Muse now

zqtchas

7 hours ago, zqtchas said:

Here we are anchored off shore at the busy port of Ketchikan with 4  big ships docked &  float planes buzzing by. Rain expected later when our tour starts.

4FDA0730-9B46-4B47-B6BE-262760D96CC4.jpeg

4 big (emphasis on BIG) ships was interesting in this port.  Sooooo many people in a town that really isn’t big enough to deal with them sympathetically.  I’m sure it’s great for the local economy but, for me, it was just too crowded to enjoy exploring the place.

We went to the lumberjack show - yes, typical tourist trap but it was well produced and you had to admire the skill on show from these athletes at the top of their profession.

We then took a turn around town but quite quickly found overselves craving the peace of our floating home and got the tender boat back for late lunch.

Delicious Black Forest gateaux in the Arts cafe this afternoon - highly recommended.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, zqtchas said:

Here we are anchored off shore at the busy port of Ketchikan with 4  big ships docked &  float planes buzzing by. Rain expected later when our tour starts.

Downtown Ketchikan was a zoo! Wall to wall people until you got far enough away from the crowds. I hope your tour went well today.

10 hours ago, lem_100 said:

4 big (emphasis on BIG) ships was interesting in this port.  Sooooo many people in a town that really isn’t big enough to deal with them sympathetically.  I’m sure it’s great for the local economy but, for me, it was just too crowded to enjoy exploring the place.

Excellent postings and follow-ups from zqtchas, lem_100 and Unibok!!  Looking good and interesting.  Sorry to hear that "Downtown Ketchikan was a zoo!"   What has been working, and not, for picture uploading?  Some visuals are getting through and being posted.   Others not or super slow.  Added insights or "work-arounds" to suggest??

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Lisbon, NWSpain, Bordeaux/Brittany: Live/blog, June 2017 from Portugal to France along scenic Atlantic Coast.  Now at 28,695 views.  Many interesting pictures, details for history, food, culture, etc.:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2511358

On 6/3/2019 at 2:07 PM, zqtchas said:

Wow, an amazing shot. The majesty of the mountains and the low hanging clouds.

But, So crowded!

Chef Anne-Mari Cornelius & Jimmy opening a food demonstration.  A strawberry rosemary balsamic  ice cream with a netted crepe & miso & caramel  glazed Alaskan salmon.

So far have seen more totem poles than whales.

Last town missed seeing a small fire engine museum that I hear was great,

but saw no mention of it in any write ups.( Prince Rupert ) Nice little walkable town, only ship.

EB0A8788-04A6-47A6-87EB-64AF4AAA9360.jpeg

67BB7F15-8E75-4132-9077-B6C9D50AAB4C.jpeg

A5D04660-839A-4C6E-8F60-E434B17B8E33.jpeg

Edited by zqtchas
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, zqtchas said:

Chef Anne-Mari Cornelius & Jimmy opening a food demonstration.  A strawberry rosemary balsamic  ice cream with a netted crepe & miso & caramel  glazed Alaskan salmon.  So far have seen more totem poles than whales.

Appreciate your continued wonderful postings, comments and follow-up. Looking good!!  Fortunately, you have been able to post these visuals.  Any background as to how you are posting these pictures, the time it takes, insights/guesses to make it easier for others to be successful from the ship, etc.?

Amazon River-Caribbean 2015 adventure live/blog starting in Barbados. Many visuals from this amazing river and Caribbean Islands (Dutch ABC's, St. Barts, Dominica, Grenada, San Juan, etc.).  Now at 63,947 views:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2157696

1 hour ago, TLCOhio said:

Appreciate your continued wonderful postings, comments and follow-up. Looking good!!  Fortunately, you have been able to post these visuals.  Any background as to how you are posting these pictures, the time it takes, insights/guesses to make it easier for others to be successful from the ship, etc.?

Amazon River-Caribbean 2015 adventure live/blog starting in Barbados. Many visuals from this amazing river and Caribbean Islands (Dutch ABC's, St. Barts, Dominica, Grenada, San Juan, etc.).  Now at 63,947 views:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2157696

When you bring up cc to make a comment, at the bottom it shows a paper clip & click to choose files & it tells you fill size max. I am using a mini iPad & have loaded my pictures into photos. Just select.  The amount of time depends on the satellite . I try one at a time. If it loads fast, I add more.

Anything new from those on the Silver Muse on their way to Vancouver?  Did you arrive this morning in this famed western Canada city?  Looking forward to hearing more, seeing added visuals!!  Appreciate ALL of these fun and interesting posts.  

Kotor/Montenegro:  Exciting visual samples, tips, details, etc., for this scenic, historic location. Over 45,458 views.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1439193