Sky Princess

ALWAYS CRUZIN

56 minutes ago, twodaywonder said:

Ships meaning cruise lines. Many different cruise lines. OK Guess you never saw me order one.

I have often seen individuals in the lunch or dinner buffet line holding up the line.  But it was because they had to stare at an item for a long time because they couldn't make a simple decision.  Never has one of those pain in the butt people been ordering a custom pizza.  As a service to your fellow cruisers, please tell us the name of the Princess ship(s) that you got a pizza made to your order in the buffet.  That way when I am in the mood for pizza and nothing on the menus at the pizza places is what I want, I can just go to the buffet and make a special order for a 5-meat pizza.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Twodaywonder – WHAT PRINCESS CRUISE SHIPS has hand made pizza in the Horizon Buffet?

Others have asked for details and I would like to know so I can order my handmade pizza in the Horizon Buffet.  With over 20 cruises with Princess and I never seen hand make pizza in the HC.

Colo Cruiser asked – “Details Please”.  That would help us understand.

Nukesubsailor – “Please tell us the name of the Princess ship(s)”.

Toedaywonder has evaded the answer.                        

With over 40 cruises maybe your getting Cruise lines mixed up?

I would be nice if you gave a Princess ship(s) name.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hi all!  We are a little late to the discussion, but DH and I are sailing on the Sky 12/21 for a 14 day Caribbean.  Woo hoo!  Did Christmas on the Royal a few years back and loved it (Decorations were stunning, Christmas music playing over the speakers was awesome, and they read Twas the night before Christmas over the speakers on Christmas Eve.  Truly well done!). This will be the first time we are on a ship for Christmas and New Years.  Can't wait!

Back to the pizza being hand made at the Horizon Court/Fresh Marketplace buffet areas- wouldn’t there have to be a pizza oven in those areas?

We have been on numerous Princess cruises,have frequented the buffet areas quite a bit on those cruises and have never noticed a pizza oven. Maybe I wasn’t looking closely enough.

Perhaps the person who is posting about ordering a personal pizza in the buffet is thinking of the pizza area poolside.

The location of Slice or whatever Princess calls it may be near the buffet,hence the confusion.

• Like 1

Yes there is a very good chance I have the Princess line confused with ALL the others. We do 4-6 cruises a year. Can't keep them all straight. No matter. There is no ship I have ever been on where they will not make a pizza the way you want it. Next time you cruise. Ask for one your way. Bet you get it.

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Lynniepoo said:

Hi all!  We are a little late to the discussion, but DH and I are sailing on the Sky 12/21 for a 14 day Caribbean.  Woo hoo!  Did Christmas on the Royal a few years back and loved it (Decorations were stunning, Christmas music playing over the speakers was awesome, and they read Twas the night before Christmas over the speakers on Christmas Eve.  Truly well done!). This will be the first time we are on a ship for Christmas and New Years.  Can't wait!

Come join the Roll Call for the second week you are aboard:

As time gets closer, we’ll be planning RC activities to help us all celebrate the New Year!!

3 hours ago, gotta cruise again said:

Come join the Roll Call for the second week you are aboard:

As time gets closer, we’ll be planning RC activities to help us all celebrate the New Year!!

sure, would love to!  We are Stew and Lynn from Fort Mill, SC.  😊

Cabin question.....I am looking to book an obstructed view balcony on the Sky.  I understand this ship is similar in layout to the Royal and Regal but I have only been on the smaller ships.  looking for cabin suggestions with least obstruction facing outward....lifeboats below and cant look down is ok but want to be able to see out above the railing.  Thanks.  

16 minutes ago, Buckeye10640 said:

Cabin question.....I am looking to book an obstructed view balcony on the Sky.  I understand this ship is similar in layout to the Royal and Regal but I have only been on the smaller ships.  looking for cabin suggestions with least obstruction facing outward....lifeboats below and cant look down is ok but want to be able to see out above the railing.  Thanks.  

Here’s a great website for photos of balcony obstructions by CC participant Renmar.  We greatly enjoyed a midship obstructed balcony cabin & only the view looking down was obstructed by the Promenade deck.   In that bumped out midship section of the ship balcony sizes are larger. 

https://sites.google.com/site/royalregalprincess/

Looking down from E436...

7A8D351E-3C4A-42C2-9719-457D71FD09BB.jpeg

On 6/30/2019 at 2:24 PM, twodaywonder said:

Yes there is a very good chance I have the Princess line confused with ALL the others. We do 4-6 cruises a year. Can't keep them all straight. No matter. There is no ship I have ever been on where they will not make a pizza the way you want it. Next time you cruise. Ask for one your way. Bet you get it.

