Spectrum - double stateroom booked, single built

13 hours ago, Joseph2017China said:

The "first" cruise was running behind in building the ship. 

For clarity - the 'first' cruise is the cruise we are on. afaik, Spectrum was built on time? The plans for some of the staterooms were changed in Feb - from Double to solo. That is when RCI should have reached out to us, not in May when it's a lot more of an issue.

10 hours ago, Bloodgem said:

It's hard for us to answer your question when we do not know the new cabin number.

I just found out - 10664 - it looks OK from the deck plans? At least it is a double balcony stateroom and we will be welcomed on board rather than turned away at the dock! 🙂 

Thanks all

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Sentinal137 said:

I just found out - 10664 - it looks OK from the deck plans? At least it is a double balcony stateroom and we will be welcomed on board rather than turned away at the dock! 🙂 

Thanks all

How wonderful that you got a balcony.  Enjoy your cruise.

14 hours ago, Sentinal137 said:

Thanks all

Print your setsail pass and go

How wonderful that you got a balcony.  Enjoy your cruise.

A balcony was given because that was the room he paid to get. Royal Caribbean didn’t go above and beyond.

I agree with the poster who said that RC’s upcharge to pick your room over a guarantee is easily a $100 more. In this case, the OP did not get the room that was chosen and paid for at time of reservation. He received a room RC could find the same as a guarantee assignment. If a particular stateroom is not important to you that’s great but it is to some. $50 is not a fair amount of OBC. I think it’s actually insulting. $100 - $ 200 would seem more reasonable.

You don’t always have to make lemonade out of lemons so that RC can be right and you are on a cruise. $200 in OBC I’m good faith for their mistake will cost them nothing in the bottom line because the $ goes right back to them.
  • Like 1

On 5/13/2019 at 8:13 AM, Sentinal137 said:

Just been called by my wife - RCI have found us a stateroom on Deck 10 - I don't know the number as yet.

The question I have for you all now is - what is fair 'compensation'?

It was mentioned earlier a 100% Future cruise credit - which I don't actually think is fair on RCI.

However the $50 OBC they offered isn't either. My wife told them to go away and think about something a lot more substantial.

What do you folks think is fair for the week of worrying a week before we travel?

Thanks in Advance.

$50, you got a cabin it appears.

On 5/11/2019 at 1:31 PM, Sentinal137 said:

How will the RCI fans put me in my place for criticising or put a positive spin on this to make RCI look good???

There isn't any way to do that. Worst customer service ever.