Positions?

diesel1973

Interesting!

So it's a private show or group...but not a full charter? 

I will check the website but seems that M class ships do not have alot of entertainment/ performance  space to begin with, esp with Michaels turned into the Suite lounge,,,

Glad we are booked on Summit in May 2020,

It got by me as well ...but we only saw his "act" once ages ago  on an M Class ship, probably Constellation...He is quite well known among  old time " X "cruisers.

At the time, Michaels Club  was wall to wall with his fans,  but it  did not appeal to us.   And since he was in Michaels almost every night, it left us without a venue to enjoy.  Same story now.,.but due to the suite guests having it as their space.

I did find the " announcement/ ad" .  Nice itin....fans will love it!

Apparently, it  won't affect our May  2020  Summit cruise,  or the June  cruise going to Newport, Bermuda and Charleston....

Edited by hcat

46 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

shipboard entertainer with many fans, not everybody’s cup of tea but his loyal fans followed him from Holland America to Celebrity to Crystal, to Saga, to Royal Caribbean.  

I don't know him either, but he must be good for some folks. Picking a cruise to see your entertainer is a rather expensive way of doing it. I get it, you know what you are going to get. But still.
I have looked at some of the 70/80's music cruises but two things stop me. We cruise in January and I've never seen one then and the increase in price is hard to take.

My great grandmother is too young for much of Perry's music but he did have a very loyal following in Michael's Club on Eclipse.  His piano was always surrounded by a crowd of female octogenarian groupies.   Filled the place every night and also did a headline show in the main theater.   We stayed for half an hour, that was our limit. 

Besides being a good entertainer I thought he was also a comedian. Contacted his travel agency to get price on his cruse and they informed me there is a $200 p/p fee to see his show! Not very funny!

My only concern,  if this  starts a trend of  of pvt shows on open cruises,   is where would the  private shows  be held,  and would it in any way interfere with regular guest entertainment ? 

M and S Class  don't have  as many   performance venues like EDGE.

Not any different than other group cruises which reserve spaces during the cruise.  I’m not sure it’s a great idea for the other passengers but it happens all the time.  On Reflection in January there was a huge group, all customers of one travel agency.  They booked the Sky Lounge nearly every night from about 9 o’clock on.  I think they also booked out a specialty restaurant a couple of nights.

15 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Not any different than other group cruises which reserve spaces during the cruise.  I’m not sure it’s a great idea for the other passengers but it happens all the time.  On Reflection in January there was a huge group, all customers of one travel agency.  They booked the Sky Lounge nearly every night from about 9 o’clock on.  I think they also booked out a specialty restaurant a couple of nights.

Guess we have been lucky to miss all  that....booking one venue every night, esp Sky, would cut down on other guests places to go. Sky has a nice bar area and usually later on a DJ.

Happy this special event  is not our for  cruise....