Guess what. There is hand tossed pizza on a cruise ship. Maybe not any Princess ship, but here is take form the Carnival Magic.

Carnival Magic Hand Tosses Pizza.html

We're booked on the Sky Princess for the Inaugural Western Mediterranean and Adriatic Medley cruise departing Athens on October 20,2019 for 14 days disembarking in Rome.

Can't wait as this is the newest ship we have been on, apart from the Majestic in September 2018 during its Australian season.

This will be our first cruise departing and returning outside Australia. Previously we have left from both Sydney and Brisbane for the sun of the South Pacific and also New Zealand on both the Sea Princess and Sun Princess. Always enjoyed every cruise. 

This one is extra special as taking my parents too tick another item off my mum's bucket list!!  As well as my own list 😉.

Can't wait and have the count down happening for when I finish work and boarding the long flight to Athens.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2019 at 1:08 PM, twodaywonder said:

They have the "Slice for Pizza" and a Pizzeria? Usually at the buffet they have pasta, veil or chicken Parmesan and other offerings. Guess just to sit in the Pizzeria and pay for it?

Apparently you have not been on a Royal class Princess ship?

Okay...More on the pizza 🍕info.

Alfredo’s is a sit down restaurant ,located in the Piazza, that serves pizza as well as some other Italian dishes. There is no fee for Alfredo’s. My DH and I have enjoyed a number of lunches there on several Regal  Princess cruises.

I am thinking that there will be an Alfredo’s on the Sky Princes. We may go there on embarkation day to avoid the crowds in the buffet.

Also...I do remember a pizza area on the Celebrity Summit in the Aft section of the buffet. You could get a slice or a pie made to order there.

It was located near the area that made fresh sandwiches and grilled a variety of meats and fish . This was inside near the Sunset Bar.

Perhaps twodaywonder is thinking of this handmade pizza area if she has cruised on a Celebrity ship.

1 hour ago, MJSailors said:

Okay...More on the pizza 🍕info.

Alfredo’s is a sit down restaurant ,located in the Piazza, that serves pizza as well as some other Italian dishes. There is no fee for Alfredo’s. My DH and I have enjoyed a number of lunches there on several Regal  Princess cruises.

I am thinking that there will be an Alfredo’s on the Sky Princes. We may go there on embarkation day to avoid the crowds in the buffet.

Also...I do remember a pizza area on the Celebrity Summit in the Aft section of the buffet. You could get a slice or a pie made to order there.

It was located near the area that made fresh sandwiches and grilled a variety of meats and fish . This was inside near the Sunset Bar.

Perhaps twodaywonder is thinking of this handmade pizza area if she has cruised on a Celebrity ship.

Yes I already said looks like I made a mistake on that. The celebrity Reflection and the Equinox both have special order or pre made pizza in the buffet. Usually 3 different ones. Carnival has there own crispy charred burnt pizza at the Pizza Pirate. The best we ever had in the buffet was on the Royal Serenade of the seas. Just awesome. I was also told that Alfredo's at one time charged but no longer.

On 5/27/2019 at 1:34 PM, AF-1 said:

Thank you to all who responded about skywalk info.  I have not been or Regal or Royal; so after I sail Sky; will book one of the others so I can walk the walk

I love the Skywalk, since I have no fear of heights.  Two years ago booked a cabin beneath the Skywalk and loved watching people walking on it.  Some hurried along, others took time to look out to sea.  Very few ventured across during the evening for some reason.  Too many other activities perhaps.  

On 5/27/2019 at 1:34 PM, AF-1 said:

Thank you to all who responded about skywalk info.  I have not been or Regal or Royal; so after I sail Sky; will book one of the others so I can walk the walk

Edited by jangor
double post

On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 5:48 PM, nukesubsailor said:

I have often seen individuals in the lunch or dinner buffet line holding up the line.  But it was because they had to stare at an item for a long time because they couldn't make a simple decision.  Never has one of those pain in the butt people been ordering a custom pizza.  As a service to your fellow cruisers, please tell us the name of the Princess ship(s) that you got a pizza made to your order in the buffet.  That way when I am in the mood for pizza and nothing on the menus at the pizza places is what I want, I can just go to the buffet and make a special order for a 5-meat pizza.

Pacific Princess has a pizza guy making pizzas , you order through the hatch in the buffet, he always has 3 different types ready but I have found if he has the ingredients available he is happy to make one to order.