Who is taking Capt Kate's place on Equinox?

Pier290

Captain Kate McCue is I believe onboard Edge for its high profile European launch with LLP and then she is on leave. Captain Manetas is currently Equinox’s master. After her leave she rejoins Equinox on 8th June in Fort Lauderdale and transfers to Edge in Italy on August 17th where she stays until September 30th when it gets back to Rome. Some well deserved vacation leave follows and she signs back on to Edge on December 15th in Fort Lauderdale. I gleaned this previously from her own Insta replies to similar questions.  Of course, anything can change.

Edited by Toftwood
Additional info

Just now, lovecruzin said:

I could be mistaken, I recall reading someplace that Capt Tasos is going to join Equinox later this year. I see posts on IG where he says he is changing ships but can’t find the one where he says he is going to EQ and the date! ... Just remembered,  it may have been a cruiser who reported the ship and date! 😊

6 hours ago, Pier290 said:

Who will be replacing Captain Kate now that she's on Edge?  

Captain Tasos Kafetzis will be moving from Solstice to Equinox in November according to a posting on a social media site.

1 hour ago, Quo Vadis? said:

Captain Tasos Kafetzis will be moving from Solstice to Equinox in November according to a posting on a social media site.

Tasos sent me a message confirming that he will be aboard Equinox in November.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CulverCityCruisers said:

The real question is who fills in from Aug 17th until November? 

We are doing a B2B Aug 7th with Cpt Kate and then Aug 17th who ????  Feel bad for staff as they will be loosing a great friend.  Our Aug 17th sailing should be interesting

Probably Captain Manetas, as he has been the alternate Captain all along. 

5 minutes ago, the_dylaness said:

Could we please, please, please call her Captain McCue?

None of the other (male) captains are called by their first name and I think it's disrespectful of her hard work and earned respect.

Indeed. DId we call Joan of Arc "Jo'? Florence Nightingale "Flo"? Mother Teresa "Mo"? Have some respect people!

5 minutes ago, the_dylaness said:

None of the other (male) captains are called by their first name and I think it's disrespectful of her hard work and earned respect.

Actually most of the male Captain's introduce themselves and are called by their first name by both passengers and crew. For example: Capt. Leo, Capt. Tasos, Capt. Nick, Capt. George, captain. Alex, Captain Mike.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, the_dylaness said:

There are actually several Celebrity male Captains that are referenced by their first name, Captain, Leo, Nick and  Tassos .

They all work hard and are equally respected.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wpgcycler said:

Indeed. DId we call Joan of Arc "Jo'? Florence Nightingale "Flo"? Mother Teresa "Mo"? Have some respect people!

Captain Kate was the first female captain on Star Trek.  Spaced out fans should know there is a relationship between being a female, a captain and being Kate. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 5/16/2019 at 4:36 PM, the_dylaness said:

Have you ever sailed with her? She actually tells people to call her Captain Kate.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Purplsmurf said:

Have you ever sailed with her? She actually tells people to call her Captain Kate.

Not sailed with her, but as everyone can see, her name badge says Captain Kate so that is what she wants to be known by - far better and more modern than than the formality of others in her peer group.  

Edited by Toftwood

On 5/16/2019 at 8:08 PM, Janef said:

I’m looking forward to seeing Captain Kate on the Equinox June 22nd. First Celebrity cruise   

Hello Janef:

We have a roll call for our June 22 cruise if you are interested in communicating with other cruisers before we set sail.

This link might facilitate your joining in, if you like:

On 5/17/2019 at 1:31 AM, CulverCityCruisers said:

Maybe X is moving her to Edge due to her following as well as her abilities.  If Edge is not filling up cabins, she might be able to do it because of her following.  Just saying...maybe..

Is that a thing?  Do people book cruises on who they think the Captain might be?