Can you pack your own water bottles in suitcase ?

I drink a lot of water and am worried it will cost a lot if I have to buy it for a two week cruise.

I need bottles of water at all times.

Please can someone clarify this as I am getting worried about this little problem, thank you

21 minutes ago, Helpfulherbie said:

I drink a lot of water and am worried it will cost a lot if I have to buy it for a two week cruise.

Please can someone clarify this as I am getting worried about this little problem, thank you

Bring a refillable bottle and you'll have all the water you need from the water faucets on the ship.   If you are a cruise where you will go to Capri, be sure it is not a single-use bottle (even if you refill it), as the island government has banned single use plastic as of May 1. 

2 hours ago, Helpfulherbie said:

I think you are on Holland America Line's (HAL) Rotterdam. You can bring as much water (or soda) as carry on, or just put a luggage tag on it and give it to the porters. (If you put it in your checked luggage, you might be called to the naughty room to be sure you are not trying to smuggle alcohol.)

• Like 1

You can get ice water at ANY bar or eating venue ANY time you want.  No need to carry bottles around.  Most ships allow you to bring a bit of water, for ports and such...and many will simply bring refillable bottles to take ashore, if they don't want to buy drinks ashore.  I've found EVERY port has beverages, if you get thirsty!

I drink a lot of water as well (kidney stones preventative) as does DW. We do great refilling the same bottles over and over. No need to buy or carry on cases of bottled water. The water on board is fine, free, tastes great, and doesn't have a plastic waste problem.

46 minutes ago, dobiemom said:

or just put a luggage tag on it and give it to the porters. (If you put it in your checked luggage, you might be called to the naughty room to be sure you are not trying to smuggle alcohol.)

"just" putting a luggage tag on it and giving it to the porter makes it "checked luggage".

HAL asks that all beverages be carried on, not checked.