The rep said she would  adjust it for Cruise#2.

Now if we were 78 points or 73 points thats one thing.

Edited by travelplus

5 minutes ago, Ashland said:

So you are trying to maximize your D drinks...and have you and your parents elevated to the D level on the first leg of your B2B instead of waiting until that first leg has been completed and officially becoming D on the 2nd leg.....Hmmm....:classic_rolleyes:

Also, for someone who has yet to experience the Diamond lounge, one might be vastly overestimating the number of drinks or snacks one will be able have served. Not to mention the lounge (in my opinion)  isn’t that enjoyable to spend that much time in. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Also, for someone who has yet to experience the Diamond lounge, one might be vastly overestimating the number of drinks or snacks one will be able have served. Not to mention the lounge (in my opinion)  isn’t that enjoyable to spend that much time in. 

We found the lounge very enjoyable last week.  It wasn’t very crowded, because there were not that many D and above on the cruise.  We had great conversations with those we met there.  Didn’t meet any unpleasant souls. 

3 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

That is your opinion and I respect it. I am not trying to overestimate it but its nice to have a benefit. Yes it may be overcrowded so be it. We all have our opinions hence why there is Cruise Critic!

6 minutes ago, travelplus said:

We will be Diamond at the start of the Second Cruise and I mean 80 points the night we board!  I know it takes time for the points to post.

We will be at 80 nights when we board on the 2nd cruise. When we get off the B2B its 79 so thats the end of cruise one. Cruise 2 is 80 points. The rep said she would  adjust it for Cruise#2.

So you're at 79 points the day you start your first leg.....Many have had this situation....you won't be Diamond until you start your 2nd leg. No reason to expect you will be elevated to D if you haven't reached it regardless that it's only one point.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, travelplus said:

Its called manual adjustment!  You leave cruise#1 and board Cruise#2.

If I understand correctly you will be D after the first cruise.  But you were told you would have DL access on the first cruise?  Won't happen.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, travelplus said:

Its called manual adjustment!  You leave cruise#1 and board Cruise#2.

I know what you're calling it....Many reach the next level during a first leg...all you have to do is then see the LA and they will make the adjustment for your 2nd leg....not before.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

If I understand correctly you will be D after the first cruise.  But you were told you would have DL access on the first cruise?  Won't happen.

We all know what OP is understanding that he was told is incorrect. 

32 minutes ago, travelplus said:

So at the end of cruise 1, you will be 79 points. The night of embarkation of the second cruise you will be 80 points? That is what you said above... If that is the case, please do not get your hopes up. You will likely board as Emerald, and stay that way the entire sailing, regardless of the fact that the agent notated it on your reservation.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Mikew0805 said:

So at the end of cruise 1, you will be 79 points. The night of embarkation of the second cruise you will be 80 points? That is what you said above... If that is the case, please do not get your hopes up. You will likely board as Emerald, and stay that way the entire sailing, regardless of the fact that the agent notated it on your reservation.

The post you quoted from OP was confusing indeed.  If OP is still at 79 pts at the end of the first cruise then they won't be D until after the 2nd.  

1 minute ago, voyager70 said:

The post you quoted from OP was confusing indeed.  If OP is still at 79 pts at the end of the first cruise then they won't be D until after the 2nd.  

Yep.. I had to read it a couple times, but I think that is what he is saying. There will be no D on the second cruise.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, travelplus said:

So you're ending cruise #1 at 79 points which means you start cruise #2 at 79 points. You won't be diamond for either one of them. Nobody is going to manually adjust your points. Phone reps do not have a clue but believe if you want. It won't happen.

• Like 6