Printed Luggage Tags

Oscar1978

So we're supposed to "attach" these printed luggage tags to our bags once we pick our bags up from baggage claim area and before our luggage is loaded on to the transfer vehicle. Our group is worried about these flimsy paper tags getting ripped off while the bags are in transit to our rooms.  

I'd like to hear how you guys have attached your printed luggage tags to your bags. 

Enjoy your cruise....we're so excited...

Oscar 

43 minutes ago, Oscar1978 said:

... I'd like to hear how you guys have attached your printed luggage tags to your bags...

Howdy Oscar and welcome to Cruise Critic!

I use the following from the Cruise Critic Store:

Cruise Critic Cruise Luggage Tag Holder at https://www.cruisecritic.com/store/product.cfm?ID=46

Kat

3 minutes ago, Oscar1978 said:

Kat, 

If I ordered tags today, how long does it take to get them?  I'm leaving on 5/19, NC to Miami, FL

Oscar

Oscar, welcome to Cruise Critic, which is a great resource.  But it's important that threads be started in the appropriate forums.  As 1025Cruise stated above, you've mistakenly posted in the forum for getting help in using these message boards.   You could ask your questions in the Ask a Cruise Question forum.

I think you'd find it helpful to spend some time browsing through the various forums, so you know what is where.

Enjoy your cruise!

Oscar,

Found this info in Cruise Critic Store FAQ at https://www.cruisecritic.com/store/faq.cfm#help:

If you requested delivery by the U.S. Post Office, please allow 7-10 days for delivery within the United States.    

Here are the various shipping methods & prices:

Estimated Shipping Costs

USPS: First Class$3.78 
USPS: Retail Ground$7.95
USPS: Priority Mail$8.00
Ground$17.29
USPS: Express Mail$29.05
3rd Day$35.46
2nd Day$47.96
2nd Day AM$54.23
Next Day Afternoon$106.18
Next Day$116.29
Next Day Early AM$148.32
Actual shipping values will be based on your shipping destination.

Kat

14 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

If you have Amazon Prime you can order virtually the same tag holders and have them in two days.  EM

And they are less expensive. Even paying for shipping if you aren't a Prime member is cheaper since you would have to pay for shipping with Cruise Critic's tags. 

Edited by SantaFeFan

I always plan on getting some kind of plastic protector for my luggage tags, but just never have.

I will say, in all our cruises, my wife and I just end up stapling the paper luggage tag around the suitcase handle and have never had one get ripped off.  Not that I still don't get concerned about this happening.

16 hours ago, Oscar1978 said:

I'd like to hear how you guys have attached your printed luggage tags to your bags. 

We ordered some of the tag holders from Amazon for our upcoming cruise. However, in the past we found that folding the printed tags and covering them with clear packing tape made them sturdy enough to survive boarding as long as you aren't stingy with the staples. 

Don'y worry or stress about this and don't print out the luggage tags. Ever since RCI stopped mailing them we have opted to just get them from the luggage handlers at the port terminal (the ones that take your luggage). They have the sturdy airline type and either you write you cabin number on them or they will for you. These never fail or fall off.

I fold them up according to the instructions then use clear packing tape to cover the entire thing, and then I attach one end to the other around the handle of the bag.  A small roll of packing tape is always in the front pocket of my bag, it's handy for a lot of emergencies that come up.

packing tape.jpg

And to get them off I always have a pair of camping scissors in my bag.  I've carried them for at least twenty years and have been through hundreds of security screenings all over the world and they've never been noticed or caused an issue.

1434440468_campingscissors.jpg.40d3e78d6486f37a9292afdb7c46df9b.jpg

camping scissors.jpg

57 minutes ago, Top_of_the_Cube said:

I always plan on getting some kind of plastic protector for my luggage tags, but just never have.

I will say, in all our cruises, my wife and I just end up stapling the paper luggage tag around the suitcase handle and have never had one get ripped off.  Not that I still don't get concerned about this happening.

We had it happen once, and bought the holders as soon as we got home. Not something I want to repeat. I do agree with going through Amazon though. Cheap and fast shipping. We like https://amzn.to/2PXKTa8 since they zip shut and have the metal loop to attach to the luggage. Those are Royal Caribbean specific, but they have similar styles for other companies

19 hours ago, Top_of_the_Cube said:

I will say, in all our cruises, my wife and I just end up stapling the paper luggage tag around the suitcase handle and have never had one get ripped off.  Not that I still don't get concerned about this happening

Happened to me on my first cruise, used the plastic sleeves on the next 2...

18 hours ago, awestover89 said:

Those are Royal Caribbean specific, but they have similar styles for other companies

All that means is that they're sized to fit the tags best.  I used the same tag holders on RCI and on NCL, though the NCL tags were quite a snug fit as the tag holders were a just wide enough.

• Like 1