Travel insurance

24 minutes ago, greyskier said:

We have always used our ANZ card insurance but luckily never had to claim.  Concerned now about the previous posts regarding the changes. I have just down loaded the new policy effective from 2nd October and the overseas medical still says unlimited. they do have a new section if they have covered for pre-existing and that also states unlimited.  I now have a pre existing condition so may have to find another insurer.

Make some enquiries, I have just re read the 'changes' and am confused re the limits. 

22 hours ago, NSWP said:

OK still on travel insurance...got a little booklet from our bank - ANZ, yesterday.  Changes to 'credit card complimentary travel insurance through Allianz.   Unlimited claim amount seems to have gone and now a limitation of $25,000 plus a few other changes. Many other banks also now use Allianz, so you might have got advice too.   

$25,000 limit is not much good if you have a real big trip coming up, i.e. like ours next year. I got declined by Allianz anyway, due to pre existing, so going with NRMA-Covermore - unlimited amount of claim.

Forwarded for information.

Not sure on this now, perused the recet booklet again with PDS, all a bit confusing to me re limits.

Had a look at Insurance & go and Budget cruise insurance and both state on their PDS regarding pre existing and they both state they will not cover claims arising from or in any way connected to you or any insured person on your policy who has in the last 5 years suffered from or received medical advice, treatment or medication for:any heart related, blood circulatory or diabetic condition. So that could end up be very costly if trouble occurs on a cruise.

20 hours ago, JohnGc said:

Had a look at Insurance & go and Budget cruise insurance and both state on their PDS regarding pre existing and they both state they will not cover claims arising from or in any way connected to you or any insured person on your policy who has in the last 5 years suffered from or received medical advice, treatment or medication for:any heart related, blood circulatory or diabetic condition. So that could end up be very costly if trouble occurs on a cruise.

Strange that you should say that, we do all our travel insurance with Insure and Go and are both declared diabetics which they are happy to cover.

32 minutes ago, Russell21 said:

Strange that you should say that, we do all our travel insurance with Insure and Go and are both declared diabetics which they are happy to cover.

I am too and my husband has had heart problems, both declared and kept under control by medication. Insure and Go have insured us for the past few years without a problem. Most pre-existing medical conditions will have had medication prescribed. When you do the online pre-existing medical conditions section you are asked if you take medication, so it doesn't really make sense. 

Leigh