Sky Suite

malony33

What extras come with sailing in a Sky Suite (Reflection, to be specific). For instance:

--is there a refrigerator that is automatically in the suite's design or is

that a special request?

--can you request something a bit more specific and unusual for that

fridge,  in my case Snapple in a certain flavor? 🥤

--is the shampoo/conditioner, etc., upgraded?

--are there any additional amenities in the bathroom? in the cabin?

--I know there is fresh fruit upon arrival at the cabin; is this continued for

the rest of the cruise, and can specific fruit be requested as availability

permits?🍇🍊🍌💲

--is the quality of the bathrobe upgraded?

--is there an umbrella and binoculars in the cabin?☂️

--I heard there's an upgraded room service menu - true?

--I know suites have a lounge and our own restaurant;  is it the same one as

that in the MDR, or does it have its own? If so, is it different every night?🍽️

This is the 1st time I've booked a suite and probably the last. I even plan to ask the butler

to help me unpack👗👠👙👡👒 (back, neck and shoulder injuries have accumulated time)!!!

Over the years I cruised many times with my husband, who is now my ex...so it's a solo trip

and thus an expensive proposition.💲 💲I'm SO excited and want to make the most of it (especially

at this price point),  sooo...ANY AND ALL INFO AND ADVICE ABOUT THE SUITE WILL BE MUCH

APPRECIATED. Thanks, everyone; after a long, tough 2 years, this is the light at the end of the

tunnel for me! REFLECTION🛳️, CARIBBEAN☀️⛱️🏝️🏖️🍹🐬🐟🐠🐡 NOVEMBER, 2019.😎😊

THANK YOU!!!

Start with going through the Celebrity website and looking at all of the features of suites.

The refrigerator in the room is more like a chiller. It doesn’t keep things terribly cold. 

Your dining room will be Luminae.  The menu there will change every night

You will love suite perks, there will be a butler that can help you unpack, but we have never requested that. Shampoo etc is higher grade in suites. Food and service in suite restaurant is really excellent restaurant is luminae, it is not open for lunch if in port but is open for all others meals including lunch on embarkion day. There will be a bathrobe in closet. Suite lounge micheals you can get free drinks or coffee all day service there like luminae is excellent. Really easy getting off ship at end of the cruise concierge will walk you off and can get a glass of champagne while waiting.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, malony33 said:

What extras come with sailing in a Sky Suite (Reflection, to be specific). For instance:

--is there a refrigerator that is automatically in the suite's design or is

that a special request?

--can you request something a bit more specific and unusual for that

fridge,  in my case Snapple in a certain flavor? 🥤

--is the shampoo/conditioner, etc., upgraded?

--are there any additional amenities in the bathroom? in the cabin?

--I know there is fresh fruit upon arrival at the cabin; is this continued for

the rest of the cruise, and can specific fruit be requested as availability

permits?🍇🍊🍌💲

--is the quality of the bathrobe upgraded?

--is there an umbrella and binoculars in the cabin?☂️

--I heard there's an upgraded room service menu - true?

--I know suites have a lounge and our own restaurant;  is it the same one as

that in the MDR, or does it have its own? If so, is it different every night?🍽️

This is the 1st time I've booked a suite and probably the last. I even plan to ask the butler

to help me unpack👗👠👙👡👒 (back, neck and shoulder injuries have accumulated time)!!!

Over the years I cruised many times with my husband, who is now my ex...so it's a solo trip

and thus an expensive proposition.💲 💲I'm SO excited and want to make the most of it (especially

at this price point),  sooo...ANY AND ALL INFO AND ADVICE ABOUT THE SUITE WILL BE MUCH

APPRECIATED. Thanks, everyone; after a long, tough 2 years, this is the light at the end of the

tunnel for me! REFLECTION🛳️, CARIBBEAN☀️⛱️🏝️🏖️🍹🐬🐟🐠🐡 NOVEMBER, 2019.😎😊

THANK YOU!!!

The contents of the mini fridge are not included with the  Sky Suite or covered by the beverage package.  We ask the  cabin attendant to empty them mini fridge  so we can stock it with the beverage we want (water, soda, wine) most of which we get from a bar and bring to the suite.  I haven’t seen Snapple onboard but your Butler could tell if if they have it.

yes, you can ask for specific fruit & they will provide it if they have it.

Umbrellas & binoculars are in the suite and the room service menu is upgraded.

The Butler will assist with unpacking but you must be there and it may not happen immediately as each Butler has 12 or more Suites to cover.  

As mentioned the restaurant fo r Suite guests is Luminae and it has its own menu which changes daily.  You may order items from the MDR menu if nothing on the Luminae menu Interests you on a particular night.

Enjoy!

Just a few more comments --  I've never seen "snapple" on board any Celebrity ship, but then I've never asked for it.  The suite toiletry brand is Bulgari.  And the binnoculars, whether your are in a suite or not, are virtually useless.

Re packing/unpacking....Your butler will help you with packing and unpacking but you may need to wait and you do need to be there. As someone has said butlers do look after lots of suites and their focus on boarding afternoon is more to briefly ‘meet and greet’. I would recommend if your disability is such that unpacking is difficult for you to complete the special needs form precruise. This will alert your butler and may help him to better (and more quickly) help you. It is one of those perks that most people don’t want or use so your butler will not offer unless you request.

An alternative is to look how you can make your unpacking very easy. For example, packing dresses, skirts etc on lightweight hangers that then can just be lifted out of your case and having undies, T shirts etc in carrier bags to just move to an appropriate drawer. As we often combine our cruises with land stays this tends to be how we pack, I can unpack and be ready for Michael’s Club in minutes!

Chat with the Michael’s Club concierge the day after you board about events etc that you may enjoy. For example a bridge tour or a galley tour. Ask him/her about any possible solo events too. Afternoon tea is also served in Michael’s and can be a good time/venue to meet others.

The binoculars are rubbish even in the PH so worth taking your own. 

There are two umbrella types, a small folding one and a large golf one....Personally we find if the weather is wet it is often windy too....The little one  can go inside out and the bigger one once nearly turned me into Mary Poppins! Especially with your shoulder issues I would recommend packing a few $ plastic ponchos and leaving the brollies in the wardrobe...

We were on the Reflection last year and loved it. Sincere best wishes for a fantastic suite cruise!

FWIW - on the Revolutionized ships, Michaels Lounge in now called The Retreat Lounge, on those ships, there is an exclusive suite only deck area, with loungers and a hot tub.  We also had the new plush bathrobes that were marvelous!

Edited by sippican