MATTRESS DIMENSIONS

Can anyone tell me the actual measurements of the mattress on the twin beds please. I am wanting to buy a Klymit pad but not sure which size will fit theor beds on the cruise.

Does anyone happen to know how many suitcases (the size the airlines will allow) will fit under a king (two twins) bed?  We are packing and want to make sure the suitcases will fit underneath.  

Thanks!

You can get quite a few under there but you might have to lift up the bed if they are too big.  No biggie.  In saying that, they keep extra blankets and sheets under there too so we just push them out of our way when storing stuff.

7 hours ago, KB Cruisin said:

Does anyone happen to know how many suitcases (the size the airlines will allow) will fit under a king (two twins) bed?  We are packing and want to make sure the suitcases will fit underneath.  

Thanks!

Not sure exactly what you mean (the size the airlines will allow).  Do you mean carryon or large checked?  If it is the former then 3 or 4 or at two large bags and perhaps a small carryon.

With one caveat.  Depending on the ship/cabin it may be difficult to get a large checked bag under the bed.  On the Enchantment the bed runs parallel to the side walls and the distance between side of the bed and the walls made it extremely difficult to get a larger bag under the bed.  The "legs" was actually a "u shaped bar" and the distance from the bottom of the "u" to the bottom of the bed made it impossible to slide a large bag under the bed from the foot of the bed.

10 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

A: Royal Caribbean's stateroom beds across the entire fleet are twin beds that convert to a Royal King size bed. A Royal King bed measures 72.5 inches wide by 82 inches long.

Perfect! Thank you so much, now I know which pads to purchase. 🙂

• 4 years later...

I am about to also purchase Klymit mats for use on the cruise and wonder which size was actually used and if they worked well.  We have called RC and they have assured us we can get a mattress topper, but I need a backup plan as I will be miserable without something for my back and hips.  Any and all information is appreciated.  We will be on the Odyssey of the Seas.

50 minutes ago, question221 said:

We have called RC and they have assured us we can get a mattress topper,

Very unlikely the cabin steward will have anything but a duvet to offer you as a way to soften the bed.

image.jpeg.77e55bfe5674cac1493ca65eccaa0aa2.jpeg

I bring a foam mattress topper king size. No problem. If traveling with my son I take king and fold in half on twin. I always take it when traveling with my husband who has a bad back. He can’t do the Kermit. So uncomfortable. Like a crap air mattress. We love our topper. We roll it up and put in a large duffel bag. 

Renza - that is amazing that you can get the king size foam mattress topper into duffel bag.  I have one twin one at the house and I don't think I could get that into a anything but a huge duffel bag.  We are flying to the cruise and it starts in Italy - so don't see how to do that.  Could you provide more information on the kind of foam topper you use?

I am now considering buying a foam topper here and packing it while it is vacuum packed and then leaving it.  But, all of the reviews say it takes about 2 days for the mattress pad to expand and also that it has a strong odor so should be left outside for a couple of days.  Obviously - that would be a problem.  I am looking at one that is lavender infused hoping that it takes off the odor.

Now I am wondering if any of the vacuum bags meant for travel would allow me to let it expand and off gas here, then vacuum pack the mattress for the trip.  And then I wonder if the steward would be willing to vacuum pack the bag for the return trip.

Has anyone tried this?  Thanks in advance.

Does seem crazy we have to somehow bring our own pillows and mattress toppers.  I have also asked RC to provide a wedge for the bed - which they say they will.  Has anyone tried that? 

On 5/4/2019 at 8:01 AM, cb at sea said:

Lift the bed frame if the suitcase won't "slide" under.

Or lift the suitcase up a bit to slide over the bar that forms the crosspiece of the legs.  Works every time for us.