Riviera update

pna

I know Riviera was scheduled to go in for a refurbish in April?   Anybody know how long?   Any news on what they are changing?  Excited to hear about the finished product as we are sailing on her in February.

1 hour ago, Cruseforme said:

Not sure what further information you are asking for, as you asked this question just last month and received answers:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2653629-riviera-refurbish/

For what its worth..Cruise critic raited Riveria as a  one of the top 3 luxury class ships  Regent and Crystal were 1-2.      The new look looks rather sterile to me...  not at all warm and comfy.   The chairs look awful.

6 hours ago, Hawaiidan said:

The new look looks rather sterile to me

DH was thinking the exact same thing, but in-person on Insignia was much better than he was fearing.  Yes it is different, and ymmv, but it might not be nearly as bad as you think.  Of course, you can always retreat to the library, whose look remains the same.

Martinis and the GDR chandelier both look much better in person (vs the promo pictures), but that's just one opinion lol.

I have been following the progress of Riviera since we will be on in July and I believe she just got out of dry dock after the crossing in April. I think the May 3-15 gap is due to a charter. Looking forward to seeing the improvements to Baristas and other areas.

33 minutes ago, FANC6 said:

I have been following the progress of Riviera since we will be on in July and I believe she just got out of dry dock after the crossing in April. I think the May 3-15 gap is due to a charter. Looking forward to seeing the improvements to Baristas and other areas.

She was supposed to be in dry dock 4/17-4/25. May 3 - 15 is a roundtrip from Civitavecchia, Italy.

• Like 1

The following was posted on Facebook:  Search Oceania Riviera

Here’s a sneak peek at a few of Baristas’ chic new upgrades on Riviera – a gleaming Victoria Arduino, the Rolls-Royce of espresso machines, plus a sleek new back wall crafted out of designer marble and granite.

Stay tuned – we’re about to unveil more on Riviera’s re-inspiration surprises. Speaking of surprises…check out our new eye-catching Terrace Café chairs! #OceaniaNEXT

Can't wait until June 16th on her!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, babysteps said:

DH was thinking the exact same thing, but in-person on Insignia was much better than he was fearing.  Yes it is different, and ymmv, but it might not be nearly as bad as you think.  Of course, you can always retreat to the library, whose look remains the same.

Martinis and the GDR chandelier both look much better in person (vs the promo pictures), but that's just one opinion lol.

There is an adage...if it isnt broken dont fix it.     They have ruined the ambiance of Regatta in my book the Bar looks cheap and like an airport lounge... rather than a boutique hotel   That lets the r ships out....

Hope all of you who are sailing this summer will share pictures for those of us not sailing until 2020!  After having to cancel a cruise last minute with Celebrity  in February due to medical emergency we booked Oceania February 2020 as the itinerary and the dates worked for us.   First Oceania cruise.   I know it is a long way off but after the disappointment of cancelling I am allowing myself to dream ahead and gleam as many tidbits as I can.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hawaiidan said:

They have ruined the ambiance of Regatta in my book the Bar looks cheap and like an airport lounge... rather than a boutique hotel

I can understand where you are coming from - in the pictures, post-Next Martini's reminds me of a movie-complex lobby with annoyingly busy carpet lol.  But in person it is actually quite nice, the carpet isn't nearly so bold, and there is still plenty of buffed-up-&-still-there woodwork.  In the pictures, the furniture looks a bit angular and not so comfy; in person it is much more inviting imo.  It is much more 'transitional' in style vs. 'traditional', but I did not expect to hear jets taking off 😉  

Will be interested in your comments when you get to see it in person - I know you will not mince words, and that is a virtue in my book! (I need an emoji here that designates, "I really mean this, and in a kind way - I *am* looking forward to your eye witness acount")

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, babysteps said:

I can understand where you are coming from - in the pictures, post-Next Martini's reminds me of a movie-complex lobby with annoyingly busy carpet lol.  But in person it is actually quite nice, the carpet isn't nearly so bold, and there is still plenty of buffed-up-&-still-there woodwork.  😉

OK   I just have to ask

Where are the photos Martinis you are talking about?

I am only seeing the new chairs for the Terrace  & hoping they are not like Polo where you slide out

The black & white wall & coffee machine in Barristas

Hoping someone on Riviera will post some photos  soon

Not sure  what Dan is smoking  oops forgot he does not smoke  but maybe he should stop hanging out in the smoking section

Regatta  has NOT been refurbished yet  so WTH  is he on about ??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Hawaiidan said:

There is an adage...if it isnt broken dont fix it.     They have ruined the ambiance of Regatta in my book the Bar looks cheap and like an airport lounge... rather than a boutique hotel   That lets the r ships out....

They have not done anything to Regatta yet, do you mean Insignia.

Cruising on O for the first time to the med next spring on Riviera and very interested in photos!  Thanks all for the info! Cruise is still far away, but getting excited already.

12 hours ago, LHT28 said:

In the cruise brochures I believe.  Definitely in the "next" specific mailing. 

Photo makes the wood not noticeable, and the carpet very gray on the gray-blue scale, with very angular (as in, ouch I hit my shin) looking.  But my perceptions might be skewed lol.

Edited by babysteps

13 hours ago, LHT28 said:

OK   I just have to ask

I am only seeing the new chairs for the Terrace  & hoping they are not like Polo where you slide out

Not sure  what Dan is smoking  oops forgot he does not smoke  but maybe he should stop hanging out in the smoking section

I believe what is happening is that the discussion is being mixed between the O and the R ships. Things get confused that way. 

2 hours ago, babysteps said:

In the cruise brochures I believe.  Definitely in the "next" specific mailing. 

Photo makes the wood not noticeable, and the carpet very gray on the gray-blue scale, with very angular (as in, ouch I hit my shin) looking.  But my perceptions might be skewed lol.

thanks

We do not get brochures

Things always look a lot different in the brochures than in person

just look at all those well dressed  people 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ORV said:

I believe what is happening is that the discussion is being mixed between the O and the R ships. Things get confused that way. 

you are probably right 

poor.jpg.30d38dfda42ff40e7c049c06d344fc25.jpg

15 hours ago, edgee said:

They have not done anything to Regatta yet, do you mean Insignia.

Yes...  but I think my comments  are relative to ALL  R class ships    I am most familiar with Regatta and after looking at the photos  seeing the before and after pictures they seemed to be the same decor   Yes Sirena, Insignia etc  have the same..      Bottom line  my comments should  be taken to ALL R ships

There is a O promo video  that shows all manner of changes in color      The decorators said they are trying to  create  a home experience on the ship  like being in your living  room at home. rather than the traditional look.      WHY...   Soft grey, cream colors.... calm colors like they paint emergency rooms and execution chambers..... every body  nice and calm.     

.    Do you want to go on a  luxury type  vacation  in something like your family room?   Or would you like a bit of classic elegance, that you can not get at home ?     Are not cruises, to some extent  an escape from your nest?         Whats next... techno music rather than string quartet..      Making the cruise an   new age experience..        If that evolves  who will sail?

Edited by Hawaiidan

15 hours ago, LHT28 said:

OK   I just have to ask

Thank you so much for pointing out such a glaring and  unforgivable error. Maybe you could help people  confused understand that Regatta is  not yet but will be changed    I am so sorry for having so offended you so badly.

Please forgive my error.

• Haha 1