How squished are we going to be?

rebeltech8

We upgraded to a balcony cabin on our next cruise on the Caribbean Princess.   Mom and Dad are across the hall.  We were thinking of having a pizza party on the balcony during sail away.

I was thinking we would use the two balcony chairs, our desk chair and Mom and Dad could BYO desk chair.  Too crowded for sail away?  I am sure someone has done it before.  Too squishy?

I had a "cocktail" party three times in my interior cabin with 4 people.  2 on the bed.  2 on desk chairs.  The first time, we dragged a desk chair in from the other interior cabin.  Instead of dragging it back, I asked my steward nicely, if he could find them another chair.  And he did.  I also requested a round table that appeared before dinner on the first night. Now that is service!  The cabin was very cozy.

You have a mansion for sail away.  Have a great time.  

Enjoy your cruise. You should be fine and be able to have a wonderful time. There's really no downside unless you make one yourself. (Amazingly some people do exactly that.) Just relax, enjoy cruising and sail away with your parents. 😉

• Like 2

Some thoughts.

If you are in cabin R746 you will have a large balcony approximately 9' x 9'. Any other cabin your balcony will be 9' x 5'.

Pizza. I'm not certain if room service is operating at this time. Call when you board to check. Your muster will be just before the sail away on deck 7. You may not be able to place your order before you return to your cabin. Expect long elevator delays after the muster. A pizza delivered to your cabin will cost $3 plus a normal tip. Might be better if you stop off at Slice Pizzeria, deck 15 by the Lido Pool and get some slices to bring back. They have cheese, pepperoni, plus another topping of the day. You also have the port/starboard issue. For example, in Ft. Lauderdale port side has the better views.

May I suggest you consider stepping out to the Horizon Terrace by the Outrigger Bar. There is a door at the end of the hallway. More room, better views, all kinds of goodies available just inside at the buffet and pizza is still available at Slices. If you have brought aboard wine for your cabin, just pour it into glasses and carry the glasses outside.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I had a "cocktail" party three times in my interior cabin with 4 people.  2 on the bed.  2 on desk chairs.  The first time, we dragged a desk chair in from the other interior cabin.  Instead of dragging it back, I asked my steward nicely, if he could find them another chair.  And he did.  I also requested a round table that appeared before dinner on the first night. Now that is service!  The cabin was very cozy.

I wanna go on a cruise with you!! :classic_rolleyes:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, FLCruise7 said:

Fishin' Musician - Just watched your video of your Alaska adventure (with surprise) - how wonderful!!  Great pictures & looks like you all had an outstanding time.

FLCruise7, thanks for the props.  That was my first taste of what has become my favorite destination... since then we've done multiple northbound, southbound and covered much of the area to Fairbanks, down to Seward and my favorite area, Homer and the southwest region of the Kenai Peninsula.