Sky Princess

ALWAYS CRUZIN

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 3:30 PM, john_galt said:

We will be on the December 4th Inaugural Getaway and the Sky will arrive on the the 1st. I'm interested in what Princess has planned for those three idle days in FLL. I think the christening is supposed to be on the 3rd. 

Probably Travel Agent and Industry overnights and functions .

21 minutes ago, balanceok said:

Question about the self-serve laundry for those of you that have been on similar Princess ships:

Do the machines have automatic soap dispensers within the machine or do we need to bring detergent pods?

AD6C339F-63FA-420F-B25C-D231BE95FB1D.jpeg

1 hour ago, balanceok said:

Question about the self-serve laundry for those of you that have been on similar Princess ships:

Do the machines have automatic soap dispensers within the machine or do we need to bring detergent pods?

The machines don't self dispensing detergent.

Bring detergent or buy from the machine in the laundry room.

We are doing a B2B Feb. 22nd and really looking forward to this new ship.  We haven't done a Princess  cruise for a number of years now....not for any special reason.....different itineraries on sister ships.  We also haven't done the new ships with Princess so we are looking forward to seeing whether we like this larger one as we tend to cruise on the smaller ones.  It will be nice to be on a nice new ship....love the decor in the pictures!  Excited for this cruise that is for sure!

Hopefully they’ll have the large framed passenger photographs hanging the hallways as you’re walking to your cabin like they do with the Royal Princess.  We loved this feature and it was very useful too, because if we didn’t see the large llama we were heading the wrong way.  😋

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 6/2/2019 at 12:21 PM, twodaywonder said:

Alfredo's Pizzeria  What am I missing here? In the buffet you can get a hand tossed pizza any way you want it. Even a personal size. Just ask for it. From what I can find out about Alfredo's Pizzeria  They are hand made personal size hand tossed and served right our of the oven no different than the buffet. Other than that, it is a very nice place to eat your Pizza.

You also don't have to wade through the crowds of the buffet when you go to Alfredo's.  You are seated and orders are taken by the wait staff....much nicer than the chaos that is the buffet so often.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

You also don't have to wade through the crowds of the buffet when you go to Alfredo's.  You are seated and orders are taken by the wait staff....much nicer than the chaos that is the buffet so often.

And in the buffet there are no hand tossed pizzas made anyway you want it.

On 6/23/2019 at 1:18 PM, Astro Flyer said:

And in the buffet there are no hand tossed pizzas made anyway you want it.

I beg to differ. Any time I want a pizza made to order in the buffet, I never had a problem. To say hand tossed might be going a bit to far. More like squashed stretched dough with a rolling pin.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, twodaywonder said:

I beg to differ. Any time I want a pizza made to order in the buffet, I never had a problem. To say hand tossed might be going a bit to far. More like squashed stretched dough with a rolling pin.

Details please.

2 minutes ago, twodaywonder said:

What kind of details do you want? It's a pizza!

🙄

70 plus Princess cruises.

Have never seen a handmade pizza in the HC Buffet or any way to order one.

There is a pizza counter on deck near the pool not to far from the buffet.

Why would they duplicate their efforts in the buffet?

Details please?

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Reread my post

Dining Options

Indulge your appetite whenever you wish on board Princess®. Every hour, our chefs are busy baking, grilling and sautéing great-tasting fare from scratch. Princess offers unparalleled dining options throughout the ship with a wide range of culinary delights to suit any palate, from endless buffet choice with gourmet pizza, frosty treats, decadent desserts and much more.1

11 minutes ago, twodaywonder said:

Dining Options

Indulge your appetite whenever you wish on board Princess®. Every hour, our chefs are busy baking, grilling and sautéing great-tasting fare from scratch. Princess offers unparalleled dining options throughout the ship with a wide range of culinary delights to suit any palate, from endless buffet choice with gourmet pizza, frosty treats, decadent desserts and much more.1

Haha, Princess advertises lots of new things.

That doesn't mean they ever make to the fleet.

I see nothing about made to order pizza.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Haha, Princess advertises lots of new things.

That doesn't mean they ever make to the fleet.

I see nothing about made to order pizza.

I agree, I probably have sailed half the cruises you have and have never seen pizza inside the buffet.  Outside by the grill, yes.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, 1emerald1 said:

I agree, I probably have sailed half the cruises you have and have never seen pizza inside the buffet.  Outside by the grill, yes.

Please, there is no cruise ship I have ever been on that they will not make a pizza they way you want it. What's the HAHA? I took that direct from he Princess Cruise site. Take your problem up with them not me. Guess you are talking about all the different cruise lines also?

Just now, twodaywonder said:

Please, there is no cruise ship I have ever been on that they will not make a pizza they way you want it. What's the HAHA? I took that direct from he Princess Cruise site. Take your problem up with them not me. Guess you are talking about all the different cruise lines also?

Sure they will put whatever toppings you want on one but the crusts are all ready made, not hand tossed (at least on all the ships I've been on)

1 minute ago, twodaywonder said:

have YOU ever ORDERED a pizza in a PRINCESS buffet ???

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

Sure they will put whatever toppings you want on one but the crusts are all ready made, not hand tossed (at least on all the ships I've been on)

You are correct. Most ships do not do hand tossed. I always have them take the wad of dough they use and just make a personal pan pizza out of it. So it ends up a bit thicker and smaller. That is the way we like it. It has never been a problem. I was NEVER refused. They mostly do the dough two different ways. Either take the wad of dough and just put flower on it and stretch it by hand or take a large metal rolling pin, stretch it out and roll it till it get to be the size they want. I ave also seen them partially bake the dough and pile those up. Then it takes less time to bake in the oven. Some ships use the conveyor belt oven. Those pizzas are the worst. Always too hot and to fast through the oven. Burning black and crisping the cruise. 

1 hour ago, twodaywonder said:

Are you sure you are talking about Princess ships?  In 40 Princess cruises and 11 different Princess ships I have never seen pizza offered or served in any Horizon Court/World Fresh Marketplace buffet.  Also I have never seen anyone at the pool area pizza venue or at Alfredo's order any pizza other than what was on the menus.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, nukesubsailor said:

Are you sure you are talking about Princess ships?  In 40 Princess cruises and 11 different Princess ships I have never seen pizza offered or served in any Horizon Court/World Fresh Marketplace buffet.  Also I have never seen anyone at the pool area pizza venue or at Alfredo's order any pizza other than what was on the menus.

Ships meaning cruise lines. Many different cruise lines. OK Guess you never saw me order one.

• Haha 1