Celebrity web site reservation error

dwwall

Hi,

I'm new to Celebrity and just recently booked my first cruise directly through their web site.  All went well in using their site to book the reservation.  I got a confirmation email and everything is correct.  A couple days later I notice that the price on my web site reservation had gone up about $1,000 in both the total and the remaining balance.  Obviously, this is a mistake.  I'm not worried yet, as the cruise is a year out and I have the original email with the correct pricing.  But do you think I should I just wait to see if it corrects itself over time or should I go ahead and reach out to Celebrity to find out what happened?  Has this happened to anyone else before or just me?

Just now, dwwall said:

Hi,

I'm new to Celebrity and just recently booked my first cruise directly through their web site.  All went well in using their site to book the reservation.  I got a confirmation email and everything is correct.  A couple days later I notice that the price on my web site reservation had gone up about $1,000 in both the total and the remaining balance.  Obviously, this is a mistake.  I'm not worried yet, as the cruise is a year out and I have the original email with the correct pricing.  But do you think I should I just wait to see if it corrects itself over time or should I go ahead and reach out to Celebrity to find out what happened?  Has this happened to anyone else before or just me?

The reservations sometimes on the website do act a bit weird sometimes.  If you have any concerns just call Celebrity.  If you have original documents printed you will be fine.  Any time Celebrity agents make changes for you have them immediately email your modified reservation while you hold on the phone so you can verify the changes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

The reservations sometimes on the website do act a bit weird sometimes.  If you have any concerns just call Celebrity.  If you have original documents printed you will be fine.  Any time Celebrity agents make changes for you have them immediately email your modified reservation while you hold on the phone so you can verify the changes.

I would call asap and have them send  an updated res confirmation while you wait as suggested by Tee Rick, each confirmation has a number on the upper right...each change will be given a new number.

Thank you all.  I did go ahead and call and they are apparently fixing it back to the original pricing.  We have a 3rd guest in our cabin and apparently the 50% off deal fell off for some reason.  Strange.  I did not wait for the email confirmation as I had to join a conference call for work but Linda promised she would send it.  

I must say the call was pleasant.  This was my first call into Celebrity and it went well with no wait and quick action to resolve my issue.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

If for some reason you don't get it you can call anytime and used the automated system to request a copy of the Guest Invoice using the Existing Reservations phone number 1-888-751-7804.

I just got the confirmation and all is well.  Thank you for the information.  I will save that for future reference.

Glad it worked out...we save each  numbered confirmation &  take it with us,..they don't always have the same info on board.

On one cruise,  stateside " X"  forgot to send the  drink package info to the ship for most of the pasengers,..The .line was  huge at GR...We showed our invoice and correction was made on the spot,. Guests without paperwork were " charged " for drinks til Celeb home ofc could confirm the next day

• Like 1

On 4/30/2019 at 6:14 AM, dwwall said:

Thank you all.  I did go ahead and call and they are apparently fixing it back to the original pricing.  We have a 3rd guest in our cabin and apparently the 50% off deal fell off for some reason.  Strange.  I did not wait for the email confirmation as I had to join a conference call for work but Linda promised she would send it.  

I must say the call was pleasant.  This was my first call into Celebrity and it went well with no wait and quick action to resolve my issue.

I just had a terribly shocking experience with an unexpected change in my reservation too!  I had booked my Alaskan cruise through a TA over 2 months ago during Celebrity's "Book Now Bonus" promotion that gave discounted rates and an additional $200 OBC. I paid everything in full at the time of reservation since I was booking within the final payment period. I checked in online over a month ago, but my boarding pass and luggage tags were marked as "pending" this whole time. I was originally told that Celebrity recently updated their system, so I figured that was causing the delay.  But with only 10 days left until departure, I called Celebrity yesterday to find out why my documents still weren't ready, and they told me that something was wrong with my reservation, and to call my TA!

Upon talking to my TA, they said that Celebrity's system had "somehow" (for no known reason) removed the promotional rate code I was booked under, invalidating both the discount on the fare and the promotional OBC!  And that Celebrity insisted that I still owed ANOTHER $900 on my booking!  WTH? Of course this was all wrong, as I had the paid invoice and receipts to prove it, but they still didn't believe me!  Luckily, I had booked TWO identical rooms for my family, under the same category, with the same promo code, with the same travel agent, at the same time -- and showed them that the other identical booking had no problems with the "validity" of the promo code. (They were able to print their Boarding Passes, luggage tags, and received their $200 OBC just fine). 

In the end, Celebrity was only able to apply a different rate code so that I didn't "owe" any more money, but I had lost my $200 promotional OBC -- to no fault of my own. I was shocked that this could even happen, and worse, that no one - NOT Celebrity, NOT my TA, NOT anyone -- notified me that there was even a problem with my booking. My TA said I was lucky my booking wasn't cancelled due to the illegitimate "unpaid dues".  Lucky??? Yeah right! This is my family's 6th Celebrity cruise, and my 10th cruise overall (I have cruised Princess, Holland, Carnival, and NCL, too), and I've never had this happen before. It shocked and scared me that a mysterious "glitch" or "system error" could make a rate code disappear or "fall off" of my booking & screw up my plans. And if I hadn't been proactive, I could have been SOL/denied boarding upon showing up at the dock because my booking was erroneously cancelled for "some strange reason."  Seriously, something is up with their new system!!!

Edited by smarteapantz

On 4/30/2019 at 9:51 AM, wrk2cruise said:

If for some reason you don't get it you can call anytime and used the automated system to request a copy of the Guest Invoice using the Existing Reservations phone number 1-888-751-7804.

What option does one select to do that if one used a TA? I even called back tried selecting the "directly through the website" option and just got a "Our offices are cuttingly closed" - no option for anything automated.

Edited by WrittenOnYourHeart

3 hours ago, smarteapantz said:

Seriously, something is up with their new system!!!

Good thing you caught it, as your TA did not reconcile the information either, which IMO is the second line of defense against something like this...

They accepted the booking from you and they need to make sure that all is still good and if not, go to bat EARLY enough to make sure it is right and as expected, continuously.

Granted, most reservations go through just fine yet in cases like yours the TA should be more pro-active, pending if you used a 'smaller' TA it can be easy to do, if a larger one, then a much greater chance that they cannot or will not.

Happy all turned out well for you, now you can have a more relaxed sailing..

bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953
  • Like 1

I'd get a new TA....they  apparently did not do a very good job to  monitor  your booking .

BUT first  I would insist that the TA  keeps fighting for your OBC,.they can escalate up the resolutions food chain til someone figures it out...esp if you and the TA have it in writing...and the companion res had no problrms,,

Good luck.....enjoy the cruise

• Like 2

15 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

What option does one select to do that if one used a TA? I even called back tried selecting the "directly through the website" option and just got a "Our offices are cuttingly closed" - no option for anything automated.

If booked via a TA you have to request it through the TA.  Most will request it and forward it to you directly possibly redacted as they may get deals on some things like prepaid gratuities etc.  Mine doesn't but their invoice is very detailed and gives me everything required.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

If booked via a TA you have to request it through the TA.  Most will request it and forward it to you directly possibly redacted as they may get deals on some things like prepaid gratuities etc.  Mine doesn't but their invoice is very detailed and gives me everything required.

Gotcha. Thanks!