LONG ISLAND TO BAYONNE PORT

hcat

Has anyone driven via Belt Pkwy Staten Island  to Bayonne  from Suffolk County NY.?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Do any limos go there?

2 hours ago, hcat said:

Has anyone driven via Belt Pkwy Staten Island  to Bayonne  from Suffolk County NY.?

Do any limos go there?

I've driven between Staten Island or New Jersey and Nassau or Suffolk counties via the Southern State and Belt Parkways literally hundreds of times...maybe as many as a thousand times...over the years. I'm not sure what specific information you're looking for, but the one constant is that traffic is almost always awful and gets even worse on holidays, during rush hours or if there's an accident, etc.

I can't advise about limo service on Long Island, but a simple internet search for something like "limo services in Suffolk County NY" will produce names and you can investigate from there.

Edited by njhorseman

Thanks..just looking for info on whether the bridge near the port  is completed..,..bottle necks on Staten Island, etc. Have not driven to that port in quite awhile. Never fun!

Surprised to learn a limo would be $  400 to 500 rt...they want extra for tolls, gas other fees plus grats so we'll be driving and paking at the port. Fee is high b/c unlike airports, its a  only a one way fare for them.  Last time hardly anyone would even go...

I would use waze or google maps for real-time navigation.  I just put Cape Liberty into google maps from my house in W. Nassau and it says Bayonne Bridge closed. The suggested route was GWB to 95 S.  We would probably take the Holland Tunnel because hubby knows that way well. 

10 hours ago, Got2Cruise said:

I would use waze or google maps for real-time navigation.  I just put Cape Liberty into google maps from my house in W. Nassau and it says Bayonne Bridge closed. The suggested route was GWB to 95 S.  We would probably take the Holland Tunnel because hubby knows that way well. 

You looked near the time of the start of an overnight construction closure. The bridge should have reopened at 5 am this morning according to to the official construction schedule, and is in fact currently open .

Anyone planning to use the Bayonne Bridge should look at the construction schedule, which is updated weekly. Closures are generally during some weekday overnight hours and on some weekends.

http://www.panynj.gov/alerts-advisories/advisories-bayonne-bridge.cfm

Edited by njhorseman
  • Thanks 1

On May 8, 2019 at 3:27 PM, hcat said:

Do any limos go there?

We live in Nassau .We have a neighbor who uses a Nassau Limo service and they charge her $300 . We have used them to go to the Manhattan cruise port and they are very reasonable and reliable.We usually drive  to Bayonne. I personally have never driven in Manhattan because I hate the traffic congestion.