Fine Print of Single Supplement

Recently made a reservation booking as a Single Supplement since I was traveling by myself for a cruise that begins on 30 August. In lieu of the 200% I have the points and qualify for the 150% which I have used many times. However, on this cruise they charged the 200% and when I questioned it they said that the fine print outlines that July and August are not included in the 150% rate. Ironically, I have not cruised single in July or August. Is this a new rule?

2 minutes ago, awestover89 said:

I'm not familiar with the 150% option. Is that a perk for a specific crown and anchor level? What are the rules for it, other than excluding some holidays and summer months?

340 points and above get this perk 

• Like 2

Point 16 from the C&A benefits page.

Single members must have 340 Cruise Points earned in order to receive the single cruise fare at 150%. This offer is based on availability with certain restrictions. Ocean Voyage Packages, Holiday sailings (Christmas and New Year) and the months of July and August are not included in this offer.

5 minutes ago, Johnamac123 said:

Can this be combined with a BOGO50 discount??

Single supplement is one person travelling in a cabin solo and Bogo is a discount on the second passenger in a cabin, so no real way to combine them

8 minutes ago, awestover89 said:

Single supplement is one person travelling in a cabin solo and Bogo is a discount on the second passenger in a cabin, so no real way to combine them

Actually in a way they are.

The total cabin cost is calculated as if there were 2 guests including the BOGO 50 (before taxes) and then multiplied by .75 to give the rate for the cabin with the solo discount and then taxes for one person are added to give the total cabin cost.  

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Johnamac123 said:

Can this be combined with a BOGO50 discount??

Yes.

31 minutes ago, awestover89 said:

No.

24 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Actually in a way they are.

The total cabin cost is calculated as if there were 2 guests including the BOGO 50 (before taxes) and then multiplied by .75 to give the rate for the cabin with the solo discount and then taxes for one person are added to give the total cabin cost.  

Yes.

🙂

1 hour ago, Merion_Mom said:

Yes.

No.

Yes.

🙂

There is no need to have to figure out the cost of a cruise with the 150% supplement.  If you just put the code DP340 as a promotion code when checking prices, it will automatically come up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Had to book a cruise for a friend's special event starting on 8/31/19.  Doh!  Dude, why August 31st?  No single supplement 340 discount.  He isn't there yet.   

It's a cruise with friends to mark an occasion.  So I chose to bite it and book at 200% knowing those are the rules so I could join my friends on this occasion.  Such is life, those are the rules.  I'm staying on for a B2B which is eligible for DP340 since leg 2 starts in September.  

It's known and it is what it is.  Oh well.  

4 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Point 16 from the C&A benefits page.

Single members must have 340 Cruise Points earned in order to receive the single cruise fare at 150%. This offer is based on availability with certain restrictions. Ocean Voyage Packages, Holiday sailings (Christmas and New Year) and the months of July and August are not included in this offer.

What are “ocean voyage packages”... ? 

I know you can get 150 reduction on straight transatlantic sailing. 

TIA.