Spectrum - double stateroom booked, single built

Booked a double stateroom in Sept 18 for travel on 22/05/19 fully paid on 28/02/18. Called by RCI on 07/05/19, the stateroom built is a single, they changed the plans in Feb but didn't talk to us and now they have a full ship.

They keep asking us to give them time but they have done nothing in the last 5 days (or 4 months since the plans changed) they haven't even called us. Called them agIn this am and were told they can't do anything over the weekend. So we have just over a week before we fly and no stateroom even though they have our money. 

Yes, I have emailed Fain, Bayley and Goldstein, just got an email back asking for some time to investigate.

How will the RCI fans put me in my place for criticising or put a positive spin on this to make RCI look good???

Just now, Sentinal137 said:

How will the RCI fans put me in my place for criticising or put a positive spin on this to make RCI look good???

Hold out for 100% FCC after they find you a cabin. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Many ships have solo cabins. 

I didn’t know there were any single ones on this particular ship. I see now looking on the deck plans that they have single balcony cabins.

Edited by shopaholic6

Just now, beardedladies said:

From the sound of it neither did Royal Caribbean 

I think Symphony  had a similar issue in that they were selling cabins which didn’t exist but customers got a bit more warning. 

Edited by Biker19

The first 3 Quantum class ships have 12 solo balcony and 24 solo interior cabins. A number of the solo interior cabins are linked to other cabins to form a family or group area with a combined vestibule. From memory the Spectrum had at least the same.

The rooms have a standard bed although it can't be split in two like in normal rooms and it does feel slightly shorter than normal. The room has a theoretical capacity of 1-2 people so technically they could just apologise and give you some OBC to "make up for any misunderstanding" if it is for two people. Having said that, having two people in a solo room would be a bit cramped especially if it was an interior.

For those who wonder why they exist, they are very popular and sell out very fast because it make cruising by yourself much more affordable as there is no single supplement. i.e. the cost will be about half what a couple would pay for the same level of room which is what solo would have to pay otherwise.

22 hours ago, shopaholic6 said:

Eh? 🤔

He's a classical British poet, probably best known for his poem about no man being an island, don't ask for whom the bell tolls it tolls for thee.

Not sure what at all it has to do with getting your own room on a cruise ship though

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, awestover89 said:

He's a classical British poet, probably best known for his poem about no man being an island, don't ask for whom the bell tolls it tolls for thee.

Not sure what at all it has to do with getting your own room on a cruise ship though

Thanks for the explanation 😂😂 I’m not sure what he has to do with the original topic either 😂

1 hour ago, njkruzer said:

Any news resolving this?

Nah... it's the weekend. The Resolutions team don't work on weekends. We've been promised a call on Monday at 17.00. If they do call then it'll be the second time they have called us. On the 7th to tell us the bad news and tomorrow to give us the good. I hope.

10 minutes ago, Sentinal137 said:

Nah... it's the weekend. The Resolutions team don't work on weekends. We've been promised a call on Monday at 17.00. If they do call then it'll be the second time they have called us. On the 7th to tell us the bad news and tomorrow to give us the good. I hope.

Good luck.

• Thanks 1